IGNORED

Groucho's Healing Lounge

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I consider my fellow sandtrap posters close friends. So allow my to lend my e-shoulder to you all. Whatever you want to get off your chest, do it here. I will help you with anything from Stock market tips to getting rid of those annoying weeds stick in your driveway. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dollar weeds.  How to get rid of dollar weeds.   I put Scott's Bonus S on them a couple of months ago, and now I have a massive amount of them in my yard. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel like the weed killer companies put seeds of weeds that don't get killed off with the marketed weed killer in them so they can sell other types of weed killers. . . It's like selling steer manure, lots of seeds for weeds there too or whatever cows like to eat and can't digest! :whistle:

Also, I'm still looking for that "Ground Forces" thread. I was told my stance was too narrow, then widened it and got better shots as a consequence. More stable platform for my upper body? Or more "ground forces"? IDK. I'm leaning towards more stability and other than just providing a solid foundation that there are no actual ground "forces". What do you guys think? Or was this too "golfy" a discussion for this thread? :-D

Either way, my gripe is this new site has a terrible search engine. The old one was at least serviceable. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

34 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

Dollar weeds.  How to get rid of dollar weeds.   I put Scott's Bonus S on them a couple of months ago, and now I have a massive amount of them in my yard. 

Well as you know Marty, dollar weeds are just catastropic and running america. Worse than any period in history. I have a very important and very secret plan to battle dollar weeds, and it will be the best plan you've ever seen. Guaranteed. 

8 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I feel like the weed killer companies put seeds of weeds that don't get killed off with the marketed weed killer in them so they can sell other types of weed killers. . . It's like selling steer manure, lots of seeds for weeds there too or whatever cows like to eat and can't digest! :whistle:

Also, I'm still looking for that "Ground Forces" thread. I was told my stance was too narrow, then widened it and got better shots as a consequence. More stable platform for my upper body? Or more "ground forces"? IDK. I'm leaning towards more stability and other than just providing a solid foundation that there are no actual ground "forces". What do you guys think? Or was this too "golfy" a discussion for this thread? :-D

You can never go wrong with ground forces, Lihu. Rip up that grass when you swing! I prefer a balanced and athletic feel at address. Like a cat stalking its prey through the weeds..

5 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Well as you know Marty, dollar weeds are just catastropic and running america. Worse than any period in history. I have a very important and very secret plan to battle dollar weeds, and it will be the best plan you've ever seen. Guaranteed. 

They're edible. . .

Although, that's a heck of a lot of egg roll wrapping! It'd be interesting how they taste with mozarella, basalmic and olive oil? :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

You can never go wrong with ground forces, Lihu. Rip up that grass when you swing! I prefer a balanced and athletic feel at address.

Yeah, it certainly feels more solid and balanced.

Like a cat stalking its prey through the weeds..

Of pennyworth (dollar weeds)? :banana:

5 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Is Arianna Huffington giving foraging advice now? Sad! 

Was that Arianna? I thought it was some Vietnamese lady. :-D

Here's a drink made with the stuff. . .sounds good too. I'm going to try some this evening. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

52 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

Have an artificial turf yard.  Good for practice and easy to maintain. :-D

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

14 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Yeah, it certainly feels more solid and balanced.

Of pennyworth (dollar weeds)? :banana:

Was that Arianna? I thought it was some Vietnamese lady. :-D

Here's a drink made with the stuff. . .sounds good too. I'm going to try some this evening. . .

That actually does look really good... :-$

6 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Have an artificial turf yard.  Good for practice and easy to maintain. :-D

It's kind of like artificial Christmas trees. They last forever, but have no "character". Weeds add some character to any lawn. Some more than others. . .

Yard-long_bean_with_weeds_2.JPG

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

It's kind of like artificial Christmas trees. They last forever, but have no "character". Weeds add some character to any lawn. Some more than others. . .

Yard-long_bean_with_weeds_2.JPG

You have the artificial lawn and then plant trees/shrubs with just enough room in the turf for the trunks to grow.  hmmm, i may have to try it, without my wife knowing... makes picking up dog poop easier tho!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

They're edible. . .

Although, that's a heck of a lot of egg roll wrapping! It'd be interesting how they taste with mozarella, basalmic and olive oil? :-D

Cardboard tastes good with mozzarella, balsamic, and olive oil!

4 minutes ago, NJpatbee said:

Cardboard tastes good with mozzarella, balsamic, and olive oil!

I'm not going to ask if this is based upon a personal experience or not. . . :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On 3/9/2017 at 8:42 AM, Groucho Valentine said:

You can never go wrong with ground forces, Lihu. Rip up that grass when you swing! I prefer a balanced and athletic feel at address. Like a cat stalking its prey through the weeds..

My swing now has a wider more comfortable and solid stance. I feel "healed". . .thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

My brother broke up with his girlfriend because among other things she stole/withdrew thousands from his bank accounts.  By his account, she was withdrawing a grand a day and stashing it away out of his various accounts for a period of time, alternating between accounts.  His office manager was the one that discovered all this. 

Now they are back together, he's making excuses/lying ("I blew it all out of proportion"), and they are soon to be married.  I think it's a disaster.  He won't take my advice to get a prenup and we no longer talk/phone each other on our regular weekly basis.   Should I go to the wedding and miss my regular golf round with my buds?  Should I congratulate him/her?

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

My swing now has a wider more comfortable and solid stance. I feel "healed". . .thanks.

urwelcome

19 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

My brother broke up with his girlfriend because among other things she stole/withdrew thousands from his bank accounts.  By his account, she was withdrawing a grand a day and stashing it away out of his various accounts for a period of time, alternating between accounts.  His office manager was the one that discovered all this. 

Now they are back together, he's making excuses/lying ("I blew it all out of proportion"), and they are soon to be married.  I think it's a disaster.  He won't take my advice to get a prenup and we no longer talk/phone each other on our regular weekly basis.   Should I go to the wedding and miss my regular golf round with my buds?  Should I congratulate him/her?

Your duties as a brother are to be preventing this arrangement. Since he has obviously taken leave of his senses. If the wedding happens, it will be then your task toss grenades all over that joint like they're softballs. No shirt? No shoes? No problem! 

Hey, you're good at this.  And my story is true.  He's 56, I'm 59, I don't seem to have any influence on him.  I'm having dinner with my niece, his daughter from a previous marriage.  Dicey situation.  So far I've let her take the lead on any discussion regarding this disaster with her dad.  So far she hasn't brought it up.

Note: This thread is 2375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!