IGNORED

IPS 4.1.19

iacas
Note: This thread is 2588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

This release focuses on bug fixes and performance. You should see speed improvements. New features include:

• A new moderator setting to restrict users from ignoring moderators.
  • A new group setting to allow members to lock their own content.
  • A new group setting to hide a group from filters in search.
  • When moving content moderators are now prompted for where you want to be redirected after the action.
  • Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.
  • An email is now sent when an account is locked for too many bad login attempts.
  • When editing a member in the AdminCP, it will now show how much of their messenger storage quota is being used.

The bold one matters a little here. The rest will just stay as they are now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, iacas said:

This release focuses on bug fixes and performance. You should see speed improvements. New features include:

• A new moderator setting to restrict users from ignoring moderators.
  • A new group setting to allow members to lock their own content.
  • A new group setting to hide a group from filters in search.
  • When moving content moderators are now prompted for where you want to be redirected after the action.
  • Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.
  • An email is now sent when an account is locked for too many bad login attempts.
  • When editing a member in the AdminCP, it will now show how much of their messenger storage quota is being used.

The bold one matters a little here. The rest will just stay as they are now.

I like the first one!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 3/15/2017 at 4:22 AM, boogielicious said:

I like the first one!

and apparently it is not limited to moderators.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Huh?

Users can't add moderators to their ignore lists.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

46 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

As long as I can still ignore idiots, I'm ok with this feature. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just now, iacas said:

Huh?

not that it makes any difference, but two members who are on my "ignore" list posts now appear and I am not permitted to "ignore them" (using ignore function).  My reasons are not important and should be my perogative, UNLESS they are afforded certain priveleges which I am unaware of.  I Still have a scroll bar though, so in essense, I can ignore anybody I choose to.

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Huh?

Users can't add moderators to their ignore lists.

I know that. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

not that it makes any difference, but two members who are on my "ignore" list posts now appear and I am not permitted to "ignore them" (using ignore function).  My reasons are not important and should be my perogative, UNLESS they are afforded certain priveleges which I am unaware of.  I Still have a scroll bar though, so in essense, I can ignore anybody I choose to.

Unless those people are moderators, no, nothing changed.

Sponsors can also not be ignored.

Just now, iacas said:

Unless those people are moderators, no, nothing changed.

can't say Erik, these particular ones are not staff members unless they just do not show as being. Makes no real difference, I was just surprized to suddenly seeing their posts (not just quoted) and when I tried to put them back on my ignore list, I was told "You are not permitted to ignore this member). They still show on my settings as being ignored members, but their posts still appear. Its okay, I can still just scroll past, but its kind of a hassle at times. It is kind of a point of contention to think that mods can see my private user settings, and again, I can not say that is happening either. Just too coincidental.

"James"

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Can't say Erik, these particular ones are not staff members unless they just do not show as being. Makes no real difference, I was just surprized to suddenly seeing their posts (not just quoted) and when I tried to put them back on my ignore list, I was told "You are not permitted to ignore this member). They still show on my settings as being ignored members, but their posts still appear. Its okay, I can still just scroll past, but its kind of a hassle at times. It is kind of a point of contention to think that mods can see my private user settings, and again, I can not say that is happening either. Just too coincidental.

Just now, I:

• Checked all the permissions on the site. Moderators, Administrators, and Sponsors are the only ones who can't be ignored.
  • Checked/repaired (no repairs were marked as needed, though) all the permissions based tables in the database.
  • Re-counted your content count and reputation. Though I only did this because it can't hurt and I was looking at your profile in the Admin Control Panel. We cannot read PMs or see your user lists (or much of anything else, really - just see your email, change your group, and a few other basic things) in there.

I had another user check and they're able to ignore people who aren't in the three groups listed above.

Just now, iacas said:

Just now, I:

• Checked all the permissions on the site. Moderators, Administrators, and Sponsors are the only ones who can't be ignored.
  • Checked/repaired (no repairs were marked as needed, though) all the permissions based tables in the database.
  • Re-counted your content count and reputation. Though I only did this because it can't hurt and I was looking at your profile in the Admin Control Panel. We cannot read PMs or see your user lists (or much of anything else, really - just see your email, change your group, and a few other basic things) in there.

I had another user check and they're able to ignore people who aren't in the three groups listed above.

Thank you for looking into it. All I can say is that up until yesterday, I could ignore these two. Now I cannot. If they are sponsors or not, I have no way of telling (or don't know where to look). I then tried to experiment and ignored a random member and did so with no problem (I then re-instated that member). I guess it will remain a mystery. If they are sponsors, then apparently that is very recent. that is one explanation I suppose. Not my call, but not even sponsors in my opinion have justification for not being ignored. 

"James"

• Administrator
Just now, Hacker James said:

Thank you for looking into it. All I can say is that up until yesterday, I could ignore these two. Now I cannot.

PM me or something, because at this point I don't believe you. It works for several other people. Nobody's failed to be able to ignore someone who isn't in those three groups. Those three labels supersede any others too so it's not like someone who is seen as "Established" is secretly a Moderator.

Go try it again, or something. This feature works as far as I can tell. For everyone.

Just now, Hacker James said:

Not my call, but not even sponsors in my opinion have justification for not being ignored. 

If they're spending money to support the site they deserve to not be ignored via the ignore feature. Sorry.

P.S. We have six "sponsor" accounts right now. One's @david_wedzik. One is @Al Vorster. Three are @SnellGolf related and all have "Snell" in the name. The last is a developer who helped develop the front page, and who also has zero posts here.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

PM me or something, because at this point I don't believe you. It works for several other people. Nobody's failed to be able to ignore someone who isn't in those three groups. Those three labels supersede any others too so it's not like someone who is seen as "Established" is secretly a Moderator.

Go try it again, or something. This feature works as far as I can tell. For everyone.

If they're spending money to support the site they deserve to not be ignored via the ignore feature. Sorry.

P.S. We have six "sponsor" accounts right now. One's @david_wedzik. One is @Al Vorster. Three are @SnellGolf related and all have "Snell" in the name. The last is a developer who helped develop the front page, and who also has zero posts here.

well, then these are not sponsors, moderators. As for your not believing me, that is irrevelant I have no reason to make it up.  I will just continue using scroll bar.

"James"

• Administrator

I don't think you tried again after my "Just now, I:" post.

Just now, iacas said:

P.P.S. I don't think you tried again after my "Just now, I:" post.

no I did not, yet. I am still in this thread. But I will now . Thanks again.

"James"

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Hacker James said:

no I did not, yet. I am still in this thread. But I will now .

Oy.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Oy.

Well, this time I was able to ignore (1) of them, (I had tried several times before), the other is a FORUM LEADER,. so I am assuming that he has the same privelege as you mentioned as being in one of the three groups.

"James"

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Well, this time I was able to ignore (1) of them, (I had tried several times before), the other is a FORUM LEADER,. so I am assuming that he has the same privelege as you mentioned as being in one of the three groups.

Nope. Forum Leaders can be ignored, too.

Okay, I am now able to ignore Both. This in and of itself is strange, as to why I could not before, and can now since I brought it to your attention.  I know for a fact, that I tried to on at least four occasions and it was not until just now, that I was able.

"James"

Note: This thread is 2588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!