IGNORED

Who Here Uses a Staff Bag?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had one. Went to a cart bag. Now I have a small stand bag. It holds everything I need except rain gear. I just carry the rain gear in a small stuff bag if I need it. I've gotten into the less is more mindset. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

Bellerive is pretty stout.  Have you played it Tiger?

Not yet. I don't have direct connections there, and I don't have the discretionary $1,500 to buy into high-end benefit scrambles that play there in summer.

I've met head pro Mike Tucker at area golf events, and got to talk to him at the 2016 PGA Merchandise show.

I'm familiar with the course - camped out there as spectator during 2004 Senior Open, and volunteered there during 2013 Senior PGA. Kohki Idoki won it by shooting 6-under in the rainy final round to edge frontrunners Kenny Perry and Jay Haas. B is a long tough course, and has several greens that are a bit shallow to hold from long range.

No. 14 at Bellerive is very interesting - usually plays about 400 yds., a dogleg left with hazard along the left side up to the green.

hole_14.jpg

The green is shallow and angles to the left. I think it's easier for amateurs who can draw the ball, and bring it right down the long axis of the green. The pros that usually hit cut shots are taking an angle into the shallow dimension of the green. It's a birdie hole - except when it's not!

Edited by WUTiger

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I use my Titleist staff bag to store old clubs in the corner of my basement.  :-)

(I bought it on the cheap specifically for that purpose...for show)

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Used one the last year which was a gift for an ex Pro who i beat in my Club Championship flight jeje. Tham it was heavy, i used it with a push cart. Months ago i bougth a carry bag and i still use it with a push cart, so much lighter. Now my staff bag it´s at home with my practice clubs, looks pretty good on my living room.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:28 AM, jamo said:

I have a staff bag, but I never use it. It sits in my apartment and holds old clubs. 

I should note that I won my staff bag. I never would have spent money on one.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I guess the overwhelming consensus is to only use the staff bag for bling and stick with the cart bag for actual use. Thanks for the responses!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• iacas changed the title to Who Here Uses a Staff Bag?
Note: This thread is 2585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!