IGNORED

Favorite Lesser-known/Under the radar Pro Golfer

tigerrag
Note: This thread is 2569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine is Andy Sullivan, one of my friends is a Sr VP for Wasserman in London whose client is Andy.  So I've been following him for a while.  I'm hoping to get to meet him at the Master's.  Bernd Wiesberger is another of his clients that is playing in the Master's, he also has Rickie, Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan and Tom Watson.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Ollie Schneiderjans...he has a strong amateur background; a good finish at the Open Championship; and three PGA top tens in his rookie year (2016-17)...I saw him on the Web.com tour last year and was really impressed....he will break through soon...:-)...

• Upvote 1

Zach Johnson for me. Love his swing, and his attitude, plus I've heard good things through the grapevine. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

9 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Zach Johnson for me. Love his swing, and his attitude, plus I've heard good things through the grapevine. 

I like Zack too, but I wouldn't call a major winner "under the radar". :-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

29 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I would.  I feel kind of harsh saying it but that win looks like a blip when you look at his performance in other majors.

I don't know if Snedeker counts as "under the radar" but I always root for him. 

majors.png

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

41 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought about that, but I still think that he would classify as lesser-known. He's a lowkey guy, and a lot of the tournaments he's won (save the two majors) have come at smaller events, like the John Deere or Valero. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I am going to the web.com tour.  Rick Cochran III.  Have practiced beside him at the local range.  Amazing watching someone on the web.com tour that looks so good but hasn't made the PGA yet. Hopefully his injuries are behind him and he can get his putter going and win an event soon.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

just my take - but guys who are (or have been) in the Top 10 OWGR are not what I would classify as "lesser known/under-the-radar" players

Players play, tough players win!

I like Jhonattan Vegas.  Always seems to keep a positive attitude and genuinely seems to be having fun out there.

I also have to admit that I pay a lot more attention to Joost Luiten as a result of my friendship with @MacDutch and his band of Dutchies.  

:-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

just my take - but guys who are (or have been) in the Top 10 OWGR are not what I would classify as "lesser known/under-the-radar" players

Yep, 2 majors, 12 wins on tour, 5 ryder cups, $40MM in winnings, puts you on most radars.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I totally agree to this. 

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Note: This thread is 2569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!