IGNORED

2017 WGC Match Play in Austin, TX

Note: This thread is 1511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, DeadMan said:

This is one of my favorite tournaments of the year. I really liked the course last year, too. I'm excited to catch as much of this as I can.

That said, they use the World Rankings for the seedings on this, right? How the hell is Alex Noren an 8 seed? I have honestly never seen a single shot of his. He hasn't won a single event that's on par with any PGA tournament, but he's an 8 seed. How is Yuta Ikeda 37? Who is he? Probably a different topic, but why do the World Rankings reward people winning second-rate tournaments so much? Every year there's some random European who wins events with fields similar to the Puerto Rico Open that gets into the top 15 or so.

It's probably a little bit short sighted to say how is Alex Noren at 8 seed and who is Yuta Ikeda,the world rankings set the field and it is a world match play event,not a USA match play, these players choose to play mostly in there chosen tour's, so if you look outside the USA PGA, look across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans you find European,Japan,Asian,tours to name a few, over the years some of the best world ranked players from all countries, play in these tours, so I say it bit short minded, really short minded to call them second rate, is the OPEN Championship second rate.:ninja:

End round two there lot of guys who play outside the states mostly, in good shape to make the last 16.

13 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Sergio with a little problem, on his way to losing to Rahm (and "missing the cut")

Metal spikes would have come in handy.

Slow motion - looks like it's the hands, not the feet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They definitely need to tweak the format in how they handle WDs in this event.  It didn't matter for Day (as he WD the first day) or Molinari, but in the case of Gary Woodland, if a player WDs before the end of pool play, they should forfeit all matches, including retroactively.  It's unfair to reward remaining opponents with automatic Ws while keeping any losses incurred from opponents who had to play before the WD.  IMO, because it's pool play, if a player does not finish pool play, then awarding everyone else a W effectively removes the player from the pool and allows the remaining players to play a three man pool.  It simply makes no sense to handle it the way it currently is and punish or reward a player simply based on when they happened to be scheduled to play an opponent.   

17 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Sergio with a little problem, on his way to losing to Rahm (and "missing the cut")

Ever hear of rain gloves Sergio?

20 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Jesus, DJ is just rolling through everyone.

No one else is even close.

People are going to be chasing him all year.  Even his putting is getting more and more solid.  This could be an epic year for him...

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

No one else is even close.

People are going to be chasing him all year.  Even his putting is getting more and more solid.  This could be an epic year for him...

Jon Rahm is having a great year too. He has gone from competing in pro events while in College to a top player. I'm looking forward to the champ match. 

Quite the plug for adidas/TM. Those two bombing it dressed from head to toe in full giddyup. Ever club rat will be put buying the m1 and that putter this afternoon and  week.

Rahm's a lil bitch.  He should be a good foil to root against for years to come, supplanting Sergio (who I now like, oddly).

Note: This thread is 1511 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!