IGNORED

I hate tailgaters

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tailgater gets brake checked, swerves out of control. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never really got why people tailgate like that. Just flash your lights if they don't realize you are there or wait and pass on the right if they aren't going to move out of the passing lane.

Edited by JxQx

5 minutes ago, JxQx said:

Never really got why people tailgate like that. Just flash your lights if they don't realize you are there or wait and pass on the right if they if they aren't going to move out of the passing lane.

Or as a last resort, exercise a little patience, give the driver ahead a little room.  I have very little sympathy for the driver who's now sitting in the median, wondering what happened

On the other hand, I see many drivers cruising along in the "fast" lane without passing anyone in the US.  When I've been in Scotland or Ireland, drivers consistently move to the "slow lane" immediately after passing   Its something we should do better, whenever it makes sense.  I know when the highways are completely full its not possible, but it makes no sense to hold up faster drivers when you can simply move over.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Just now, DaveP043 said:

Or as a last resort, exercise a little patience, give the driver ahead a little room.  I have very little sympathy for the driver who's now sitting in the median, wondering what happened

On the other hand, I see many drivers cruising along in the "fast" lane without passing anyone in the US.  When I've been in Scotland or Ireland, drivers consistently move to the "slow lane" immediately after passing   Its something we should do better, whenever it makes sense.  I know when the highways are completely full its not possible, but it makes no sense to hold up faster drivers when you can simply move over.

Yeah I agree. I always make sure to move over after overtaking a vehicle/vehicles, it's definitely one of my pet peeves. 

24 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Tailgater gets brake checked, swerves out of control. 

I thought this was going to be about pre-game or concert parking lot activities! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought this was going to be about pre-game or concert parking lot activities! :-P

Haha, same here.  I was about to say it is a Sunday morning religious practice up in Green Bay before Packer's games.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Just now, cipher said:

Haha, same here.  I was about to say it is a Sunday morning religious practice up in Green Bay before Packer's games.  

Or one of the 50+ Jimmy Buffett concerts I have attended!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The right, safest thing to do is to signal, get to the right lane and let dbag go by, but I can't say I didn't feel a certain amount of satisfaction seeing the guy swerve off.

What I really hate is when there's a car in front of you that's slow, you're at a proper distance behind him, you're on the rightmost lane, and tailgater pulls up behind. WTF I have nowhere to go man.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The right, safest thing to do is to signal, get to the right lane and let dbag go by, but I can't say I didn't feel a certain amount of satisfaction seeing the guy swerve off.

What I really hate is when there's a car in front of you that's slow, you're at a proper distance behind him, you're on the rightmost lane, and tailgater pulls up behind. WTF I have nowhere to go man.

I gotta admit, I chuckled when he lost control.  I'll still touch my brakes, enough to light the brake lights, but I've stopped actually slowing down.  First, if its some moron texting or on his phone, he may just run into me before he notices, and I lose out that way.  Second, I'd hate to cause that moron, or any of the innocent people following us, to get injured if the moron loses controls and crashes.

I do agree, the worst kind of tailgater is the one who's 10 feet off my bumper going 60 on an absolutely full highway.  Does he think I can speed up and plow the other cars out of our way?  :pound:

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'll still touch my brakes, enough to light the brake lights, but I've stopped actually slowing down.  First, if its some moron texting or on his phone, he may just run into me before he notices, and I lose out that way.  Second, I'd hate to cause that moron, or any of the innocent people following us, to get injured if the moron loses controls and crashes.

For this exact reason is why I used my windshield washer fluid on tailgaters.  If  somebody's close enough they'll get sprayed.  If I'm on a single lane road where I can't get out of the way, a healthy dose of washer fluid does a good job of saying "get off my rear".

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

That and if you can stay in a flow of traffic it helps your gas mileage anyway. I only stay in the left lane if I know that I'm going faster than those in the right and always move over if someone is coming up on me. It does get exasperating when driving along in the fast lane behind other cars and suddenly someone flies up on me and rides my bumper like it will somehow make the people in front of me speed up.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Did the guy in front touch his brakes to freak out the guy behind him or was it to avoid something?  

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

4 minutes ago, ZappyAd said:

Did the guy in front touch his brakes to freak out the guy behind him or was it to avoid something?  

It doesn't appear that he was avoiding anything, but we can't know for sure.  I believe I see his front end dip, so he must have hit his brakes hard enough to slow down significantly.  

Dave

I actually did that to someone once and they almost lost control of their car. I passed the guy and get back right so he decides to speed up and tail gate me for a couple miles. I still don't know why the guy did it. His girl friend/wife who was riding with him was really pissed when he almost drove them off I-75.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Lol me too.

The tailgaters at Jets games makes one consider if the president should just bomb Long Island into glass. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

dangerous to slambrake someone that close (and we have a long icy season, so it's particularly appliable)

- but I still chuckled to see him go into the median - that said, the first driver, in combo with the tailgater created a situation that put about 4 OTHER cars in danger ---> both should be arrested IMO

If I'm being tailgated, I just slow down until they get the message.  I get over, normally if I see someone coming up.  In this case, the first driver couldn't get over as there was someone entering the right lane from the ramp.  This tailgater was just being an ass.

courtesy gets courtesy - the reverse also applies

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

What I hate are the ones I like to call "followers."  No matter how fast or slow you are going, they tailgate you and act like you are in their way.  But when you move to the other lane, they do not pass you or speed up...sometimes even moving over behind you as well. I like to think they are scared to lead the fast pack because of tickets or what not. so I call them followers.

On the flip side of that, I hate it when a car is in the fast lane and holding up the cars behind them. Or every car behind them has to move to the slow lane to go around. I mean, if you see all of these cars passing you from the slow lane, it may be time to move over yourself. It never fails that this happens on my way home from work every day. But i do not tailgate. I cannot stand tailgating. It puts everyone at risk. From my observations of daily driving in my area of the country, slow drivers cause many more traffic disruptions (and almost wrecks) than the faster drivers.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I would never put my brakes on that hard. As someone above said, it endangers others around them. However, yes, I got a lot of satisfaction watching the tailgating clown go into the median (and not hurting anybody).

I also will just slow down until this guy gets the point. I'm particularly mindful of others' speeds on the road and always move over if someone comes up behind me. But if they'er just being an ass about it... well tuff. I just slow down even more.

I gotta get me an in-dash cam. I have one picked out but can't seem to pull the trigger. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Note: This thread is 2494 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!