Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

TopGolf - when you mix golf and alcohol

Note: This thread is 1097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 posts / 2044 viewsLast Reply

Just now, David in FL said:

I'd pay $100 to see him actually try the shot!

Hell, I'd drive the stupid "human tee" sucker to the emergency room, just to be able to laugh for a while longer.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think much of the place. Crappy beer selection. Food is not that good and overpriced. That being said....the place is always packed busy.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

It's a wonder we've survived as a species.

Well you have to consider that sometimes activities such as this lead to someone winning a posthumous Darwin award, so it can actually help weed out the gene pool.

To be honest this is kind of what I was expecting from this thread when I opened it, but I has hoping it would be someone Happy Gilmoring from the third deck and falling off the platform - that would be wrong, but funny

I heard he pulled a Lucy and swallowed the ball right before the other guy was about to make contact which caused him to lose balance and he fell off the platform to the ground.

4 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I don't think much of the place. Crappy beer selection. Food is not that good and overpriced. That being said....the place is always packed busy.

I've had the opposite experience with the location in Tampa. Great beer selection including local brewery's brews and great food. The chicken wings even stood out to me as some of the better "bar wings" I've had. The place is uber packed though and it takes a bit to get a spot.

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It's a wonder we've survived as a species.

We're way too smart(??) for our own good. 

6 hours ago, JediFish said:

I've had the opposite experience with the location in Tampa. Great beer selection including local brewery's brews and great food. The chicken wings even stood out to me as some of the better "bar wings" I've had. The place is uber packed though and it takes a bit to get a spot.

Yeah, ours here in the Sacramento area has excellent food and killer beer. But, California has become the land-o-great-beer. Drank my share of Stone IPA last time I was out there. Ice cold...served by a young lady who coulda been Miss March. 

What I don't like about the place is the clubs. They feel like noodles to me.

What you want to do here is move the ball back in your stance, choke down about 1/2" and get your hands well ahead of the ball.  Don't get flippy at the bottom...this is common, and you'll hit it fat or skull it (brilliant).  I like to do a 3/4 backswing and hit down on it, making sure to catch the ball first.  There will be plenty of blood, but don't worry if you don't find any knocked-out teeth...he probably didn't have any to start with...

In all seriousness, I've been to the Austin location and thought it was the most unique concept in the golf business in a long time.  It was packed on a week night, everyone was having fun, and it was clean and well-run.  I didn't eat, so I can't comment on the food. It was a demo night sponsored by Golf Digest, so I went to check it out.  The new location in Ft. Worth where I live will be opening soon.

I haven't been to one yet but there is one opening (or already open) just outside Portland close to where I go for work.  I wouldn't go there expecting anything other than loud-ish music, some inebriated customers and some games to make it fun.

I've been to Vegas many times but never had the chance to go to that one either.

As for the original post/topic, I'm not surprised.  Nor are many here.  Darwin isn't quite strong enough with these types of folks.

I'm curious if this shot actually happened or if they were just trying to take a goofy picture.

11 minutes ago, JxQx said:

I'm curious if this shot actually happened or if they were just trying to take a goofy picture.

that's my bet

We have a "Top Golf" in the Kansas City area............   Everyone in my office knows I play and they always ask me about it.   They are semi-in shock by my response.  No....I don't do that sh$t.......I like to play golf.  (no relation to top-golf)  I tee it up on a real course...............avoid the side shows..

Note: This thread is 1097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!