Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Nine Most Eagerly Awaited Courses to Open in 2017

Note: This thread is 866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 posts / 1196 viewsLast Reply

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikmatuszewski/2017/02/20/the-nine-most-eagerly-awaited-new-golf-courses-of-2017/#42e5b0345179

1. Stoatin Brae (Michigan)
  2. Shepherd's Rock (Pennsylvania)
  3. The Summit Club (Las Vegas)
  4. Bayou Oaks Golf Course (Louisiana)
  5. Big Cedar Lodge - Gary Player Short Course (Missouri)
  6. Silvies Valley Ranch - (Oregon)
  7. Sand Valley - (Wisconsin)
  8. Streamsong - Black Course (Florida)
  9. Dazante Bay (Mexico) (Honorable Mention)

Leaving aside the fact that the list had only EIGHT courses on it… it's a good list. :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Shepherd's Rock (Pennsylvania)

Ooo...cool.  I've been wanting to check out Nemacolin anyway (it's only an hour from me)...maybe now I'll turn it into a "real" trip and play both courses.

http://www.nemacolin.com/golf/shepherds-rock

Newport Cup 2021 venue?  ;-)

I'd really love to take a trip to play the streamsong courses someday. And big cedar is just a few hours so I need to make that happen soon. 

21 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Ooo...cool.  I've been wanting to check out Nemacolin anyway (it's only an hour from me)...maybe now I'll turn it into a "real" trip and play both courses.

http://www.nemacolin.com/golf/shepherds-rock

Newport Cup 2021 venue?  ;-)

Mystic Rock is a great course at Nemacolin.  

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Sure. ;-)

Other than the price, that would be cool.  

Here's the link to Sand Valley. http://www.sandvalleygolfresort.com/.  I'm hoping to get up there this year. They had 11 holes or something like that open last fall and I heard it was awesome. If things go as they plan I have a feeling the prices will increase every year for a while. They are trying to make it a destination similar to Kohler WI  (which is where Whistling Straits is located).

Perhaps they were trying to be clever and counted Stoatin Brae twice. Counted the forward and reverse directions as "2".

Stoatin Brae is about 2 hours from me. I hope to play it this summer. I've played all the other courses owned by the resort that built the course.

Silvies valley Ranch OR?????  Soooo....Your gonna fly into Redmond OR, which is a smaller regional airport.  Now sitting in a amazing golfing area with tons of great courses your going to drive 2.5 hrs through no mans land, to arrive at no mans land.  To place a golf course in the high desert that may or may not have water year to year.  I cannot figure out for the life of me where they think that they are gonna get people to go there to golf.

Note: This thread is 866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!