IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge April 2017

Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4/05 - kettle bell swings with focus on forward weight shift WHILE maintaining a centered hip turn. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4/05. Part II - worked on lag putts x 1.5 hrs since I suck at 'em

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

4/05 - kettle bell swings with focus on forward weight shift WHILE maintaining a centered hip turn. 

do you find the kettle bell swings help quite a bit with what you are working on in your swing?  I've worked out with kettle bells and it's a great full body workout but I've never thought of using them in a specific way to train my golf swing. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

4/5/17:

Hit some 5-irons focusing on rhythm and timing this morning.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

1 hour ago, Wanzo said:

do you find the kettle bell swings help quite a bit with what you are working on in your swing?  I've worked out with kettle bells and it's a great full body workout but I've never thought of using them in a specific way to train my golf swing. 

Got the idea from LSW; I'm sure I do them differently than Erik intended, but doing them my way clearly reinforces the process of forward weight shift.  I used to do them much more regularly, but since my priority piece is now a centered turn, I do more wall drills and slower turns than anything else. 

-Jonny

8 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Got the idea from LSW; I'm sure I do them differently than Erik intended, but doing them my way clearly reinforces the process of forward weight shift.  I used to do them much more regularly, but since my priority piece is now a centered turn, I do more wall drills and slower turns than anything else. 

gotcha, I remember a medicine ball drill, maybe same effect.  Keep up the daily practice!

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Posting for today and yesterday as no internet yesterday (my one-off!)

My two weeks of good golf finished with two more really good rounds. Played to 7 over twice around two tough tracks. Driving was mixed, but great when 'on' and I made some absurdly good scrambles - the highlight an up-and-down from a bunker at 160 yards... The one obvious point for work is my bunker play, which has been abysmal. I know the new Edel wedges will make this easier, but my technique is pitiful...

4/4/17 - https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1474165

5/4/17 - https://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1474166

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5th April:- Further full swing practice, outdoors, 6 iron, no ball. Still working on the backswing, specifically from takeaway to A2 (the right arm feel I posted about yesterday), but also starting to add in the next "segment" up to A4. Feeling a lot more connected through out the movement.

Chris.:roll:

30 min

sklz, 7 iron and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

3/3 alt 7 iron and driver sets

the takeaway was amazingly good tonight. So good that I took an extra 10 min of sets with Sklz, 7 iron and driver trying to see if my form would falter as I got more tired. It didn't which means a) I am getting stronger, b) I am not practicing long enough every night or c) both!

4/5: More rain this evening. Didn't want to putt at home since it's a lot faster than the course. Just spent about 20 minutes going over strategy for Friday.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

4/5:  5 mins. wall drills; choked down half on Momentus and super-slo-mo swings w/focus on turn without sway, then initiating downswing w/hip turn, then extended shaft line on downswing tracing plane into ball, and forward lean at impact w/proper hip drive (again, no sway) into release.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

4/6/17:

A five or six pitching wedges followed by five or six 7-irons followed by four or so four irons. Working on slowing down my backswing a bit.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4/6 - Mirror work with easy swings. Working on turning from A4 to A7 with more open hips at A7.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6/4/17 - lots of slow practice swings in the back garden, really feeling that slightly steeper takeaway and a little pause in transition to bump the hips forward. Felt pretty good and looking forward to taking it to the range tomorrow.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

6th April:- Spent 15 mins on the full swing following from a video session. Am still allowing the clubhead to come inside up to A2, but not as much. Need to really exaggerate the feeling of it staying outside the hands, a-la Rickie Fowler. Will work on this tomorrow.

Edited by chris3putt

Chris.:roll:

20 min !!!

sklz, 7 iron and driver

stop at top, pump, step Thur and full swings

3/3 alt 7 iron and driver

ok, so the takeaway was great again tonight and so I wanted to do extra sets of all the swings after my normal routine. I did. And when I called it quits and walked back into the house, only 20 min had elapsed!!! I don't know where extra 10 min went and I did not see Rod Serling smoking a cigarette and talking about the twillight zone.

only tomorrow will tell.

no golf this weekend, ugh 

travel next week so it will be hard to keep my routine alive

4/6 - wall drills & lag putts down office hallway 

-Jonny

4/6: 30 minutes on the practice green at the course today, practicing 5- and 10-foot putts from all around the hole, then another 30 minutes or so of pitching from various lies.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Note: This thread is 2523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!