IGNORED

The road to Erin Hills

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wouldn't even blink at 6+ hour rounds on this course...gonna be a bloodbath

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

The fairways are very big, the long stuff really should not be that much of an issue.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

24 minutes ago, cipher said:

The fairways are very big, the long stuff really should not be that much of an issue.

Will certainly take your word for it....doesn't look that way when viewing on the internet, but that can be deceiving.....good to hear quite frankly

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

4 hours ago, BallStriker said:

Will certainly take your word for it....doesn't look that way when viewing on the internet, but that can be deceiving.....good to hear quite frankly

I guess they could have tightened up the fairways since I was there though.  But the fairways also angle away from the tees on a lot of holes as well making the landing areas a bit wider if you hit your distances.  There are a number of blind shots on the course though as well.  I would imagine we'll hear some complaints about this from the babies. ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Airline loses bag, qualifier WDs. Explains why he didn't use rentals in the timeline.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Two of the players with local ties to Mid-Michigan qualified yesterday, both at the Springfield sectional -
Brian Stuard, Jackson native, Oakland University - finished 2nd at -9
Ryan Brehm, Traverse City, MSU - finished 4th at -7
(Brehm had a 30 on his final 9, closing with birdie, par, birdie, birdie) for the final spot)

Players play, tough players win!

Madison home-boy Steve Stricker shoots 67/65 to win the Memphis sectional.  On his way to Erin Hills!

:dance:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Madison home-boy Steve Stricker shoots 67/65 to win the Memphis sectional.  On his way to Erin Hills!

:dance:

That is great!  I was hoping he would do so as well.

Nate

(edited)

A guy in my PGA chapter qualified, Derek Barron.  He won the Tacoma, WA sectional at -7.  He works at a course near where the sectional was held, so he had some home field advantage.  I'm looking forward to see how well he does at Erin Hills.  He usually finishes well in our local events.

Edited by phillyk

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

17 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Airline loses bag, qualifier WDs. Explains why he didn't use rentals in the timeline.

It's his fault for putting his tee time so close to his inbound flight. He gambled and lost. I bet he wishes he flew in the day before.

On 5/31/2017 at 6:18 PM, cipher said:

There are a number of blind shots on the course though as well.  I would imagine we'll hear some complaints about this from the babies. ;-)

I'm sure Billy H will be chirping about it. Although he should have bigger fish to fry at home than complaining like he always does.

Trollin' is the life

21 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

It's his fault for putting his tee time so close to his inbound flight. He gambled and lost. I bet he wishes he flew in the day before.

I have to agree.  In addition to losing your bag, there are way too many things that can cause flight delays.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!