IGNORED

Just ordered Ping i200's!

Note:Β This thread is 2221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

9 hours ago, mvmac said:

Yeah they turned out great. Best of both worlds IMO, look great, cool satin finish,Β very playable and fairly long.

Spot on...looks, playability and feel. Β Great clubs. Β What shaft did u get? Β I didn't remember seeing.

Β 

I have the modus 105 and love it

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Spot on...looks, playability and feel. Β Great clubs. Β What shaft did u get? Β I didn't remember seeing.

The PING CFS shaft, stiff.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

I got PX 5.5. Pretty fortunate as that's Β what felt the best and actually hadΒ the best numbers on Tracman as well.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

The PING CFS shaft, stiff.

Cool, that was one was the second choice from the fitting. Β In fact, when I've been away and had Ping rentals I've used the cfs and the AWT 2.0. Β Never had a complaint, played well with them.

I've got a couple rounds under my belt now with the i200s and so far I really like them a lot. Β Coming from a forged set previously the feel is a little different. Β Not bad, per se, just different. Β That aside, the looks and performance are outstanding. Β I love the white line on the bottom groove and have always been a huge fan of the Ping alignment aids on the grips. Β Ping clearly gets it when it comes to making the game easier.

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 WoodΒ | 14.5 degreesΒ | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degreesΒ | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist VokeyΒ SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

Well guys, I love 'em. My favorite all time Pings were the s55. I believe these are surpassing those. I can only imagine how good these must feel to the likes of Mike and other solid golfers. The forgiveness is outstanding and pure strikes are just a dream. I really love the feel of these clubs. The short irons are solid and crisp. The longer irons certainly have a buttery feel to me. My trajectory has improved in that it's more penetrating which I needed. They respond very well to fades and draws. I hit each club out of the rough at my facility and each club handled it wonderfully.

For anyone in the market for new clubs...please give these a try. I can't imagine you not being impressed. They look great from above and classy in the bag. I have a tournament tomorrow and can't wait to game these gems. I also scored the Ping G driver and 3W which are performing fantastic as well.

Cheers!

IMG_1113.JPG

• Upvote 3

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Good stuff @Vinsk, best of luck tomorrow!

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately it was a shank fest for me. It was a four ball scramble so at least that helped. Our team shot -14...no thanks to me.Β 

The hosels are solid on these clubs. They really give off a buttery clunk when struck good and violent. Good trajectory on the shanks for sure. They generate an alarming curvature that reallyΒ accentuates a well struck shank.Β 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just destined to not play this game. So much work for no progress. Β I was so excited for this tournament and I utterly humiliated myself.Β 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately it was a shank fest for me. It was a four ball scramble so at least that helped. Our team shot -14...no thanks to me.Β 

The hosels are solid on these clubs. They really give off a buttery clunk when struck good and violent. Good trajectory on the shanks for sure. They generate an alarming curvature that reallyΒ accentuates a well struck shank.Β 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just destined to not play this game. So much work for no progress. Β I was so excited for this tournament and I utterly humiliated myself.Β 

Don't get to down on yourself bud. I've had plenty of days like that. The irons are beautiful by the way.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Sorry to hear that, we all have bad days, it sucks. Hope things start to turn around.

Mike McLoughlin

I have no doubt you'll have much better results in no time, @Vinsk. I struggled a little at first with mine, but settled into them pretty quickly. I even won a small net tourney after playing with the i200s for six weeks when the weather permitted.Β 

As others have noted, the distance control is outstanding, which was a big reason for me making a change in the first place. I find the short irons a little shorter than my previous set, but the long irons are about the same. That's great because it lets me cover a wider range of yardage with stock swings. Plus,Β they are simply a great looking set of sticks.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

• 10 months later...

the guys that bought the i200s last year, did you see your handi go up / down / stay the same.

from the previous year, did u play more / less / same.

did you practice more / less / same from previous year?

4 hours ago, Bluefin646 said:

the guys that bought the i200s last year, did you see your handi go up / down / stay the same.

The truth is it is the Indian not the arrow. If he got better or worse even, it would be on him not the clubs.

Trollin' is the life

2 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

The truth is it is the Indian not the arrow. If he got better or worse even, it would be on him not the clubs.

Probably true. However, I regularly switch between Callaway Apex CF irons/Srixon 595/795 combo irons/Ping i200. I definitely am able to control my flight both trajectory and direction better with the i200’s.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

love those captain obvious commercials.....yes, can not buy a golf game with clubs, balls, shoes...

curious of the people who bought, what happened to their handicap......

Β 

need an arrow that flies straight with a sharp tip to kill that deer.......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bluefin646 said:

Down/more/little more.Β 

While I really like the irons I'm not going to say it's the reason my handicap went down.

I like the look at address, loft/yardage gapping, durability, ability to get the swing weight I want, generous amount of bounceΒ and forgiveness on mis hits.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin

7 hours ago, mvmac said:

Down/more/little more.Β 

While I really like the irons I'm not going to say it's the reason my handicap went down.

We all know it's the equipment :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Note:Β This thread is 2221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!