IGNORED

Just ordered Ping i200's!

Note: This thread is 2214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After spending significant time on TrackMan I have just ordered a beautiful set of Ping i200's 4-UW.

Complete fitting done, man I love that TrackMan. Also getting Ping G driver with Tour65 shaft. Damn I'm excited!

• Upvote 3

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

After spending significant time on TrackMan I have just ordered a beautiful set of Ping i200's 4-UW.

Complete fitting done, man I love that TrackMan. Also getting Ping G driver with Tour65 shaft. Damn I'm excited!

Awesome those irons look awesome. It would be cool if you gave us a review and some pics once you receive them.

I will! My instructor gave me a 7i of both i200 and Ping G along with the wrench to change them out. I spent several sessions hitting both and seeing what I came up with on the monitor as well as how each felt and which one gave me more ya know...the 'it' feel. I tend to hit irons quite high and I really liked both the i200 and the G. However I was able to work the i200 better and the trajectory was better as well. As expected the G iron was better on mis-hits. I liked the feel on solid shots better with the i200. I'll give a more thorough review of the whole set and send pics as well. I also got the Ping G 3W and Glide wedges. Can't wait!

• Upvote 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 4/13/2017 at 6:31 PM, Vinsk said:

Very Nice!!!  I looked at these quite a bit when I just got my new set.    These didn't happen to be the ones that were just right for me, but a very, very nice set of clubs, indeed!!!

congrats and enjoy!

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

On 4/13/2017 at 7:31 PM, Vinsk said:

Congrats on the buy!  Hit those for awhile in a "head-to-head" with the Apex CF16's last month, and they are definitely sweet.  Wound up going with the CF16's as the numbers were a just little better for me on swings where I didn't flush it...but man it was a virtual toss up.  Might have to skip your coming review to avoid buyer's remorse :~(.  Enjoy!

Edited by Let it Fly

- Bill

4 hours ago, Let it Fly said:

Congrats on the buy!  Hit those for awhile in a "head-to-head" with the Apex CF16's last month, and they are definitely sweet.  Wound up going with the CF16's as the numbers were a just little better for me on swings where I didn't flush it...but man it was a virtual toss up.  Might have to skip your coming review to avoid buyer's remorse :~(.  Enjoy!

Lol! Yeah ...probably a good idea as I have the Apex CF 16....great clubs....but...yeah...the i200's....

13 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Dang ... your clubs are 10 times better than mine now!!!:-P

I was thinking the same thing, assuming you have the i20's as well :hmm:.  I didn't think I would want new irons until I seen the i200's, but won't go swing them because I don't want to be tempted and I really like the i20's.

• Upvote 1

Gus
---------------

23 minutes ago, JGus said:

I was thinking the same thing, assuming you have the i20's as well :hmm:.  I didn't think I would want new irons until I seen the i200's, but won't go swing them because I don't want to be tempted and I really like the i20's.

Yes, and I'm still quite happy with mine and have no real excuse to go looking for new ones yet.  (Doesn't mean I'm not always searching for an excuse though):beer:

13 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Dang ... your clubs are 10 times better than mine now!!!:-P

Ha ha..:-D. I remember TM drivers getting two clubs longer each time for a while,  R7..R9..R11...

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Nice work!!  I just got my i200s last week and have played one round and a couple range sessions.  Still getting used to them but so far I'm pretty impressed with how they perform all around.  Coming from a forged set of irons the feel is a little different...I'd say it's marginal...so that's the only thing I've really noticed right away.  Distance is spot on, though and they fly straight so no complaints there.

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 Wood | 14.5 degrees | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degrees | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

Some weeks ago I went to a tournament and was lucky to be standing right next to Lee Westwood when he hit a shot from the trees. I looked into his bag and what did I see? Ping clubs of course, but not the new iBlades. He had i200's!!!!

Yeah looks certainly played a roll. But honestly the G's look pretty good looking down. I don't care for the backs much, the design is silly to me. And although the forgiveness is better with the G's , my main miss is an earth shattering shank which no iron will grant forgiveness on. I'm so damn excited to play them!

Role*

Wow. Beautiful Mike! With that pic I'm even more giddy waiting for mine. I think Ping did a hell of a good job on these. 

16 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Wow. Beautiful Mike! With that pic I'm even more giddy waiting for mine. I think Ping did a hell of a good job on these. 

Yeah they turned out great. Best of both worlds IMO, look great, cool satin finish, very playable and fairly long.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!