IGNORED

Ian Poulter Watch

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Poulter Watch  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ian Poulter earn enough $$$ to keep his card?

Good grief!  Really?!

It's crap like this that makes the Tour look incompetent, not rule controversies...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is all very bizarre.

What's also bizarre is that I've been reading this thread the whole time it's been alive and yet I keep assuming it's about a new line of watches that Ian Poulter is releasing. 

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

12 hours ago, jamo said:

This is all very bizarre.

What's also bizarre is that I've been reading this thread the whole time it's been alive and yet I keep assuming it's about a new line of watches that Ian Poulter is releasing. 

lol, me too!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

12 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

And this too:

My personal favourite has always been:

• Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

So that T-2 will help Poulter.  But the funny side show is that Brandel blocked him on twitter.  A spat that couldn't happen between to two nicer guys.  :-D

At first I didn't care at all and don't want to defend IP, but I just saw on golf.com that Chamblee said that Poulter "didn't play to win" the tournament after his shot on 17.  Chamblee's entitled to his opinion (I'm sure he's never missed from the booth) but to also block Poulter on Twitter seems like Chamblee doesn't have the wherewithal to stand by and defend his opinion.

:offtopic:I keep getting ads for Tathata Golf on youtube and I think "yeah, that looks like it might help with my flexibility"... and then they show Chamblee endorsing it and I think, "nah..."

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

19 minutes ago, krupa said:

At first I didn't care at all and don't want to defend IP, but I just saw on golf.com that Chamblee said that Poulter "didn't play to win" the tournament after his shot on 17.  Chamblee's entitled to his opinion (I'm sure he's never missed from the booth) but to also block Poulter on Twitter seems like Chamblee doesn't have the wherewithal to stand by and defend his opinion.

I'll say this...I'm not the biggest Poulter fan but I'll give him credit.  He got a second chance and is taking advantage of it.  T-2 is pretty stellar given the field and some of the numbers that were shot out there this week.  You can't take that away from him.

Chamblee?  Well, not sure I want to go there.

• Upvote 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

26 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

T-2 is pretty stellar given the field and some of the numbers that were shot out there this week.  You can't take that away from him.

No one needs to take it away from him, he does that himself with his shitty attitude/behavior.  

2 hours ago, krupa said:

:offtopic:I keep getting ads for Tathata Golf on youtube and I think "yeah, that looks like it might help with my flexibility"... and then they show Chamblee endorsing it and I think, "nah..."

i must agree with you here. Chamblee started with an insult to Poulter then blocks the guy for responding? And since Poulter has 234 M followers what's the point?

It makes no sense really. At least from a social media point of view. 

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

26 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

It makes no sense really. At least from a social media point of view. 

From a "mature adult" perspective, you're right.  From a "who's the mature adult in this situation?" perspective, it makes total sense.  Chamblee is well known for criticizing golfers and instructors but not being able to handle the response.  It wasn't too long ago where he was bragging about how many people he was blocking on Twitter.

Just now, krupa said:

From a "mature adult" perspective, you're right.  From a "who's the mature adult in this situation?" perspective, it makes total sense.  Chamblee is well known for criticizing golfers and instructors but not being able to handle the response.  It wasn't too long ago where he was bragging about how many people he was blocking on Twitter.

Read more  

So were' going off a topic a bit  but this is an interesting side topic. Where is the Chamblee thread ? LOL

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

5 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

So were' going off a topic a bit  but this is an interesting side topic. Where is the Chamblee thread ? LOL

Two Brandel threads:

40 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Poulter has 234 M followers what's the point?

Never knew the world contained 234 million middle-aged men in Arsenal shirts drinking Stella.

Edited by ScouseJohnny
  • Upvote 3

I will preface this by saying I was not able to watch very much the final round at all, due to Mothers Day priorities.

But if Brandel is going to tell us how he thinks Poulter was playing, the I'm expecting to hear how he thinks JB Holmes was playing. Because while a T2 is not winning, there is also something to be said for not throwing away money. And we are talking large amounts of money; 2 more strokes if they were thrown away would have cost about $600,000 in prize money and IJP was also able to parlay that T2 into a climb from 197 to 80 in OWGR and 136 to 58 in FedEx points.
I agree with IJP comments about comments from the studio, then again Brandel did win the 1998 Greater Vancouver Open (no slight meant to Vancouver) vs. Poulter with 2 WGC wins and 10 other EuroTour wins. So Chamblee definitely has a better grasp on this.
I would block Brandel from my twitter account, but I'm not sure how he would know about it.

And to correct gregsandiego typo - it is 2.34 million followers

Players play, tough players win!

5 hours ago, krupa said:

According to another article I looked at at lunch (lost the link now) Chamblee said that Poulter was blocked long before this weekend.

I think my point still stands; if you're going to criticize players from a broadcast booth, you need thick skin and the willingness to hear their response.

Note: This thread is 2526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!