IGNORED

My Swing (Killa)

Killa

• Administrator

You’re missing my point.

You steepen significantly from that position. You almost have to.

If you attempt to get shallow too early, you’re going to steepen. If you’re steepening as you are in the downswing A6 might look okay but it’s functionally poor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Practiced 3 hours on Tuesday indoors, also had access to Trackman and testing a g425 lst with an xstiff shaft. Managed to hit 117.5 clubhead speed. 

Today I probably played one of the last rounds this season, played a longish course and shot 88. My putting was horrible and I had 1 water hazard penalty and one ball OB, plan for next season is to break 80, as this year I finally broke 90 for the first time and did it regularly. 

I will be working on my full swing and putting over the winter and then I will be drilling my short game and yardages as soon as spring season starts. 

• 5 months later...

So spring has come. I did like I said I would and worked a lot on my swing and my putting. The lag putting has been great the last few rounds but I still need to drill the 5-12’ more. I did a lot of practicing on a 12” mat but without a proper hole it’s just that more difficult but I’ll work on that outside in the coming month. 

I have only done 1 outside pitching session maping out my grid and it already showed some effects on the course. Will now have to focus on chipping and pitching for the next month or two if I want a real shot at breaking 80 this year. I have ordered a mevo from ebay but I’m still waiting on it. The main use of it will be exactly this - pitching from 100 meters in. 

I did however still work a lot on my swing outside and finally I figured out the proper tempo. And it was somewhere around what I thought my slowest possible tempo is, and then half of that 😁I do not yet know where to add speed with such a tempo though but since I have no trouble hitting it far that’s a problem I’ll solve over the next winter.

Finally had a fitting for a driver today. I’m going with the Ping G425 max with the Ping tour x-stiff shaft and a ping gold grip (one size larger than regular). 

These were all my on course swings, didn’t jump out of my shoes (max speed I got in the winter was 118.5mph), but with the new tempo. The fitter did keep me changing a lot so that’s why I was spraying it a bit but in the end the neutral setting looked best. Will play around with it myself once I get the driver. The good thing is that our club is the Ping dealer so I can easily try other shafts if I want. But with this setup I was consistently carrying the ball over 270 and I hope I can carry this over to the course where my old driver was much less consistent in the length category, or better said it punished me much more in distance on mishits.

51F216B5-E127-4EF7-9147-CC9855C94422.jpeg

• 2 months later...

The new driver is in the bag and I have not been recording my swing for the past few months. The game is definitely good enough to smash 80 but I just need a couple of things to fall into place. Working on the tempo and smoothness of my full swing (think Couples) with the principles of dr. Kwon I have now moved to a draw being my primary shot shape. If I shallow out too much I get too much of a hook so I’m not actively shallowing anymore. The main problem is that I still have a two way miss, but the miss to the right is a straight push so I can account for that. Been working on my short game a bit, greenside shots, longer putts. I was on summer vacation for 2 weeks so no golfing was done, but now the plan is to get my wedges dialed in with my Mevo. That’s the only reason I bought it, now I just need to put the work in. 

The new driver is working, have broken some distance records on the course, all in all it was a good purchase. Went out yesterday by myself, it was way too hot to play but I decided to do the back 9 after I shot 42 on the front. Shot 41 on the back 9 and the golf that I was playing was really far from good. Only got 1 birdie and I had 3 or 4 that barely missed. Also my only 3 putt (was a 4 putt) came on a sloping green where I rushed the putts as the players behind were waiting. 

The worst thing about the round was that this course has 6 par 5s and 4 of them are really reachable(and 2 are really tough both curving two ways, being true 3 shot par 5s most of the time), and my scores were double, birdie, triple, triple, bogey and par. So instead of shooting under par or at least even I managed to go +8 on the par 5s which is disgusting and that’s no way to break 80. 

Driving the ball 300-320yards does do a lot to lowering the scores.