IGNORED

35YO Golfer's Plan: Buy a Trackman, Dedicate 7 Hours Daily, Get Good

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
On 8/22/2017 at 2:34 PM, RangeGolfer said:

@iacas I took the sentences out talking about your book using ESC stats. 

IMO ESC does not purely talk about PGA stats. Yes he does have more data available from the PGA, but also mentions amateur golfer stats a lot throughout the book. Whenever he has them available. Referring to them as 80s, 90s, 100s golfer and so on.

I didn't say he only talks about PGA Tour players. I said it was largely about them. I think that's accurate.

Good luck on your plans going forward.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@RangeGolfer when you started this marathon what was your handicap and where are you now?

Maybe you have goals on the way to your marathon finish that are reached allready?

Best of luck on your way, I am interested in more frequent updates.

8 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

@RangeGolfer when you started this marathon what was your handicap and where are you now?

Maybe you have goals on the way to your marathon finish that are reached allready?

Best of luck on your way, I am interested in more frequent updates.

@MacDutch I did not keep up with my hcp. I think my last posted round was in May. When I first started I was very hcp and 18 hole score driven. For some reason, I lost that pretty quickly.

I think I realized I was chasing the wrong tale for where I am or maybe I felt like I had to prove something and realized I don't. To be honest, the only thing right now I am constantly thinking about is keeping my head still or do not lean my whole body from right to left throughout the swing. Things I have identified that are really causing issues in my long game. 

I will try to keep up with the hcp system again so it is accurate. But first I had to make sure I am back in a house and settled, which I finally am. I played a round two weeks ago and shot a 79, but it wasn't the most difficult course you have ever seen. So not putting much meaning behind that. 

I will think about some smaller goals and how I can include them into updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

This has been great reading and I applaud your endeavor.  I am a beginner and as a gear head and a data fiend this would be the route I was envisioning taking once I had a few months of lessons under me and broke 90.  While my practice time would have been shorter, I enjoy using data for identifying weaknesses and using it as a method for improvement.  Maybe not the optimal way to go, but we all learn differently and some of us enjoy the data collection and analyzing process.

• 9 months later...

Thanks, @MacDutch for resurrecting this thread.  I am always slightly envious of the people who seem to be able to set aside family, work and life to devote themselves to golf improvement.  Very few, if any, of these "plans" ever seem to stay on the rails. 

10 scores posted to GHIN in May, 2017. 1 score posted in June 2017.  1 score posted in October, 2017.  Zip since then.  Admittedly, he may still be playing and just not posting to GHIN.

He last signed into TST in September, 2017.  My guess is we may not get an update.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 2120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!