IGNORED

My Swing (PingLuvR)

PingLuvR
Note: This thread is 1531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, SunkTheBirdie said:

no sway is a game changer. 

As you get better you won't need to focus on keeping your head still. Essentially what you want is the movements of your legs and torso coordinate such that the head doesn't move.  Of course the head doesn't really move ... it gets pulled around by the body. 

Keep exaggerating (more left knee right leg action) the legs in the backswing until your brain forgets about swaying. Use the legs and the pivot to power things vs sway power. 

Good advise.  Thanks.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

I'm interested in your plans going forward.  You started this thread with some videos from your lessons, and for a while defended the advice you were getting.  Gradually, you've seemed to absorb some of the suggestions and videos here, and have accepted that stoppping your sway is a positive change.  (BTW, I'm guessing you'll need to keep practicing that change for a while before it becomes "automatic", don't move on to the next bit of "new shiny advice" too quickly).  So are you going to go back to your previous instructors, back to trying to "post up"?  Will you continue to post video here?  What do you picture your next step to be?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely going to keep going back.  I bought 10 for $300.00 and have 5 left.  I like what hes doing.  Has improved my take a way and swing plane a lot.  It was terrible before.  Could barely hit a ball.  Was way over the top and a really flat take a way.  I will for sure post more videos.  I'm obsessed over get it right and I love the input from you guys.  Very knowledge.  Yesterday was the best I have ever played in my life.  Ive been struggling with golf all my life and in February was I decided to do something about it.  Really happy so far.  It was getting better,  but the non swaying took it to another level.  Out of 15 drives,  13 were 260 down the middle.  Irons from 100-175 were really good too.  I'm just terrible at 80 yards and in with my irons.  Putting is decent.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, PingLuvR said:

Definitely going to keep going back.  I bought 10 for $300.00 and have 5 left.  I like what hes doing.  Has improved my take a way and swing plane a lot.  It was terrible before.  Could barely hit a ball.  Was way over the top and a really flat take a way.  I will for sure post more videos.  I'm obsessed over get it right and I love the input from you guys.  Very knowledge.  Yesterday was the best I have ever played in my life.  Ive been struggling with golf all my life and in February was I decided to do something about it.  Really happy so far.  It was getting better,  but the non swaying took it to another level.  Out of 15 drives,  13 were 260 down the middle.  Irons from 100-175 were really good too.  I'm just terrible at 80 yards and in with my irons.  Putting is decent.  

When you're done with those lessons, http://evolvr.com/ is pretty damn cost effective. Yes, it's mine, but I make about a buck a month from people on there, so it's not about that - we've kept the cost low so that people can get better at golf and so we can pay our instructors a fair wage for the quality work they provide.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

When you're done with those lessons, http://evolvr.com/ is pretty damn cost effective. Yes, it's mine, but I make about a buck a month from people on there, so it's not about that - we've kept the cost low so that people can get better at golf and so we can pay our instructors a fair wage for the quality work they provide.

Wish I would have known about that before.  But I'll definitely look into it.  Thanks again.  I just hope yesterday wasn't a fluke haha.  Playing again on Sunday.  3 main thoughts yesterday were:

1) head still 

2) release hips 

3) post up left leg 

Tried to keep all other thoughts out of my head. 

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 6:56 PM, billchao said:

@PingLuvR try doing that wall drill next to an actual wall. Learn what you need to feel when making a proper turn and then try to replicate those feelings over a ball.

Most people can't just say, "I'm going to stop swaying" and then just do it. You need to learn to do something differently than you are used to.

I'm going to have to look into that drill. I like the sound of it as iacas just pointed out.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

I don't like my finish on the side view.  My weight seems like its on my back foot.  Thoughts?  

My head is moving backwards.  hmm. That's weird.  I'm really focusing on not swaying back on the BS, but somehow its moving backwards on the DS.  I hate this game

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

With your driver, the ball is way too far back. With how wide your stance is the ball should be at least off the inside of your left heel. You might find it easier now to tilt backwards with the ball more forward.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

With your driver, the ball is way too far back. With how wide your stance is the ball should be at least off the inside of your left heel. You might find it easier now to tilt backwards with the ball more forward.

Good point.  For the ball being lined up in the middle of my body off the drive like in the video,  where would the ball more likely go?  Pull? Push? Something else?  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

56 minutes ago, PingLuvR said:

For the ball being lined up in the middle of my body off the drive like in the video,  where would the ball more likely go?  Pull? Push? Something else?  

I'm sure there are tendencies, but I think it's more dependent on the path and low-point of the swing. I used to play the ball in the center of my stance with the driver because it was the only was I could get the ball to go straight with my swing. Then I found the thread below...

Good luck! :beer:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

• Administrator
13 hours ago, PingLuvR said:

Is this considered a reverse pivot?  

No. Weight doesn't go forward during the backswing.

Ball position bad. Lack of weight forward bad too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

No. Weight doesn't go forward during the backswing.

Ball position bad. Lack of weight forward bad too.

Is weight transfer easy to fix?  No idea why I'm doing it.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, PingLuvR said:

Is weight transfer easy to fix?  No idea why I'm doing it.  

Depends on what you mean by "easy."

Note: Please participate elsewhere on the site. Of your last 37 posts, 35 are in this topic.

• 2 years later...

Ive fixed my weight transfer.  Man,  what a difference it made.  Also,  i didn’t realize I was standing too far from the ball.  I hit so many shots off the toe and either pushed them right,  or hooked them.  Ive corrected that too.  Again,  what a difference.  Just finished a rage session. Only took my driver today because it was mats only,  and I dont like hitting irons off the mats.  It seemed like every drive was 260 (golf caddie) and straight.  Mostly middle of the face too.  Very encouraged.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

Note: This thread is 1531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!