IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

May 19 - Mirror work at the gym.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5/19/17:

Worked on my grip stance and posture today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5/19: putting practice. Predicted reads for 30ft putts. Confirmed with a level. Then 3 putts from each spots using the confirmed read and a yardstick showing initial line. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

5-19

Spent 40 minutes on the range working on the same hip drills.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/19: About 15 minutes with the metronome app tonight. Settled in at about 42 bpm and used a simple, "one...two" count for backswing to downswing. Spent some time with both my driver and my pitching wedge. A few minutes of tempo'd practice swings and then a few minutes hitting plastic balls (with tempo) with each club.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/19:  Hopefully last day of being overly restricted, then can start ramping back up.
10 mins. 50%-75%-speed full swings w/7i, no ball; focus on takeaway not being too inside, then lagging through and bumping ground through impact position, to full follow through.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

May 19th:- Played 18 in a strong south west wind. 10 mins full swing practice afterwards.

Chris.:roll:

5/20/17:

Practiced my lag putting for 15 or so minutes before work.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

May 20 - shoulder turn work.  Wrist and elbow are a lot better. I will do some drill work tomorrow for the first time in a few weeks. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

(edited)

5-20

Mirror work on hip turn and impact. 15 minutes. I plan on doing some hip flexibility work later

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Full bucket of balls at range. Worked on keeping lag in swing 

PW, 7i, 3W and driver

good smooth swing and contact except for some shanks that crept in foreshadowingly before my 18 holes

5/20: Played "select-a-shot" from the front tees with my son today, shot 79 (40/39). Had a great day. He's really starting to enjoy golf, which is good to see. Also, I like playing from the fronts with him and getting a read on every putt. Of course, he made a couple of putts outside of 10 feet (for birdie and par) that I was glad I didn't have to putt. :-D

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/20:  Back in full action today....
At least 45 mins. pitching from different locations around yard to my pin; focus on neutral weight at address, then pressure to left foot, then through.
10 mins. warmup/loosen-up/light-conditioning sets w/OW -- went well, no pain
25 mins. full swings, foam balls w/TourStriker p7i at target; focus on opening a little more at setup (had been trending closed), then not-rushed transition, hips through and lag into impact.  Felt pretty fresh and was really striking it well. 

Getting pretty rainy here in AL, and will stay so through the week, so not sure when I'll get to take my work back out to the course.  Hopefully soon.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

May 20th:- 5 mins full swing practice. Now working more on the through swing. From the fuller backswing position (more shoulder turn), I'm conscious of a pause at A4, followed by a definite movement of the hips toward the target to initiate the through swing. Am finding this to be very encouraging, results wise. 

Chris.:roll:

5/21/17:

Hit a bunch of 48°, 9i, 7i, 5i, 3h, and Drivers, focusing on not rushing the downswing and using the same swing and ball position for all clubs.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

May 21 - Some light swings in the yard. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Bucket of balls before playing. Short irons were great. Good contact, ball flight long and straight. 3W and hybrid 3 a little more erratic. Driver was OK

wgen I felt lost lag, used the pump drill to get it back. Did it on course when I was playing too.

Note: This thread is 2508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!