• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Yes, I do.  I'm fairly well off. I've taken lessons from a PGA Tour Player, a PGA Master Professional, a PGA pro, a club pro, the number one golf school in the country, a teaching pro, a Tour coach, a Top 50 Instructor, a Best in State instructor, and finally my current guru.  I ditched them all because I wanted to understand how to swing the club, properly. So I found an instructor whose philosophy I agree with and said, "I will only use you as my instructor. No one else."  My current instructor is great. He played the Tour and is retired from competition. He asked me my goals and looked at my swing. His assessment was "your scores are ok but ... you'll never be any good because you just don't have a swing that repeats. And to create a swing that repeats, you have to ditch that shit you're doing now." So I did.  The goal was to a) make solid contact, b) be able to compress the ball, and c) repeat some predictable shot path.  So I hit thousands of SW shots. Still do. Just to find the face of the club at impact. I've worked on rebuilding my swing over the last 2 years and am playing the best, most consistent golf of my life. I reworked the practice plan I use and it's now built on LSW principles. Combined with working on swing mechanics, I have a solid improvement plan. And I'm playing the best I've ever played. I won my flight in the club championship and can still fly a drive 260 yards. (I'm 60 years old.) My point is ... which no one apparently agrees with ... is mechanics matter. I used a SW to build a fundamentally repeatable swing based on solid impact. Because the swing doesn't change that much until you get to the woods. Regardless, this is the approach my instructor designed for me. And it is working. For me. Long story short, I'm very happy with the progress I've made because I have one instructor working with me on one swing philosophy and I have a practice plan (65/25/10) that supports what we are doing.  It is working for me now .. which honestly, is all I care about. If it helps the original poster, great! If not, I'm going to stay on track with my plan and hopefully, by year end, I'll be single digits.
    • Looks like the moderna inc vaccine is entering final testing the end of this month. 30,000 person trial. Very promising! First COVID-19 vaccine tested in US poised for final testing The first COVID-19 vaccine tested in the U.S. revved up people’s immune systems just the way...  
    • I figured it is probably about time I start videoing my putting stroke. I really have no idea what to look for when it comes to putting. The only thing I might see is to try moving my elbows slightly further apart (like 4-5 inches). When it comes to the putting grip, should the putter be running through both lifelines? For quite some time I had the trail hand heel pad as the main point of contact for that hand, but I've recently switched to having the putter run through that hand's lifeline instead. Practice ratios for the near future are going to move towards something like 55/25/20. I really need to work on my putting.     On some other notes: I've been jealous of @billchao's and other similar outdoor net setups for quite some time. I decided on a few purchases to set myself up with a solid area to practice the full swing at home. This will make getting a lot of video so much easier mainly because the range I've been frequenting just isn't conducive to it. This will be great timing for it as well since I'll be able to get a ton of reps / practice in after the Chautauqua event with @iacas. Upgrading from my mixed 710 AP1 / 712 AP2 set to some 716 AP2's. I essentially paid nothing for them after getting rid of these two iron sets.
    • Day 217 Kept working on the hip rotation with some 9-3 swings with LW/SW. Decided today was the day to see how it translates to a longer club. Used 3W because I'm afraid to hit driver off the mat in my yard. Hit 15 balls and used the Mevo get some ball flight data. No impact tape, but didn't get any extreme toe or heel vibrations/feels in my hands. Contact was pretty solid, hit 2 balls a touch thin, and 2 balls a touch fat. Start line was good for 12/15, 2 balls were pulled and started too far left, 1 ball was a push. Swing speed, ball speed, carry, and spin were in the ballpark for what I expect, so overall pretty happy with progress.
    • Interesting.  So in theory, if you tap down the line of your putt so that your ball tracks that line, is it still allowed?  Just a hypothetical question. I thought I read somewhere that some pro left a water hose on a practice green so that it forms imperceptible track to the hole and bet on other pros during putting practice.  Could be just an urban myth.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Apoc81
      Apoc81
      (39 years old)
    2. crow esquivel
      crow esquivel
      (43 years old)
    3. easyjay39402
      easyjay39402
      (76 years old)
    4. JonathanJones
      JonathanJones
      (29 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...