IGNORED

Craft Beer Anyone?

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Over the past couple of years, I have a new favorite brewery.  If you're ever in Charlton Mass, head over to Tree House Brewery.  Their beers are as good as any and their complex is top notch.  I think they have 6 beers rated in the Top 25 of Beer Advocates  Top 150 beer list. 

I stop here when I go visit my kids in Maine and spend lots of money, as you can only buy their beer at their locations.  

Tree House Brewing Company, creators of Julius, Green, Haze, and more, crafts unique & world-renowned beers on a wooded property in Charlton, Massachusetts.

I could go on and on about breweries and beers, I'm always in search of great IPA's and DIPA's.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Honestly 95% of what I drink is Yuengling Lager, but I do try to break out of the rut once in awhile. 

Not sure these are really "craft brewers" as most people would define them, but Ohio has Great Lakes (Cleveland), Rheingeist (Cincinnati) and Warped Wing (Dayton) that I enjoy. Normally, I'll go for red ales or pilsners. Occasionally, a lower-octane Stout hits the spot. 

22 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Honestly 95% of what I drink is Yuengling Lager, but I do try to break out of the rut once in awhile. 

Not sure these are really "craft brewers" as most people would define them, but Ohio has Great Lakes (Cleveland), Rheingeist (Cincinnati) and Warped Wing (Dayton) that I enjoy. Normally, I'll go for red ales or pilsners. Occasionally, a lower-octane Stout hits the spot. 

You’re not a Hudepohl fan?😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

33 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

You’re not a Hudepohl fan?😜

We don't get that regularly here in the Dayton area. I don't remember it poorly from the time or two I had one, we just don't see it on the shelves.

I did hear about their special Super Bowl cans vanishing in record time.

Hudepohl Resurrects Hu-Dey Commemorative Bengals Beer with a VERY Limited  Run | Drinks News | Cincinnati | Cincinnati CityBeat

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

We don't get that regularly here in the Dayton area. I don't remember it poorly from the time or two I had one, we just don't see it on the shelves.

I did hear about their special Super Bowl cans vanishing in record time.

Hudepohl Resurrects Hu-Dey Commemorative Bengals Beer with a VERY Limited  Run | Drinks News | Cincinnati | Cincinnati CityBeat

It was average at best when I lived in Cincinnati back in the ‘80s. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

47 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It was average at best when I lived in Cincinnati back in the ‘80s. 

It certainly isn't what you typically think of as "craft beer". 

Not unlike Yuengling, Hudepohl is a name with a lot of history behind it. A lot of Germans (including my great-great grandfather) settled in Cincinnati in the late 19th century and Hudepohl was one of several companies trying to give them a taste of home.

Guess one thing I learned just today is that Hudepohl is responsible for the infamous Little Kings that punctuated many people's Fridays during my high school years. For some dumb reason, those were easy to get up here back then.

Little Kings 60th birthday: Cincinnati beer celebrates 60 years

45 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

It certainly isn't what you typically think of as "craft beer". 

Not unlike Yuengling, Hudepohl is a name with a lot of history behind it. A lot of Germans (including my great-great grandfather) settled in Cincinnati in the late 19th century and Hudepohl was one of several companies trying to give them a taste of home.

Guess one thing I learned just today is that Hudepohl is responsible for the infamous Little Kings that punctuated many people's Fridays during my high school years. For some dumb reason, those were easy to get up here back then.

Little Kings 60th birthday: Cincinnati beer celebrates 60 years

That was my favorite beer in Cincinnati. I think it was Schoenling though unless Hudey owned them. It did go skunky fast though. We saw a few bottles in San Francisco on our honeymoon and got them. They did not travel well.😜

Scott

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That was my favorite beer in Cincinnati. I think it was Schoenling though unless Hudey owned them. It did go skunky fast though. We saw a few bottles in San Francisco on our honeymoon and got them. They did not travel well.😜

Other way around actually. the brand name Hudepohl was sold to Shoenling back in 1986. The current ownership is called Cincinnati Beverage Co. or CinBev. 

Just now, mcanadiens said:

Other way around actually. the brand name Hudepohl was sold to Shoenling back in 1986. The current ownership is called Cincinnati Beverage Co. or CinBev. 

Interesting. I remember going to the Schoenling brewery to pick up a keg once for a rugby tournament.

Scott

My Swing Thread

One of my favorites is Anchor Steam Porter.  Haven't seen it in a while.

P.S.  Although I've no idea what a while looks like...I can always tell when one has been by.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

1 minute ago, Piz said:

P.S.  Although I've no idea what a while looks like...I can always tell when one has been by.

That is a good one. I like porters and stouts the most.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

That is a good one. I like porters and stouts the most.

Same here.  Stouts and porters seem a less finicky brew.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

On 2/11/2022 at 6:18 AM, jsgolfer said:

Over the past couple of years, I have a new favorite brewery.  If you're ever in Charlton Mass, head over to Tree House Brewery.  Their beers are as good as any and their complex is top notch.  I think they have 6 beers rated in the Top 25 of Beer Advocates  Top 150 beer list. 

I stop here when I go visit my kids in Maine and spend lots of money, as you can only buy their beer at their locations.  

Tree House Brewing Company, creators of Julius, Green, Haze, and more, crafts unique & world-renowned beers on a wooded property in Charlton, Massachusetts.

I could go on and on about breweries and beers, I'm always in search of great IPA's and DIPA's.

I still think of Juicy Lucy...lol. maybe it was just that I was thirsty but that might be one of my favorite IPAs of all time. 

I had a goblet of Woodoo Ranger Belgian at Yard house.. loved it enough to stop by the grocery store to buy a variety pack. The IPA did not disappoint.

Vishal S.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:30 PM, Piz said:

Well that's just great.

You had to go mention Anchor Steam and now I'm going to have to run my butt into the wilds of Dayton, OH (and it gets wild) to get Anchor Steam from the one place I know has it.

Thanks for nothing.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I still think of Juicy Lucy...lol. maybe it was just that I was thirsty but that might be one of my favorite IPAs of all time. 

I had a goblet of Woodoo Ranger Belgian at Yard house.. loved it enough to stop by the grocery store to buy a variety pack. The IPA did not disappoint.

Lucy Juicy is really good, as are all of the other beers from Solace Brewing that I've had.  Another good one in northern VA is Aslin, who have opened a small brewpub in Herndon, right around the corner from me.  

As for styles, I had been getting a bit tired of extremely hopped IPAs, it seemed that brewers were simply trying to make the bitterest beers they could.  The newer trend towards cloudy (unfiltered) IPAs is more to my taste, a bit creamier, a bit more citrus flavor and aroma, and noticeably less bitterness.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

42 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The newer trend towards cloudy (unfiltered) IPAs is more to my taste, a bit creamier, a bit more citrus flavor and aroma, and noticeably less bitterness.

Our clubhouse has Hazy like a Fox on tap that you would love then. 

I agree about the overly hoppy and bitter trend. It's seems like a bit of competetive trick to stand out just for the sake of it. But then I am sure there are barbarians who can't get enough hops.

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

But then I am sure there are barbarians who can't get enough hops.

7A417D46-9DF5-4858-ADBA-EDF03A4CB239.jpeg.7ce1188f75fd2163e2505dcfe8dea467.jpeg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, Missouri Swede said:

7A417D46-9DF5-4858-ADBA-EDF03A4CB239.jpeg.7ce1188f75fd2163e2505dcfe8dea467.jpeg

Lol.. I remember one called Angry Bastard with some salty language insulting 'Pilsner drinking yuppies' on the can. Haha

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!