IGNORED

"Pro" shoots 127 in U.S. Open local qualifying

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always subscribed to the idea that if you never go over 100 it's ok to call yourself a golfer.

ive brought in a few friends over the years and that is attainable.

I played a back nine with an Internet golfer pro by chance one time and he stunk it up.  Since then I am a bit jaded.

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Thank you! I'm a 13 myself, and I found myself thinking I could have scraped it around in better than 127! Even on a course that long!

I think he's the Rosie Ruiz of golfers!

@Buckeyebowman I think you and I could've scraped in under 100 on our worst day, may have gotten under the threshold of "the letter" with our best. 

Basically for those of you who don't know, "The Letter" is sent out to anyone who declares themself a "professional" who does not shoot within about 8 strokes of the course's rating. (They do take course conditions into account, because, hell, pros do shoot 85 on occasion)... It basically says that you need to improve your game before you attempt to qualify for the Open again. This guy will quite possibly be banned from ever qualifying again. 

Maybe some day if I ever get a cooking job where I don't work basically second shift (heck I'd take overnights, I'd like to get under 4.4 Verified Index, and try to qualify for the Mid-Am.

But a 25 Handicap trying to qualify for the U.S. Open? Maybe he thought it was a Mediocre Golf Association Major. Oh, wait a minute that's the F.U. Open.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On May 12, 2017 at 1:31 PM, mvmac said:

I think Jared Garbett changed his name to Clifton McDonald. 

Holy crap, really?  Who is this goober?!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Who is this goober?!

YouTube legend :-P

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

ohhh crap..... so when will this " letter " hit my mail box?  i swear i am a " PRO " i was just having a bad day at the golf course...  please give me a break guys...   

It is what it is

I actually had a 62 side not long ago, but I'm not claiming to be a pro. It's actually wasn't that tough to get there. I pulled 3 consecutive tee shots OB on the first hole. It spooked me and I decided to play way safe and inched my way towards the green following those shots with 3 mid irons and after all that managed to 3 putt.

So I was toast, fried brain standing on two and bam the same left miss only this time the ball hit a pine and dropped my side of the red tees and I had to punch out. I made a triple for +12 after two holes. I never recovered even after I decided to just have fun and toss back beers it never got better, bladed chips, worm burners, you name it, if you didn't know me you'd have thought it was my first time playing. Didn't make one par and the only chance I had was sinking a two foot putt after a 50' bunker shot on a par 3, it stopped on the lip.

I ended up bailing at the turn it was too much and it stuck with me until I got a couple of "normal" holes behind me the next time I played. First time I had first tee jitters in forever. Same course, same side and I shot 41 with a silly double.

Edited by Dave2512

Dave :-)

Poor guy.  Sucks to have a meltdown last for the entire round.  Lots of pressure at those things.  Well, at least a bunch of internet heros won't be lambasting him online.  He's got that going for him.  Which is nice.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!