IGNORED

"Pro" shoots 127 in U.S. Open local qualifying

Note: This thread is 1462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

30 minutes ago, jamo said:

I honestly don't even know how someone shoots a 14. 

I shot an 86 with a 13 on my card in the club championship last year. 3 balls OB off the tee, spin a wedge back off the green into the water. 2 putt. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they miss a 3 footer for 13 and tap in.

FYI, I just created this thread to collect singe-hole meltdown stories:  

Hold my beer....

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, oregongolfguy said:

Come on guys....Does nobody remember the awesome Kevin Na 16 he dropped a few yrs back on a hole.  Watching that will forever be etched in my mind 

I just watched that again. That's disheartening to watch..

27 minutes ago, jamo said:

Ask Kevin Na...

When I first saw the number 127 I was thinking for 2 rounds, that's impressive... Oh wait, for one round. :bugout:

27 minutes ago, jamo said:

Sorry if I'm digressing but I got a 13 the other month on 16 at the Stadium Course, PGA West.  I had no penalty strokes and hit mostly solid shots.  I just didn't know the hole and to avoid the two bunkers at all costs.  4 shots to get out of the fairway bunker with all bad lies.  5 shots to get out of the green side bunker till I had enough practice to learn to hit it 30 feet high.

Gratuitous extra, sorry -- Island green 17 I lipped out the hole in one and tapped in my birdie.

FYI, I just created this thread to collect singe-hole meltdown stories:

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Arnold Palmer once made a 13 on this hole at Westborough CC in St. Louis.

No. 15, Par 3, 180 yards from back. Creek front and right, OB left and back.

C'mon give the guy a break. He was only 58 shots off the lead. Shoot a solid 18 the next day and he's right back in it. 

Had a buddy tell me about a local "assistant pro" (or was that assistant "pro") who entered a qualifier. Went something like quad, quad, triple and was then asked to leave so he wouldn't distract other players. Can't vouch for truthfulness of the story but have no reason to doubt my buddy either. 

1 hour ago, stealthduffer said:

C'mon give the guy a break. He was only 58 shots off the lead. Shoot a solid 18 the next day and he's right back in it. 

Had a buddy tell me about a local "assistant pro" (or was that assistant "pro") who entered a qualifier. Went something like quad, quad, triple and was then asked to leave so he wouldn't distract other players. Can't vouch for truthfulness of the story but have no reason to doubt my buddy either. 

Yeah.  More than anything, I feel bad for the guys that had to play with this clown all day...

51 minutes ago, SG11118 said:

Could be a score from a guy that tried to play through an injury.  Could be a score from a pro who isn't very good.

The question that comes up in my mind is, why? I don't think it is worth playing in either of these scenarios and he really should have packed it in after 9.

Honestly, if I knew what I was going to shoot each time, I wouldn't get out of bed half the time. I am sure he had ever cell of his body asking him to pack it up after 9 but I am also sure he thought it was a better idea to man up and finish the round.

I guess the headlines would still have read : "Pro shoots 68...on the front 9..calls it quits" Not sure any less embarrassing. I am sure over the next few days more details of his actual skill level will emerge.

18 hours ago, jamo said:

well...   you do it like this..  

1 hour ago, SG11118 said:

Could be a score from a guy that tried to play through an injury.  Could be a score from a pro who isn't very good.

Isn't that a bit contradictory? A pro who isn't very good? :whistle:

Edited by Gator Hazard

23 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Isn't that a bit contradictory? A pro who isn't very good? :whistle:

Which ties back into the "would you take advice/lessons from someone who sucks" thread... ;-) 

Note: This thread is 1462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!