IGNORED

Recommend me a driver

Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

looking to buy a used driver with the following

small head 

neutral face 

all time classic favorites

Can be old but not like made of wood old 10 to 20 years

dont want adjustable

10.5 loft 

WITB: Titleist 975D, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5i,7i,9i, Mizuno Black Ox Raw 56* SW, Ping Anser 3 lives in a TourTrek Sunday Carry Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, hack2scratch said:

small head 

neutral face 

dont want adjustable

10.5 loft 

https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1001190-titleist-975j-driver/used/?lft=10

https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1012216-ping-g10-driver/used/?lft=10

https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1002817-taylormade-r7-quad-tp-driver/used/?lft=10

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

9 minutes ago, hack2scratch said:

small head 

neutral face 

dont want adjustable

10.5 loft 

Not sure about lofts, but check out the TM R540.

- John

39 minutes ago, hack2scratch said:

small head 

neutral face 

dont want adjustable

10.5 loft 

looking to buy a used car:

Difficult steering, no racket/pinion

No body flare or graphics

Don't want any options. I'll never want to change anything

Not interested in any technology that has been put in to improve fuel efficiency or handling.

I want to go from hack to scratch.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

20 hours ago, Vinsk said:

looking to buy a used car:

Difficult steering, no racket/pinion

No body flare or graphics

Don't want any options. I'll never want to change anything

Not interested in any technology that has been put in to improve fuel efficiency or handling.

I want to go from hack to scratch.

i dont see an issue with playing and being recommended older drivers? What is the point of your post?

I never said technology was bad or against it, just wanted to try out some older tech stuff and want some recommendations of people who have favorites.

WITB: Titleist 975D, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5i,7i,9i, Mizuno Black Ox Raw 56* SW, Ping Anser 3 lives in a TourTrek Sunday Carry Bag

2 hours ago, hack2scratch said:

i dont see an issue with playing and being recommended older drivers? What is the point of your post?

I never said technology was bad or against it, just wanted to try out some older tech stuff and want some recommendations of people who have favorites.

Yeah, I was just messing' with ya. It's all good my friend. Not too old, but I can tell you I really liked the Ping G20 driver. I wore it out good. Probably would've kept it longer but I accidentally snapped it getting it into my silly car trunk which was too small. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I can completely understand the "small head" idea. A buddy of mine absolutely cannot stand the "grapefruit on a broomstick" look of today's Drivers! I've told him that there are mini-Drivers, but you can't find them in our local golf shops. I guess you have to go online. He'd prefer something just slightly larger than his 3 wood, which is what he tees off with now.

Until recently*, a 2004 Big Bertha Titanium was my baby for many, many years (10+). 360cc clubhead, great feel, easy to swing fast and hit far. It always seemed like the "harder" I swung, the more she rewarded me. I tried a couple larger drivers through the years, but always made my way back to Bertha. No half sizes, though, you'd have to settle for a 10o or 11o.

* Coincidentally, and oddly enough, I just gave her to my son about a month ago after receiving a TaylorMade AeroBurner for my b-day...and I'm never going back. :whistle:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Here's a couple from Callaway which you might like. Only drawback: both are 460 cc heads; otherwise they fit your critical items.

RazrX Black* (circa 2012) - 10.5*, composite head, D5 | Fuji Motore F8 stock shaft, 46" |
  Face angle -  8.5*, 9.5* = 1* open // 10.5* = square // 13.5* = closed.
 *non-adjustable brother of RazrFit ... early high launch, low spin offering.

HyperX Tour  (circa 2008) -10.5*, D5, square face // 68 gr. Fuji Fit-On 360 shaft as stock, 45.5" (Circa 2008).   Hot, mid-level trajectory; used it in R-flex for four seasons.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

so many options! I might have to buy them all! I got a used club store locally and can pick up any one of these drivers for 10-30 bucks

You can have my old TaylorMade Burner Bubble driver. It's in very good condition, though it's a 9.5deg with a stiff shaft. You can have the matching 3 & 5 too.

Edited by Midpack

Titleist 975d.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

TaylorMade Aeroburner Mini Driver has a small head and is readily available new. It's not expensive. 

Edited by Kalnoky

I've got a Ping G20 (neutral, non-adjustable) 10.5* with factory TFC stiff shaft.  Real good condition.  $50 shipped.  Message me if interested and I'll send some pics. 

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

I actually liked the Taylormade 360 driver. I thought it was big at the time. 

I'm a little biased... But the original Exotics Tour Proto driver from Tour Edge fits your specs a bit. I'm not sure if it came in 10.5° but most early Exotics drivers came with lofts in 9°, 10.5°, and 12°. 

Also the Nike Ignite 380 was a good driver with the right shaft in it... I actually had one in my "mutt" set. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!