IGNORED

Mike Austin

Note: This thread is 1471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, golfprotl1 said:

Then give me some different numbers......are you saying you know more than the stats gathered by golf Digest ? See this is what happens..someone can't refute facts so they just declare B.S.....because the facts totally eliminate their credentials......again I'm wondering who is suffering with B.S. here.

I said the bit about incentives for instructors was BS. Read man.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'd say we should ask any player whose handicap has gone down by two strokes whether that's significant or not.

I agree with that....but a 16.5 to a 14.5 in 27yrs across the board is what I'm talking about...not a specific individual index....

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I said the bit about incentives for instructors was BS. Read man.

I'm sorry if you took that part out of context within the general comment...that's your business...not mine...interesting though that that's is what caught your attention.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, golfprotl1 said:

I'm sorry if you took that part out of context within the general comment...that's your business...not mine...interesting though that that's is what caught your attention.

I didn’t take it out of context.

It caught my attention because, as I said before, it's complete BS.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 10 months later...
On 5/23/2017 at 2:07 PM, War Eagle said:

Can someone please explain to me the cult-like following that Mike Austin has ? Sure, the guy was a big hitter (some of that probably exaggerated) but never won a PGA or other professional tournament that I can find ? And maybe he did hit a 515-yard drive downwind on rock hard fairways. 

What is the attraction with his mechanics ? 

I can only say that I took lessons from all the "heavies" and Mike Austin was the best. He knew how the body was designed to move and added a dash of engineering. Was way ahead of his time - launching ball high, lateral bends, didn't twist his upper body against his lower body - among other things. I took lessons from him over a span of 6 years out in Studio City, Cali. Quite the character. Brilliant, cantankerous, strong as a bull. He did beat the likes of Lloyd Mangrum, Jack Fleck, Charlie Sifford per LA news clippings. Played in the PGA and British Open. No real money in the game back then. Who knows. He mentored HOF Long Driver Mike Dunaway. And to his credit, taught at the range until he was 89.  I put video clips at youtube at Mike Austin Rules! for those that are interested in what Mike taught and some of his results. Hope this provides some insights.

Note: This thread is 1471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!