IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6/20 - kettle swings for balanced weight shift with focus on centered turn. Will also get some putting in today (6ft for bead)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6/20/17:

Some iron shots this morning. Again my foci were good relaxed tempo and hitting the spot on the ground just in front of the ball. Some solid 6-iron shots were flying 180 yards. The two or three 3-iron shots were flying 215-220. What is going on? No idea, just a straight or slight draw shot. I think I'll build on this and see if it works up and down the bag.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

June 20 - Playing 18 today. Had to rest my bad parts yesterday.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

June 20 - Playing 18 today. Had to rest my bad parts yesterday.

Good luck and hope all of your parts are good today. 

I hit a small bucket today without pain- just mild discomfort but that's apparently good. Just slow swings with full range of motion. Didn't work on my last lesson priority- just focused on full shoulder turn while keeping head pointed toward ball (has been the range of motion issue I've been battling).  Big success 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

On 6/19/2017 at 9:28 PM, roamin said:

6/19: More rain. Ugh. :-(

6/20: Same. Looks to be that way for several days. 10 minutes of putting in the hallway.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

6/20:  rain is here for the next 3 days or so, so I did some weight training to strengthen/heal my right elbow; also did some more grip and pre-shot routine/setup work.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

June 20th: 15 mins full swing practice, outdoors, driver and 3 wood. Again working on Key #1.

Chris.:roll:

21 hours ago, RandallT said:

Good luck and hope all of your parts are good today. 

I hit a small bucket today without pain- just mild discomfort but that's apparently good. Just slow swings with full range of motion. Didn't work on my last lesson priority- just focused on full shoulder turn while keeping head pointed toward ball (has been the range of motion issue I've been battling).  Big success 

They weren't. My wrist hurt from the first to last shot. I had it wrapped too.

June 21 - Off day. I did some shoulder turn work at my desk, but I need to give the wrist a break.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6/21/17:

4-8-12 putting drill about 10 times.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/21:

Played 18 today and was very happy with my Aimpoint reads and putts.   My tee shots are still a work in progress.   Hitting the range tomorrow.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6/21: Another successful day at range. Gentle swings with full shoulder turn. Also added left hip awareness from last lesson- pull it through aggressively near impact. 

Putted for 30min. 8ft with 1-3% slope.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Forgot to post yesterday, but didn't forget to practice.  I'm out of it for the month anyway, but I'd like to record it for practice (I aim to succeed at the challenge in July and going forward).  I will then write about today's.

6/20:  was meeting some friends after work, but got out of work before they did.  I went to the range first, small bucket, outdoors.  I hit entirely 6-irons, checking first my grip, then my backswing, with my usual two good practice backswings (usually with one slow forward) before hitting a shot.  It took me over an hour for my bucket of 40 balls!

I then went to the putting green, working 3' putts for a while.  I had a realization, and I don't know how accurate it is, and it worries me because I still don't know.  The motion to hit a 3' putt is much smaller.  I wonder how much of my pushing and pulling was because I made too much back motion!  I ordered a metal yardstick today and maybe I'll find out before too long.

6/21, similar routine as yesterday, different range (grass this time).  Took about an hour to get through the bucket of 33, although I took a few breaks (it felt hotter today) and also had to clean my clubs a bit more than on the mat range.  I was able to hit some 5-woods, a few 3-woods, and some drivers too, although as usual, it was primarily my 6-iron. 

I then went to the putting green for an hour, largely on putts 5' and in.  My aim was to use a routine and hit them without having to go further back than forward and also start them on my line.  I'm worried I'm getting in my head about putting.  My promise to myself is that tomorrow, when I get to play, I'm going to relax when I putt.  Let's see if I keep that promise. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

June 21st:- Midwinter solstice here. Practiced 20 minutes with Driver and 3 wood. Focused on making a relaxed shoulder turn during the backswing to prevent me raising my head. 

Chris.:roll:

6/21: Break in the rain! 30 minutes with sand wedge and plastic balls. Easy shots, just having fun hitting at targets.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

6/22:

Spent 2 hours at the driving range.   I flighted my wedges and hit them well.   I worked with my 3 wood and driver, focusing on key #1 and key #2.    I was also able to spend about 30 minutes in the sand trap practicing.   That is something I don't normally practice.   

A good practice session.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

June 22 - Mirror work in the gym to test my wrist. It is not ready.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!