IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6/25:

* Putting with the metal yard-stick, but not with my own putter (that is, not the one I currently use in play).  Real ball, indoors.

* Backswing, focusing on keeping the club face looking at the ball through A3, extending to full swing with hands high, then slow motion checked downswing.

Edited by Shindig
6/25 not 9/25.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6/25: Got 12 holes in this morning before it started storming, ended up 9 over with a birdie. Took a few holes to get my driver working, and a few more to feel comfortable with my irons.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

June 25th: 5 mins Full swing practice, 3 wood; and 5 mins wedge swings. Focused on slow swings to a good A4 position, then swinging to a complete finish.

Chris.:roll:

6/26 - putting from 6ft for bead; working on steady head through swing

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6/26/17:

Putting on metal yardstick for bead. Trying more or less to keep my putts on their starting line.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/26: 20 minutes outside hitting balls with my sand wedge. Slow-mo swings, focus on hip turn, then hit a shot or two. Rinse and repeat.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

June 26th:- 10 mins full swing practice, 3 wood. Concentrated on Key #1, especially from A2 to A4,to prevent "standing up" during the backswing, which is the priority piece I'm working on.

6/27 - chipping with putting method for bead/line. I love this method

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

June 27 - Mirror work with a shaft without a head to take stress off my wrist. Really focused on the turn from the top.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6/27

Played 18 today, focusing on driver setup and take away.  Progress, hit all but 2 fairways and the two misses weren't too bad. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6/27/17:

I played 18 today... I hit 7/18 GIR plus 2 fringes... I SHOT 77... My lowest round since my accident... 1 birdie, 11 pars, and 6 bogeys.... No Doubles. I did goof 2 pitches on 10 and 18 but got both of the 2nd chips up and down for bogey... So it probably would have been the same score if I hit the first short game shot on the green. I really need to build on this... I think I may be turning a corner.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

6/27: 15 minutes outside with sand wedge and plastic balls. 5-10 minutes of a couple slow-motion swings followed by a full show, focus during slow-mo work was no sway on the backswing and weight-transfer on the downswing, down to about A2 and pausing for a sec, then finishing at a full extension (A7.5?). Then hit about 20 shots, just working on aim/setup and slowing tempo down a bit.

Edited by roamin

Jake

6/27 - met some friends after work, but I got out of work before they did.  So I got some good practice time in.

Range, outdoors, on a mat, with range balls.  30 ball bucket, lasted me about an hour.  Practice backswing at the ball, check position.  Stop, reset, practice backswing at the ball, slow downswing, stop.  Step away, set up again not to the ball, swing.  Set up to the ball, swing.

All that mirror work the last few days... the first few strikes were big hooks.  Trust the process.  After about a half dozen... mind you, no adjustments, not trying to change what I was doing because of a few ball flights.  After about that half dozen, some amazing straight high strikes.  These were mostly my 6-iron, but I hit a few 9-iron and gap wedge shots too.

I also did some 20 yard chips without any real focus.  Mostly trying out my course's new chipping area. 

I then went to the putting green;  about 5-7 minutes each on 4', 8', 12' putts.  I should have been recording how many out of how many or done a 4-8-12 drill.  On the short ones, I did focus on a small backswing so I wouldn't have to "check" my swing mid through, which I suspect was an issue for me on shorter putts in the recent past.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

June 27th:- 10 mins full swing practice, 3 wood. 5 mins wedge swings. Concentrated on making slow, deliberate back swings, maintaining address posture.

6/28:

Was the first person on the golf course, actually I waited for them to open.  Focused on my chipping.   I practiced last night for about 1 hour and it helped today around the green.   My previous sand trap work paid off too,   I was successful in three attempts.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6/28 - slow centered turns with focus on steady head 

-Jonny

6/28/17:

After yesterday's epic round of 77... I worked on more steady head and weight forward drills today. Used slow swings with a PW in order to get the feeling down.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!