• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • I have, yeah. That's the system I use for my partial wedges, and I know all my yardages for a 1/2, 3/4, full backswing with different wedges, I just really struggle with finding the consistency in actually making that length of backswing.
    • Completely agree and was going to keep typing out a lot more stuff but felt I already wrote a big enough wall of text! I feel like this approach works for me because in the back of my mind I've always been intrigued by these types of clubs but always stayed away from them because of the whole "you're not scratch or a pro so you're not good enough to play those" debate. I'm glad I don't care about stuff like that anymore and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger and got some of my own to personally test/play with. I'm also not writing off ball data so I hope I did not come across as thinking it doesn't matter, obviously it does matter and it is very helpful to a lot of us players and to the fitters, etc out there to get the right club in our hands! Even though my statement may sound like I'm not a "data guy" that is not true. I got fitted last year and I also just had a lesson hitting with a FlightScope so I know where my game is and what I need to work on, I also track my rounds and record stats, etc, etc. For me going the route of MBs is more of a personal thing more than anything else, I wanted to know if I could hit them well enough to play them and I can, I also wanted to get away from this whole era of jacked loft's on clubs and get back to a more traditional club. I'm a bit of a purist and always had a thing for Titleist so that also matters to me as well. I only get to play on the weekends these days so at best I'm getting like 2 rounds a week in and that also includes any kind of practice, which most of the time means I'm going to practice a little before or after my round. So with that limited amount of time I decided I wanted to play Golf how I wanted to play it and do it using the gear I truly wanted to use!
    • Have you read this topic yet? Might help you rely less on feel and more about focusing on swing length. I have a specific swing length for multiple clubs on 10 yd increments from 40-130 yards with multiple wedges.  
    • I assumed when he said "Spine Angle" he meant the extent to which he is leaning backward away from the camera as he talks. Did anyone else find it distracting how far back he was leaning?  Two things - One, it always bugs me when somebody says "During traditional instruction...." I've had lots of instruction over the course of my golf life, I'm not sure how much was traditional. I don't ever remember being told the "spine is the center of your swing." Maybe I was, but I don't recall being told that.  Two - I think he actually says, if they followed his methods "Tour Pros would be better".... I found that interesting. 
    • No experience with that bag specifically but I did just buy the Cart 15 bag and depending on what type of bag you're currently using it might take some getting use to as these newer bags are built with a "twisty" like frame instead of a "solid" type frame. Hopefully that makes sense, lol! 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...