We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • You can think that I'm an entitled college student all you want, but no. I'm not saying that I want free golf. I believe that more public courses should have college rates. I believe that if you want to play golf as a college student you have to pay the price to get on the course. I hope I've made my position clear to you. 🙂 
    • As others have mentioned, there is no reason to discount tee times if they are being sufficiently filled. I don't disagree that the issues I talked about can be "easily" fixed, it really just comes down to experience of what is expected on the golf course. In addition to the music thing, I would add the "GET IN THE HOLE" a la Tiger, or "OHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH" that I can hear from 2-3 holes away because of a made putt or a chip-in. Just because one makes a great shot doesn't mean they get the privilege to disturb others. There is a reason there is such thing as the "golf clap". This is just a gripe from me, and I am a fairly loud person, but when I'm on the course I try to use my 5-30 yard voice instead of my normal 100-1000 yard voice. I definitely feel for you though, because being in college is a potentially straining financial time, and golf ain't cheap. I hope that your efforts with a club in your school works out for maybe getting you a discounted rate.
    • Would you reconsider that thought if they've fulfilled at least 2 of the 3 that you've mentioned? I've honestly never thought that even the slightest amount of music can be problematic for others. The restaurants are all closed down during COVID so it makes sense for the golf courses to not be flexible during this time. Thank you for the thoughtful response nonetheless. I'd also like to mention, unimportantly, that there are a handful, besides the golf courses funded by the university, that offer student rates. Including the only one throughout the county. Hard to believe, but they are a thing. Rates & Fees    
    • College aged folks are the last people golf courses want playing. I'll give 3 reasons that I see for this, and people can comment on each points' validity. 1.) The college aged crowd drinks, and you better believe they aren't buying all of their booze from the clubhouse. This is a liability for a number of reasons, from revenue to legality. 2.) College aged people do not take care of the course as well as other groups (but they aren't that far behind the average ball basher). From divot replacement, to pitch mark repair, and the worst of them all....improper cart management. They take their toll on the course in a way that most others don't. 3.) This one is more obscure and general, but I'll just say "respect for others". There is another hot thread on the forum about music being played on course. The only age group I see that does this "without exception" is 19-25 year old players. Not letting others play through can be put in here as well. Lack of yelling fore or hitting into others could also be here. With all of these points (particularly the last one), college aged players aren't the only ones that do these things, but they seem to be the largest offending group (in my eyes) and I would see no reason to give them a discount. It's like giving a discount to minors that hang outside of a convenience store smoking cigarettes....they are the last people you would give a discount to. This post is mega cynical, and I will gladly play with a group of students (and hopefully teach them some stuff during the round). I just wanted to add some stuff that I hadn't seen covered in earlier posts.
    • Updated Nevada rules, have to start wearing a mask on the range, went into effect yesterday 👎 Doing a lot of slow reps, taking it to 4 withe knees staying over the feet and then breathing into it. Legs are looking more stable, matching up well with the handle being more forward/shaft steeper on the downswing. When I can keep the femur "spread" it feels like the club works "straighter" into the ball rather than under and out to the right.   
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Eburris74
      Eburris74
      (46 years old)
    2. Jim White
      Jim White
      (70 years old)
    3. tapan
      tapan
      (45 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...