Note: This thread is 1442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6/28: Front yard with sand wedge and plastic balls again. Weird feels lately, can't seem to get really comfortable/confident with a swing. I've tried to ignore the urge to play around and have stuck to simple slow-mo drills and focus on hip-turn/no sway, but it's a bit annoying. With all the rain, I've gone from playing 2-3 rounds per week to 9-18 holes per week, so I'm not swinging a club as much as I normally do. It's driving me crazy. :~(

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6/10/17: So GIR are "king". Yesterday I shot my lowest 9 holes of the year. 38, no birdies, but 7 pars and 2 bogeys. But I hit 4 GIR, 2 Fringes, and the 3 Greens I missed that I couldn't putt wer

My hips have a tendency to sway back (away from the target) on the backswing...  

Gonna give this a go.   6/1/2017: I spent 1 1/2 hours at the putting green working on chipping with a SW and PW and putting.   I've developed a game where I chip to the 6 holes on the green

Posted Images

June 28th:- 20 Mins full swing practice, 3 wood. Keeping the swing at what feels like 70% is definitely helping with maintaining spine angle/ Key #1 during the backswing.

I played 18 holes of par-3 yesterday (6/28).  I've already failed the June challenge, but did we ever decide how or if playing counts towards the challenge?

6/29 -- decided to go to the range this morning to reinforce what I've been working on (clubface looking at the ball through A3, hands high at top).  The nice range is evidently closed on Thursdays & Fridays now.  Why?  

So I went back to the par-3 course from yesterday.  Worked on that in practice swings and in starting each full swing.  I'll post the GG for it later.   I'll aim to play a regulation course tomorrow.

6/29: Walked 9 after work this evening, shot 6 over. Something felt right in my practice swings on the first tee (re: Key #3) and it showed when I tee'd off. Don't know how to describe it but it felt like I could swing away without worrying about casting/clubhead passing my hands early. Not "holding lag" per se, just no force/feeling of the wrists unhinging until really late (and not much, anyway). Launched a high, tight draw right down the middle and did the same on the next three holes as well. Ended up with 5/7 drives being near perfect, 1 unlucky, and 1 'meh'.

Good feeling throughout the round, not quite the same with the irons, but similar. Hit some really nice shots, including a tee'd up 6-iron from 155yds to about 6 feet - one bounce and stop. :content:

June 29th:- 15 mins full swing practice, 3 wood. Still focused on 70% speed, and keeping the backswing compact.

6/30 - I know we shouldn't "pre-post," but I will be playing today with my boss in an area that I fear will have terrible reception and internet connectivity so I didn't want to miss the last day of posting! Today while playing I will be focusing on my centered turn and steady head. 

This completes June's 5-Min challenge

June 30 - Wrist feels much better this morning and I almost have full range of motion. I will take it slow and do therapy exercises. The doctor said to listen to my body. My body is like every Steve Buscemi character he ever played rolled up into one character! I know what it will say.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Buscemi.jpg

So instead, I will take a metered approach with pitch and chip swings first. Ice it and see how it feels the next day. Then full swings without contact, etc. I will certainly limit practice for a while.

I did not complete the challenge for June.

• Upvote 1

6/30:

Played 18, focusing on my putting.   I finished with 29 putts but what was better, my approach shots were closer to the hole.   Best official round of the year.

I've completed the June 2017 Practice Challenge!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

6/30 - I know we shouldn't "pre-post," but I will be playing today with my boss in an area that I fear will have terrible reception and internet connectivity so I didn't want to miss the last day of posting! Today while playing I will be focusing on my centered turn and steady head. 

6/30: Skins game in the morning. Spent some time doing slow-mo backswings and downswings to warm up, main focus on no sway in the backswing, and paying attention to the feels I had yesterday re: Key #3 on the downswing. Ended with five reps of a slow-mo swing back and down to the ball (impact position), then an easy practice swing, then a smooth swing/shot at a target.

June Challenge Complete!

• Upvote 1

June 30th:-Very wet here today. Managed 5 mins full swing practice outdoors between showers. Simply focused on making 70% speed centred turns and swinging through.

June daily practice challenge completed.

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2017 at 6:00 AM, woodzie264 said:

On 6/30/2017 at 7:04 PM, woodzie264 said:

This completes June's 5-Min challenge - (just wanted to put those two posts together so as to confirm the June challenge was definitively completed)

• Upvote 1

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!