IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Why does anyone have to live up to your expectations or anyone else's for that matter? Maybe I had expectations for him to get rich, get married to a hot wife and have women on the side....if so he exceeded mine....

Because we live in a society.  As I said before, my expectation is simply that he (and everyone else) will obey the law, not put others at unnecessary risk, and generally conform to societal norms.  You don't?

• Upvote 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

5 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Because we live in a society.  As I said before, my expectation is simply that he (and everyone else) will obey the law, not put others at unnecessary risk, and generally conform to societal norms.  You don't?

Ok that is reasonable. I guess I was talking about other issues that are personal morality based.

• Upvote 2

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

31 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Ok that is reasonable.

Whoa, buddy. You can get kicked off the internet for saying s--t like this! :-P

• Upvote 4

- John

1 minute ago, Hardspoon said:

I know, right?!  Where does something like that even come from?!

:-D 

In David's bag....

8 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Hey I can admit when I am wrong....

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Looks like TMZ screwed us all over again with bad reporting. No mention of LA at all in the dash cam video. Tiger sounds totally coherent and not wasted. He says he knows he's in Jupiter. Totally cooperative. 

• Upvote 1

Constantine

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jamo said:

The road is not wide there. There's just a bike lane. Tough to get much further off the road without getting on the sidewalk.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-31%20at%207.11.5

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

David, you've disliked (hated?) Tiger since long before this DUI thing. So "society" really doesn't have much to do with the previous stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The field sobriety test shows definitely that he's disoriented to some extent. As to why that is, I think I've learned my lesson at this point to wait and see. 

Constantine

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

David, you've disliked (hated?) Tiger since long before this DUI thing. So "society" really doesn't have much to do with the previous stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean.  I've never hidden the fact that I don't like Tiger.  That has nothing to do with this particular situation though.

In David's bag....

• Administrator
1 minute ago, David in FL said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  I've never hidden the fact that I don't like Tiger.  That has nothing to do with this particular situation though.

You missed the point. But it's not worth getting into, so…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, jamo said:

Yes, it's dangerous, but nowhere near the things I've seen that are a common occurrence. People park on the shoulder of a major highway with little buffer all the time. If I recall correctly, the report said he had his blinkers on. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Watched Golf Channel coverage that aired portions of Tiger's arrest.  It is such a sad commentary on our society that this is even aired and is getting this kind of coverage.  What he did was wrong, but it is just as wrong for the Florida Police to allow their videos to be released to the media.  Give the guy a break.

John

Edited by 70sSanO
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bogdan101 said:

We are golfing monkeys.

Well played!

I have to agree it sucks that video is released.  

My only comment at this point relates to his statement.

He said something like I understand the severity of my actions.  Think about that a minute.  It's an admission of guilt of sorts.  If he said I took my meds as directed by my physician and had an unexpected reaction that's different.

I dunno maybe someone mentioned this but I have not read the whole thread.  Food for thought.

15 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

Watched Golf Channel coverage that aired portions of Tiger's arrest.  It is such a sad commentary on our society that this is even aired and is getting this kind of coverage.  What he did was wrong, but it is just as wrong for the Florida Police to allow their videos to be released to the media.  Give the guy a break.

John

Yep.  I believe Tiger is not well liked around there. Jmo

I get what you guys are saying about not releasing the video, but in this case, it kinda makes sense. The video contradicts much of what TMZ and others reported, so in that sense, the video is a good thing. Otherwise, we'd be left with the image of a drooling Tiger Woods calling a cop a pig and then angrily demanding directions to the Pacific Coast Highway or he'll give everyone a knuckle sandwich. 

• Upvote 2

Constantine

3 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

I get what you guys are saying about not releasing the video, but in this case, it kinda makes sense. The video contradicts much of what TMZ and others reported, so in that sense, the video is a good thing. Otherwise, we'd be left with the image of a drooling Tiger Woods calling a cop a pig and then angrily demanding directions to the Pacific Coast Highway or he'll give everyone a knuckle sandwich. 

Decent point,  but imo innocent until proven guilty holds and evidence should be presented to courts not ESPN.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jack Watson said:

Decent point,  but imo innocent until proven guilty holds and evidence should be presented to courts not ESPN.

Fair enough, just playing devil's advocate. 

Constantine

Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!