IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, sirsteveo55 said:

I never said it was not a crime, or even less of an offense. It was a crime and he should be held accountable like everyone else. I was just saying it was more so sad because of the drugs that caused him to do this. And as I told the person ^^ I do blame the drugs.

I do not think it would be as sad if he was partying all night drinking with hookers. Then I would just be like whatever he made the decision to go do that not sad at all because he made the decision.

What do you have against hookers?

"Witty golf quote."

Any news yet on where he was coming from?

Purely speculation here, but it sounds like he took his pills and just wanted a nice relaxing drive and then got zonked.  I really think the guy, mainly partly due to the fame, just likes to get away from people and maybe driving is his escape.  Thought he could get a nice little buzz and prolly mixed some pain killers and sleeping pills or some benzo. 

Still waiting on the media to start covering the role of opiates in this arrest. I guess the one positive from this is that our beloved Tiger Woods is the first high profile case to be a victim of the opiate epidemic.  Maybe he will bring more media attention to it and start speaking out on it. 

Also just have to say I'm very against the release of the dashcam footage.  Can't people have any bit of privacy anymore?  I think the full written report is enough for the public.  Keep the audio and video for court. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ladysmanfelpz said:

Nope, but as a local, I can tell you his restaurant is like a 30 second drive from where he got pulled over, just over the bridge. That's one reason why I think he said he was "coming from Jupiter" when he was already in Jupiter. Either side of that bridge is Jupiter, so I can see how one might have misspoke in that instance. 

Edit: Or whatever he said, going to Jupiter, I can't remember. It's not a small bridge. 

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, Ladysmanfelpz said:

Purely speculation here, but it sounds like he took his pills and just wanted a nice relaxing drive and then got zonked.  I really think the guy, mainly partly due to the fame, just likes to get away from people and maybe driving is his escape.  Thought he could get a nice little buzz and prolly mixed some pain killers and sleeping pills or some benzo. 

Still waiting on the media to start covering the role of opiates in this arrest. I guess the one positive from this is that our beloved Tiger Woods is the first high profile case to be a victim of the opiate epidemic.  Maybe he will bring more media attention to it and start speaking out on it. 

Also just have to say I'm very against the release of the dashcam footage.  Can't people have any bit of privacy anymore?  I think the full written report is enough for the public.  Keep the audio and video for court. 

Read more  

Now he's a victim?  :doh:

...and it's ok to take pills (I guess drinking would be ok too) so he could have a "nice relaxing drive"...?  :doh::doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

If your Mother in Law knows that Ambien affects her like that, and still knowingly takes it, then she, not the Ambien is responsible for the consequences of taking the drug.

That's why drugs have warning labels.  It's not to give us something to read on a slow news day. ;-) 

I wouldn't say that, I would say they need to have control measures in place in case something does happen.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

...and it's ok to take pills (I guess drinking would be ok too) so he could have a "nice relaxing drive"...?  :doh::doh:

If the pills had previously not affected you negatively, you can't exactly blame him for not being able to predict something that had never happened before, can you?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, sirsteveo55 said:

I wouldn't say that, I would say they need to have control measures in place in case something does happen.

That would be one way of accepting, and managing the consequences.

Tiger took no such measures.  Whereas your Mother and Father in Law are to be commended for taking responsibility to ensure the Ambien is taken safely, Tiger did no such thing.  It's as simple as that.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

If the pills had previously not affected you negatively, you can't exactly blame him for not being able to predict something that had never happened before, can you?

Only if he had never taken those drugs before, and they didn't come with a warning as to the likely side affects.

To be clear, this isn't about Tiger.  It's about responsibility in general...

In David's bag....

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

Previously you stated "you can have a different reaction weeks into a particular drug regimen"

You know that...but Tiger doesn't? I bet Tiger has taken a lot more Rx than you have....just saying....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Previously you stated "you can have a different reaction weeks into a particular drug regimen"

You know that...but Tiger doesn't? I bet Tiger has taken a lot more Rx than you have....just saying....

Does Tiger also have a degree in Medicinal Chemistry? :-)

… just saying…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

I don't know, saying yes or no would be speculation. However, most my patients don't have one and when I tell them, the pharmacist tellls them and the bottle states the caution...they seem to get the idea.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don't know, saying yes or no would be speculation. However, most my patients don't have one and when I tell them, the pharmacist tellls them and the bottle states the caution...they seem to get the idea.

I do was my point.

And it's not speculation. He doesn't.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't, but I can read, and listen to what both my doc and pharmacist tell me.

In David's bag....

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I don't, but I can read, and listen to what both my doc and pharmacist tell me.

The point is you can take medication, be fine for weeks doing regular things, then have a weird reaction out of the blue.

"This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely."

How long do you have to take a drug and have no adverse reactions before you think you can be "sure?"

It doesn't say "never ever drive." It says until you're sure.

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

The point is you can take medication, be fine for weeks doing regular things, then have a weird reaction out of the blue.

"This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely."

How long do you have to take a drug and have no adverse reactions before you think you can be "sure?"

It doesn't say "never ever drive." It says until you're sure.

Fair enough.  But is it also fair to say that such a "weird" reaction would be, well, weird...?

When I hear hoofbeats, I think horses, not zebras...

In David's bag....

• Administrator
1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Fair enough.  But is it also fair to say that such a "weird" reaction would be, well, weird...?

When I hear hoofbeats, I think horses, not zebras...

:hmm:

It's possible it was a weird reaction. Few medications say "never drive while taking this." That's all I'm saying.

48 minutes ago, iacas said:

Iacas, this doesn't mean 'until you can use the medication AND perform these activities safely '

yes....it does mean never operate machinery while these medications are in effect.

it means until you are certain the effects have dissipated.

7 hours ago, Apoc81 said:

Just so you know (and I know it;s off topic), it has nothing to do with darwinism. Darwinism is an overly broad term that nobody really uses in the biology world (unless they are teaching high school chemistry). Genetic predisposition goes far, far deeper than Darwin could ever explain. Man propagates offspring because of a genetic need to grow our own bloodline. It's genetics, and it's natural.  It's only natural to want to broaden your chances of continuing your bloodline by impregnating other women. Cheating is a form of that, even when condoms are used, the issue is so deep ingrained that you either need to work to keep it in check, and train yourself to behave differently, like all human actions, or follow through with the action. 

That training to be monogamous begins young, usually as a child. Coming from a happy home helps, but it doesn't drive away the natural need. 

Dude,  I never questioned science.  Darwinism was the first word that came to mind.  

We have a conscious mind that we can use to decide whether to act on our urges.

Like I said before the fact that an urge is natural does not make acting on it right.

If I am in a meeting and someone makes me want to jump up and beat them down I make a conscious decision that I do not want to lose my job go to jail break my knuckles etc.  Same thing.

I find it humorous that you felt an irresistible urge to 'educate' me.  Let's not post further OT stuff hmmmk?

Note: This thread is 2507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!