Jump to content
IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest


Al B Tross
 Share

Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

From ESPN...

In a statement released Monday evening, Woods said alcohol was not a factor in his arrest, which he said stemmed from an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medication.

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said in the statement. "I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.

"I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.

"I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office for their professionalism."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, this raises more questions. He talks about a "mix" of medications. So, more than one. As Iacas noted, the last operation was a month ago or a little better. Why would he still be taking multiple pain meds? Is he hooked? Or is his back so totally jacked up that he'll basically be in pain the rest of his life?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

35 minutes ago, David in FL said:

From ESPN...

In a statement released Monday evening, Woods said alcohol was not a factor in his arrest, which he said stemmed from an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medication.

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said in the statement. "I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.

"I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.

"I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office for their professionalism."

That makes me feel quite a bit better about this situation, which has bummed me out somewhat today, if I'm being honest. I know I don't know this guy at all, but it stinks seeing someone fall this far in life.

So TMZ's reporting with its first hole in it. Also, the "arrogant" with police thing they said... that's not consistent with his character, which is always showing the utmost respect to law enforcement and military folks. Maybe he was arrogant, I have no idea, but I guess I'll reserve judgement til a bit more concrete info comes on this. I'm just glad no one got hurt. I drive on Military Trail everyday... and there's never a DUI check point on that road, I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really glad he didn't hurt anyone......and hope this really turns out to be a blessing in disguise

The guy has made some very poor decisions, but I do not think he is a bad person....the one thing that will really sting from this is the impact on his children...hopefully enough to really get his attention here

I wish Tiger the best.....honestly do

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

As Iacas noted, the last operation was a month ago or a little better. Why would he still be taking multiple pain meds? Is he hooked?

Why do people love to jump to conclusions?

You don't know that it's pain medication. It could be anti-clotting medication combined with something to stimulate bone growth or nerve dampeners or muscle relaxants or who knows what else you get prescribed after surgery on your spine. :-P

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

 

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why do people love to jump to conclusions?

You don't know that it's pain medication. It could be anti-clotting medication combined with something to stimulate bone growth or nerve dampeners or muscle relaxants or who knows what else you get prescribed after surgery on your spine. :-P

Could those meds be responsible for bloating? He does look bloated in the mug shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, DannyMac said:

I will never understand celebrities like Tiger driving under the influence, have a driver on payroll or just grab an uber!  

Well..DUI (driving under influence) means you could literally have a sip of alcohol. You are then 'under the influence.' But DWI (driving while intoxicated) is an ignorant decision. Obviously to deter alcohol and driving the limit is set very low regarding consumption and actual impairment. Doesn't really matter here. Either it's bad PR for Tiger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

What the heck was he doing driving around at 3 am?

Billionaire with nothing to do....I would go anywhere at any time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

What the heck was he doing driving around at 3 am?

Late night Micky D's run?

Also, I think all the strip clubs around here close at 4am, so technically, he went home early :-P

I'm making jokes, but I am still saddened by this situation. As someone who is dealing with a number of injuries that will take me twelve or more months to resolve, I can understand to an extent the psychological stress he might be under. 

I guess tomorrow they're going to release the dash cam footage. Bracing for whatever that might reveal, if anything. Hoping his statement remains accurate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
58 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well..DUI (driving under influence) means you could literally have a sip of alcohol. You are then 'under the influence.' But DWI (driving while intoxicated) is an ignorant decision. Obviously to deter alcohol and driving the limit is set very low regarding consumption and actual impairment. Doesn't really matter here. Either it's bad PR for Tiger.

He said it wasn't alcohol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, iacas said:

TMZ says: "We're told she began crying, then bought $5k worth of merchandise and left."

I don't care much about this, but… at least that part is amusing. :-)

Yea, admittedly, that cracked me up too haha.

Picturing this:

giphy.gif

And this haha: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

He said it wasn't alcohol.

Raises an interesting question, then, if the news reports are accurate: why did he refuse to blow? If that's the case, he obviously can't have been thinking clearly. If he had no alcohol in him, in his position I'd have been thinking...field sobriety tests (balance, etc), on a man who just had significant back surgery, then blowing a 0.0...if they arrest me for DUI on that basis, my attorney's going to have a lot to work with...

I guess the world will have a clearer picture if the dashboard footage is released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

OK, this raises more questions. He talks about a "mix" of medications. So, more than one. As Iacas noted, the last operation was a month ago or a little better. Why would he still be taking multiple pain meds? Is he hooked? Or is his back so totally jacked up that he'll basically be in pain the rest of his life?

 

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Why do people love to jump to conclusions?

You don't know that it's pain medication. It could be anti-clotting medication combined with something to stimulate bone growth or nerve dampeners or muscle relaxants or who knows what else you get prescribed after surgery on your spine. :-P

I think given the fact that he's abused pain meds in the past, it's not a far stretch to assume they may have been a contributing factor in this incident too.  

What doesn't sit right with me is the statement "What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly."  Since it supposedly was an unexpected reaction to mixing meds, that means he had either already been taking something and added a new medication, or he hadn't been on anything and started taking 2 or more meds at the same time...at midnight or 1 am or 2 am?  I don't buy it.  If he had an unexpected reaction, that means he took the meds within a few hours of his arrest.  I suppose it's possible he got new scripts filled for anti-clotting and bone growth meds in the middle of the night, but my gut tells me it was something else.  I actually believe that no alcohol was involved...it would be stupid to deny it then have the police release it in their report, but I don't think it was an innocent case of legit prescribed meds causing a bad reaction.  He has the best docs in the country...they know what meds can't be taken together.  I would think they would be especially cautious with a high profile patient like Tiger.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going to wait to form any sort of opinion until the full details come out.  Even if it was a bad mix of prescriptions you can't defend getting into a vehicle at that point if he felt the way he did.  Happening at 3AM is not a good look.

Tiger is known to suffer from insomnia so being up at that time isn't surprising.  Perhaps he took his meds before he went to bed, woke up restless, got the munchies and though he needed a run to the Waffle House or grab a greasy burger somewhere?  The only thing I know is that 1) the truth will be really hard to find and 2) that his story is getting sadder by the hour.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I’ve only done it once myself
    • Last time out I did make my first birdie of the year at 3. Hit a PW up hill to a 125 yard flag to 6 inches. Landed it short of the stick with a low trajectory hoping to skip it back to the flag and have it check up. Couldn’t have missed making a 2 my very much. Rest of the day I did my best to Kevin Na some birdie putts. Was feeling it after that shot. At 4 I smoked a driver and then hit a gap wedge from 92 to within 5 feet. I hit what I thought was a great putt and started walking it in.... lipped out on the high side tho. At 11 I hit my 2nd way right but my 3rd within 5 feet at the par 5. Again tried to walk one in only to lip on the high side: guess I should leave the walking in of birds too the pros!
    • Commenting ,just before  taking the shot (especially negative thoughts) affect your golf swing. Man I feel bad for you. It was awful. Action with some new rules should be taken for this. 
    • Well, at least you have the par-4s down!  I had a round a few weeks ago at my home course that would have been my second-ever no sixes (first was not at my home course)... played the par-5s in -1 (all pars and a birdie), but two sixes on par-4s did me in for the challenge.  Thankfully I have the badge from two years ago or so, but it'll be nice to have a few more rounds that fit this. 
    • Day 206.  Stop me if you've heard this one before.  15 minutes after work of 6-iron shots (about a half dozen total balls this time).  Same focus:  setup, backswing pace and length.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. goofi22
      goofi22
      (43 years old)
    2. HackardLaw
      HackardLaw
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...