IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Jack Watson said:

What the heck was he doing driving around at 3 am?

Hoe chasin' ???

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, iacas said:

Right. Nobody looks good in a mug shot even if it's in the afternoon, let alone at 7am after not going to bed.

Read more  

Not true, I give you "attractive mugshot guy" or whatever they were calling him. His mugshot actually got him a modeling gig, and a collage of cute chicks too, there are tons of them. 

IMG_0544.JPGIMG_0545.JPG

:-)

Edited by Gator Hazard

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 1badbadger said:

What doesn't sit right with me is the statement "What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly."  Since it supposedly was an unexpected reaction to mixing meds, that means he had either already been taking something and added a new medication, or he hadn't been on anything and started taking 2 or more meds at the same time...at midnight or 1 am or 2 am?  I don't buy it.  If he had an unexpected reaction, that means he took the meds within a few hours of his arrest.  I suppose it's possible he got new scripts filled for anti-clotting and bone growth meds in the middle of the night, but my gut tells me it was something else.  I actually believe that no alcohol was involved...it would be stupid to deny it then have the police release it in their report, but I don't think it was an innocent case of legit prescribed meds causing a bad reaction.  He has the best docs in the country...they know what meds can't be taken together.  I would think they would be especially cautious with a high profile patient like Tiger.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Uhhhh…?

You can have a different reaction weeks into a set drug regimen. Plenty of other factors can change. Dosage. Lack of sleep. Diet. The specific times you take things.

I don't much care either way (he should not drive impaired - that puts others in danger) as it's off-course stuff, but I still like facts and dislike speculation.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I figured it was meds, and while it still bothers me, i'm not as dissapointed as I was when I thought it was alcohol, just because I know how meds can affect you without even realizing it. I went through third degree burns to my left leg, and I did the same thing as him (though I wasn't caught or charged) for a few days thinking I was fine, before once becoming suddenly very tired at the wheel, I mean nodding off like a heroin addict. I had to pull into a parking lot and call some friends to come pick up me and my truck. I didn't drive again until I was off the meds. But it was a reaction I wasn't expecting. I had been tired throughout the ordeal after my surgeries, but I thought it was just my body telling me I needed rest. I had no experience with pain meds, or the anti-anxiety (Clonazepam or some such drug) meds they gave me after my workplace accident, and didn't know how they were affecting me. 

I'm not defending Tiger, just like i'm not defending what I did. Had I been caught, I would have rightly been charged, just like Tiger. 

And if you think driving at 3am post-surgery when you've slept most of the day and can't sleep at night is something out of the ordinary, I don't know what to tell you. I still go for a drive in the middle of the night when I can't sleep sometimes.  And in Tigers case, he is apparently also a known insomniac. 

Edited by Apoc81

12 hours ago, David in FL said:

From ESPN...

In a statement released Monday evening, Woods said alcohol was not a factor in his arrest, which he said stemmed from an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medication.

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said in the statement. "I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.

"I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.

"I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office for their professionalism."

Hmm, where have I heard that a DUI arrest is a medical issue before? Oh yeah, when his agent was arrested for DUI:

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-agent-mark-steinberg-arrested-drunken-driving-charges

“It’s a medical issue that I was dealing with,” Steinberg said in the email. “It’s not what you think.”

Color me skeptical.

Not that it really matters. A DUI for an "unexpected reaction" to medication, which probably has a warning on it not to drive when taking it, is just as serious as a DUI for alcohol. If he's going through personal issues, I hope he sorts through them. But he shouldn't get a free pass because alcohol was not involved.

• Upvote 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Raises an interesting question, then, if the news reports are accurate: why did he refuse to blow? If that's the case, he obviously can't have been thinking clearly. If he had no alcohol in him, in his position I'd have been thinking...field sobriety tests (balance, etc), on a man who just had significant back surgery, then blowing a 0.0...if they arrest me for DUI on that basis, my attorney's going to have a lot to work with...

I guess the world will have a clearer picture if the dashboard footage is released.

This is the interesting question.  If he hadn't been drinking, there should be no reason to refuse the breathalyzer.  

Surely he's not stupid enough to tell a boldfaced lie in his statement that will easily be refuted.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

This is the interesting question.  If he hadn't been drinking, there should be no reason to refuse the breathalyzer.  

Surely he's not stupid enough to tell a boldfaced lie in his statement that will easily be refuted.

Well, if it's anything like Canada, he can refuse the breathalyzer, but must take a blood test. 

But again, cops did not say he refused the breathalyzer. 

If you are using TMZ as your source of news, then.... sorry?

8 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Hmm, where have I heard that a DUI arrest is a medical issue before? Oh yeah, when his agent was arrested for DUI:

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-agent-mark-steinberg-arrested-drunken-driving-charges

Color me skeptical.

Not that it really matters. A DUI for an "unexpected reaction" to medication, which probably has a warning on it not to drive when taking it, is just as serious as a DUI for alcohol. If he's going through personal issues, I hope he sorts through them. But he shouldn't get a free pass because alcohol was not involved.

It was more than likely a mix of meds. 

9 minutes ago, Apoc81 said:

Well, if it's anything like Canada, he can refuse the breathalyzer, but must take a blood test. 

But again, cops did not say he refused the breathalyzer. 

If you are using TMZ as your source of news, then.... sorry?

It was more than likely a mix of meds. 

How about the NY Post?

http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-arrested-for-dui-in-florida/

In David's bag....

Just now, David in FL said:

A gossip site... 

If it was the Times, or Washington Post, but all i'm seeing are bad news sources, with nothing corroborating their claims. 

He did wrong, either way. But until cops confirm that he was arrogant or belligerent, it's all a load. Notice actual news sources haven't reported on this arrogance? Because it's not corroborated. 

According to this, where he was stopped

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Well, the reason why he came to the cops' attention in the first place just got posted: "Vehicle stopped on roadway in right hand lane and right shoulder..." https://www.scribd.com/document/349849849/Tiger-Woods-Arrest

That's a far cry from "weaving all over the place," or whatever the gossip papers originally cited from their "sources in law enforcement.'

Did he just nod off in his badly parked car, I wonder?

Edited by ScouseJohnny

1 minute ago, Apoc81 said:

He did wrong, either way. But until cops confirm that he was arrogant or belligerent, it's all a load. Notice actual news sources haven't reported on this arrogance? Because it's not corroborated. 

Because it's Tiger Woods, everything he says and does is going to be exaggerated and hyperbolic. Anyone having a reaction to medication will insist, "I wasn't drinking" but in Tiger Woods case it will be translated to belligerence, because we assume/stereotype that when millionaires defend themselves it's from a position of arrogance and entitlement. 

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Well, the reason why he came to the cops' attention in the first place just got posted: "Vehicle stopped on roadway in right hand lane and right shoulder..." https://www.scribd.com/document/349849849/Tiger-Woods-Arrest

That's a far cry from "weaving all over the place," or whatever the original gossip papers cited from "sources in law enforcement.'

IMG_2862.PNG

Given that it's now possible he wasn't even doing anything bad. Maybe he felt the reaction coming on and pulled over.

That's just more speculation though. So give it no weight beyond possibly balancing out the negative speculation to arrive at a net zero. :-P

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They gave him the dui ticket at 5:50 am.  Result of blood urine test?

Good to hear it seems he was not weaving all over.

Edited by Jack Watson

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Given that it's now possible he wasn't even doing anything bad. Maybe he felt the reaction coming on and pulled over.

My BILaw got a DUI years ago while asleep in his car on the side of the road...because the keys were still in the ignition (engine was off though). Could be something like this where Tiger was dozing off and pulled over.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, skydog said:

My BILaw got a DUI years ago while asleep in his car on the side of the road...because the keys were still in the ignition (engine was off though). Could be something like this where Tiger was dozing off and pulled over.

Seems like there should be a different category for that. "Driving" implies, y'know, driving.

16 minutes ago, skydog said:

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Seems like there should be a different category for that. "Driving" implies, y'know, driving.

Yeah.

An attorney buddy tells me that even sleeping it off in the backseat, with the keys in your pocket, could get you charged.

Seems to me like that would dissuade people from not driving when they've had too much.

:-\

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 2487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!