IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

This is what happens when he doesn't have a caddie to recommend a driver. 

Can't drive anything straight these days....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is all good news for anyone who doesn't enjoy the suffering of others.  I'm glad his story turned out to be true.  I wonder if all the blowhard assholes (I'm looking at you, Stephen A. Smith) will apologize publicly?  Haha...

Also...Tiger's version of the sobriety test would be REALLY tough!

Capture.PNG

Also - I think it's stupid that mugshots are made public, at least before any verdict is rendered.  There is a public-shaming aspect to it that I'm just not comfortable with, and doesn't seem to jive with the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

Edited by Hardspoon
  • Upvote 5

- John

2 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

This is all good news for anyone who doesn't enjoy the suffering of others.  I'm glad his story turned out to be true.  I wonder if all the blowhard assholes (I'm looking at you, Stephen A. Smith) will apologize publicly?  Haha...

Capture.PNG

Also - I think it's stupid that mugshots are made public, at least before any verdict is rendered.  There is a public-shaming aspect to it that I'm just not comfortable with, and doesn't seem to jive with the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

This is ESPN. Vilify who they don't like, including making up stuff, and praise and glory for those they like, i.e., bury the bad story on page 143.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, SG11118 said:

I guess Tiger needs a new phone number now

I was just thinking the same thing...I'm surprised that wasn't blurred out.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

10 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Capture.PNG

I remember when I was younger they used to have a page in the newspaper of either mugshots or just names of people who were arrested for the specific purpose of public shaming.  They felt if people knew their mugshot would be posted in the paper it would dissuade them from doing anything to get arrested.

I have a feeling they didn't wait for the verdict either, and you have a solid point on that...what if the person is found not guilty?  I'm not sure posting their picture again with a retraction would be all that helpful!

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

An attorney buddy tells me that even sleeping it off in the backseat, with the keys in your pocket, could get you charged.

WTF are you supposed to do with your keys then?

Does your attorney buddy know if this has actually happened?  I can understand if the keys were in the ignition or the person was asleep in the driver's seat but damn... try to do the right thing and get arrested anyway?

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

1 hour ago, Apoc81 said:

What issues? A broken body and a  failed marriage. That happens, especially to high level athletes. I mean, c'mon, before Tiger, the tour was full of older guys who were in poor shape. It wasn't just Tigers talent that got him where he was, but his phenomenal conditioning, something that was sorely lacking in golf at the time. 

Tiger has trained with Navy Seals for hell week (and completed the training) as well other training exercises with them. He ran and hit the gym 6 days week, on top of practicing hours a day. Those are Tigers issues, imo, his body broke down. This is just a big fat nothing, the guy had a bad reaction to meds while driving, it's absurd to use this to point to some bigger problem when he's just had disc fusion surgery. 

I'm gonna be 36 in July. I played competitive hockey since I was a child until a few years ago, started at 3 1/2. My right knee has been through surgery twice. I have aches and pains all over. I'm 6 years younger than woods, and some mornings I have to take Advil before I stretch (I refuse to take anything stronger without actual need, my doctor has tried to prescribe me percocet), and sometimes i'm sore all day. 

I doubt I've trained half as hard as Tiger in my lifetime, so ya, pretty standard. 

Agree - this one incident, driving at 3 am in the morning may be nothing. I vouch for my experience that nothing good happens after 1 am. Did not expect your reaction to an innocent observation, which is basically, we've all had issues, and most of us just go forward - he does not seem to have a mentor since his dad died. His life was all golf, he was the best, and now that is gone. Is he handling it well?

It's somewhat rhetorical. Thx. Hope your health goes on an upswing.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

13 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Agree - this one incident, driving at 3 am in the morning may be nothing. I vouch for my experience that nothing good happens after 1 am. Did not expect your reaction to an innocent observation, which is basically, we've all had issues, and most of us just go forward - he does not seem to have a mentor since his dad died. His life was all golf, he was the best, and now that is gone. Is he handling it well?

It's somewhat rhetorical. Thx. Hope your health goes on an upswing.

Of  course he isn't handling it well. You are correct there. Who would go from number one in the rankings for 281 weeks, down to what now? Like 700+ and take it well. Somebody who is THAT competitive, and was that good, is going to have a lot of mental anguish to deal with. 

Edited by Apoc81

I am glad the story has taken a turn for the better.  I can see this happening to anyone taking pain killers and having a reaction, it could happen at any time to anyone.  I am also glad he was pulled over to the side of the road, so it seems like he knew what was happening and wanted to get off the road.  To me, reading the report, this is pretty much a non-issue now, and like iacas pointed out, he was on a golf trip, so he is way ahead of schedule!!!!  haha!

18 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Agree - this one incident, driving at 3 am in the morning may be nothing.

What if he took that medication to sleep and woke up and left the house unaware of what time or where he was going. Ambein used to have a lot of black out situations. It seems strange that he is out at that time but what if he was doing this unconsciously?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

3AM EST is 12AM PST, so maybe he was thinking he was in CA time. If he was thinking he was playing golf, rewound to the past, maybe he was thinking he was going over to visit his skier gf Vonn or something.

On the plus side, 5-0 lists his occupation as athlete, so they think golf is a sport. Woohoo.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Guys - I am out of this thread. Apparently, trying to be reasonable or agreeable is not having the desired effect. lol. 

I wish Tiger the best - when he played in the Nelson (when Mr. Nelson was alive), me and my little boy at the time, followed him. WIsh him the best and hope we see his return asap to great golf.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I take a prescribed medication (indomethicin) from time to time (it is not a pain killer) -- 9 out of 10 times I feel nothing, but every once in a while I will have a bad reaction and it will hit me like a freight train.  

I obviously have no clue about Tiger's situation, but I can very much appreciate the potential for something similar happening to Tiger here

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Glad this turned out to be bullshit. TMZ should be asked to recite the alphabet backwards now. 

Constantine

7 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Glad this turned out to be bullshit. TMZ should be asked to recite the alphabet backwards now. 

Correction : the national anthem

• Upvote 2

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Uhhhh…?

You can have a different reaction weeks into a set drug regimen. Plenty of other factors can change. Dosage. Lack of sleep. Diet. The specific times you take things.

I don't much care either way (he should not drive impaired - that puts others in danger) as it's off-course stuff, but I still like facts and dislike speculation.

True Erik...but as a physician we never tell a patient 'careful...this blood thinner can cause impairment.' I respect your dislike of speculation, but thinking it might be due to blood thinners is pushing it. The 'reaction' TW alleges he had has not been defined. You like the facts? Well so far we have TW driving impaired at 3am, history of Ambien use (Benzodiazepene), Pain killers (Vicodin)....both of which can cause impaired ability to drive, operate machinery. I don't think it's too surprising that people think the DUI non-alcohol related event isn't due to Plavix and poor sleep and diet.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

What if he took that medication to sleep and woke up and left the house unaware of what time or where he was going. Ambein used to have a lot of black out situations. It seems strange that he is out at that time but what if he was doing this unconsciously?

My mom was on Ambien fo sleeping, fell and had a stroke - she started losing it from that time - yes, it can happen.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Guys - I am out of this thread. Apparently, trying to be reasonable or agreeable is not having the desired effect. lol. 

:doh:

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

True Erik...but as a physician we never tell a patient 'careful...this blood thinner can cause impairment.' I respect your dislike of speculation, but thinking it might be due to blood thinners is pushing it.

I was listing other medications a person might be on other than painkillers. I wasn't saying "blood thinners can cause that sort of reaction."

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

The 'reaction' TW alleges he had has not been defined. You like the facts? Well so far we have TW driving impaired at 3am

Except he also wasn't actually "driving."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!