IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Patch said:

IDK, if I were Woody, I'd be having a chat with the doctors who prescribed these meds that had an adverse reaction on him. After the doctors, if he used a pharmacy, he should ask them a few questions too. Before multiple meds are prescribed, there is usually some checks done to make sure the meds work well with each other. 

Meds do not affect everyone the same way, and reactions can happen long (weeks) after you have begun taking them. Thats why I don't believe this was intentional. I think he left feeling fine and had a bad reaction to the meds that he wasn't expecting. 

Otherwise, i'm surprised none of you drive at night when you can't sleep and need to get some fresh air and clear your head. Night time is the only time you can usually drive in peace and quiet (relatively) in a city. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, Apoc81 said:

Otherwise, i'm surprised none of you drive at night when you can't sleep and need to get some fresh air and clear your head. Night time is the only time you can usually drive in peace and quiet (relatively) in a city. 

Yea, I enjoy a good night drive every now and then, and I'm driving on the same roads as Tiger. It's very, very calming driving around Palm Beach at 2am, windows down. It's like 80 degrees out every night here, and the roads are completely empty. I can see the appeal. 

Constantine

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

What really concerns me is that this is related to prescription pain killers. MJ... Prince... We've had enough celebrity deaths from those things.

MJ had nothing to do with painkillers though. And Prince is all speculation, since I don't think his autopsy was public (though I could be wrong on that one). 

I doubt Tiger is hooked on pain meds if he's only using them for pain management. I've been prescribed them multiple times. Four times for surgeries due to third degree burns, I was on them almost 8 months straight, and it was Hydromorph Contin for the burns, which makes vicodin seem like baby aspirin. Twice i had Oxycontin (10mg) for knee surgery for a month each time. When used CORRECTLY for pain management, there is little chance of getting addicted. Its when you start using beyond the need for them for pain that they become dangerous (my surgeon explained this stuff to me in great detail, because I WAS worried about it). Thats not to say addiction can't happen with pain, but the chances are less. When I got off, my dose was lowered slowly, over 45 days, from 12mg Hydromorph Contin, to 10mg, to 8mg, to 6mg and so on. I sweated for 3 nights after I got off, then I was fine. I never touched another. 

Tiger would have the best doctors in the world. I'm positive they would be watching out for this stuff. 

I don't believe the (Always uncorroborated) constant yelling that Tiger is a opiate addict. The man has too much drive. I believe he's used vicodin (some of the weakest modern painkillers) for pain management for quite a while, but I don't believe the unverified claims that he's abusing them, or has abused them in the past.  When I see evidence that he is actively abusing them, i'll believe it. Until then, it's just talk and rumors. 

7 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea, I enjoy a good night drive every now and then, and I'm driving on the same roads as Tiger. It's very, very calming driving around Palm Beach at 2am, windows down. It's like 80 degrees out every night here, and the roads are completely empty. I can see the appeal. 

Ya, same here (in the summer, in the winter it's -40 so **** that), I enjoy late night driving, and I don't drink or do drugs. That's why I was a bit wierded out by one posters sentiment that nobody out after 1am is doing anything good. 

Its very possible he took his meds, was wide awake for quite a while, went for a drive and got hit hard by a reaction. As I said early in this thread before facts came out, it happened to me. It was surreal and scary. I too pulled over, but in a parking lot. 

He still needs to be charged, but I think labeling this as anything other than a mistake (meaning not deliberate) that led to a crime which was accidental is exaggerating a bit. I'm positive he wasn't zonked when he left with his car (unless the meds ****ed him up so bad he didn't know what he was doing and drove without even realizing it), and got hit with extreme drowsiness very quickly. 

Edited by Apoc81

@Apoc81 Prince died of a fentanyl overdose which many believe began from a hip injury he had incurred while performing years earlier, leading to vicodin, and ultimately harder stuff. I agree that we're all speculating, and obviously I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's unfair for us to express concern and wonder about how deep down the opiate rabbit hole Tiger has gone right now. A DUI, slurring his words, and not even knowing what state he was in? Assuming that's true (maybe it isn't), that's at the very least concerning.

But you're right, it's speculation. Still, many typical heroin addicts in today's America are every day people who got an injury, had surgery, then got hooked on the prescribed Vicodin, Oxy or percocet. Over time, it escalates to a full blown heroin addiction because it's cheaper and easier to obtain. Tiger has no money issues, so he can continue to obtain the pills if indeed he does have an addiction. Considering he fits that profile pretty much to the letter, I think it's not out of bounds to have questions at this point.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and it's all good. But discussing it here IMO isn't totally unfair. I do know statistically though that most people prescribed opiods for pain do not get addicted. So the odds are certainly on your side here. 

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

• Administrator

Gosh I dislike speculation.

Look at what giving any weight to TMZ got us.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Gosh I dislike speculation.

Look at what giving any weight to TMZ got us.

Yea, that's fair. I'll chill.

Constantine

42 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

@Apoc81 Prince died of a fentanyl overdose which many believe began from a hip injury he had incurred while performing years earlier, leading to vicodin, and ultimately harder stuff. I agree that we're all speculating, and obviously I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's unfair for us to express concern and wonder about how deep down the opiate rabbit hole Tiger has gone right now. A DUI, slurring his words, and not even knowing what state he was in? Assuming that's true (maybe it isn't), that's at the very least concerning.

But you're right, it's speculation. Still, many typical heroin addicts in today's America are every day people who got an injury, had surgery, then got hooked on the prescribed Vicodin, Oxy or percocet. Over time, it escalates to a full blown heroin addiction because it's cheaper and easier to obtain. Tiger has no money issues, so he can continue to obtain the pills if indeed he does have an addiction. Considering he fits that profile pretty much to the letter, I think it's not out of bounds to have questions at this point.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and it's all good. But discussing it here IMO isn't totally unfair. I do know statistically though that most people prescribed opiods for pain do not get addicted. So the odds are certainly on your side here. 

It's fair to speculate. But others here have straight up said " oh, Tiger was hooked on opiates before" when there's no other reason to believe that's true beyond tabloids reporting crap. "Some source who knows someone who met an associate of Tigers ex-wife said..."

I agree with everything else you've said though.

and if he can golf well again and get away from the meds altogether, I think Tiger can win consistently again. Especially if he could get his driving and putting nailed. Even bending to putt must have been excruciating.

Also, why did the police report not mention this supposed damage to the car. A cop would have noted every ding in the car before they even tapped on his window, and reported it. Especially two flats and front and rear damage? Cop just never noticed? I doubt it.

Edited by Apoc81

Looks like I'm not the only one, eh?

OK how about some non-speculation. Tiger had the world by the tomatoes! Fame, wealth, gorgeous wife, lovely family. And what did he decide to do? Go whoring around!

So, he blew that deal , which could have been solace to him after his back issues started.

I understand that the guy has a gigantic hole in his life! But, who dug that hole?!

• Upvote 2

But, seriously......is there a classier dude in the sports world than Jack

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Just now, Buckeyebowman said:

Looks like I'm not the only one, eh?

OK how about some non-speculation. Tiger had the world by the tomatoes! Fame, wealth, gorgeous wife, lovely family. And what did he decide to do? Go whoring around!

So, he blew that deal , which could have been solace to him after his back issues started.

I understand that the guy has a gigantic hole in his life! But, who dug that hole?!

He cheated on his wife. It happens every day in a large percentage of marriages. It's actually natural, we are not monogamous by nature. It's a rule made in Jewish and Christian tenets. The very fibre of our DNA makes us want to spread our genes as much as possible. Testosterone is an important part of men's health. Many have the morals and will not to cheat, but I don't k ow anyone who doesn't have the desire to. I'd never hurt my wife like that, but I'm most certainly attracted to other women. They are beautiful creatures, how can you not be?

• Upvote 2

If this was Jack,  in his hometown and during recovery from an injury and an officer found him this would never be news.

I know for a fact many times these situations are dealt with differently depending on the individual.

Sadly we will never know the real story nor will any documentation reflect it.  

Tigers play was great for the game but his decision making about everything since Earl passed pretty much sucked.  

If you're gonna cheat,  just don't get caught.

.40 to one minute here...

14 minutes ago, Apoc81 said:

He cheated on his wife. It happens every day in a large percentage of marriages. It's actually natural, we are not monogamous by nature. It's a rule made in Jewish and Christian tenets. The very fibre of our DNA makes us want to spread our genes as much as possible. Testosterone is an important part of men's health. Many have the morals and will not to cheat, but I don't k ow anyone who doesn't have the desire to. I'd never hurt my wife like that, but I'm most certainly attracted to other women. They are beautiful creatures, how can you not be?

I hope you're not driving on whatever it is that you're taking...

;-) 

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I find the issue of drug use interesting. Greg Allman died this week. His lifestyle was brutal and probably led to a premature death. Yet we mourn his passing. He was an influence in my life.

Tiger has been busted. Drugs are involved. There is way to much interest in that story, He's a golfer. He's a record setter. But why do we expect more from him?

• Upvote 1

To me,  threads like this are about if you support Tiger or not.  I remember years ago in a garage having a beer with an older prejudiced man talking about race.  

At that time he couldn't respond when I mentioned Woods.  It was before the truth came out.

When the downfall happened.  I realized I had been wrong about Tiger and also heard about it.

This in combination with his highly questionable game changes for little reason (Butch said it...when his driver was on he was pretty much unbeatable.) put me off.

So when I see what happened I tend not to support him.  His life choices...I cannot understand them.

Edited by Jack Watson

59 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

If this was Jack,  in his hometown and during recovery from an injury and an officer found him this would never be news.

In the days before the internet and instant mass communication many reputations would have suffered,

These days you can't just pat people on the head and let them get away with things like this. Police have chest cameras, do they not?

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

8 minutes ago, Shorty said:

In the days before the internet and instant mass communication many reputations would have suffered,

These days you can't just pat people on the head and let them get away with things like this. Police have chest cameras, do they not?

Come on man,  things get unplugged,  batteries run out,  memory cards get lost/damaged lenses get dirty... Reports get written creatively,  it goes on and it's the way it's always been.  Not saying it's right it's just what is. 

Its not the Internet or twitter that decides these things.

I have seen this stuff firsthand,  but it depends on the individual.  

Note: This thread is 2513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!