IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I vouch for my experience that nothing good happens after 1 am.

Okay, grandpa. You never been laid after 1am?

"Witty golf quote."

2 hours ago, BallStriker said:

But, seriously......is there a classier dude in the sports world than Jack

Not since Arnie left us.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Aguirre said:

Okay, grandpa. You never been laid after 1am?

Plenty in earlier times - generally, nothing good happens when you're out after 1 am.

I believe the odds of an unsatisfying event increase immensely.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

10 hours ago, David in FL said:

I hope you're not driving on whatever it is that you're taking...

;-) 

If you think i'm wrong, I suggest you do some research. Monogamous animals choose ONE mate, and never, ever move on. It's in their DNA, such as penguins, eagles, etc. We are not a species designed to be monogamous.

10 hours ago, Apoc81 said:

He cheated on his wife. It happens every day in a large percentage of marriages. It's actually natural, we are not monogamous by nature. It's a rule made in Jewish and Christian tenets. The very fibre of our DNA makes us want to spread our genes as much as possible. Testosterone is an important part of men's health. Many have the morals and will not to cheat, but I don't k ow anyone who doesn't have the desire to. I'd never hurt my wife like that, but I'm most certainly attracted to other women. They are beautiful creatures, how can you not be?

Darwinism. Fittest survive.  Fit males want to spread their seeds as plentifully as possible to try to generates many offsprings as possible. Almost like the old Mormon code.  Mormons are Christians. 

10 minutes ago, dchoye said:

Darwinism. Fittest survive.  Fit males want to spread their seeds as plentifully as possible to try to generates many offsprings as possible. Almost like the old Mormon code.  Mormons are Christians. 

Not exactly. 'Fit males' don't WANT to spread their seed....all males do. But it's Natural Selection that means the fittest shall achieve such goal with greater success. Saber tooth tigers wanted to preserve their survival just as much as sharks but they were not ecologically as successful and eventually their long fangs (a mutation which was not favored) ended the species.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Darwinism is no excuse for cheating.  Bad argument.  When you get married you make a conscious commitment.

Again,  if you never grew out of a need for strange,  then why get married?  Why have kids?  

Just because you have an urge doesn't mean it's okay to act.

We are not monkeys.

Edited by Jack Watson
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, uitar9 said:

I find the issue of drug use interesting. Greg Allman died this week. His lifestyle was brutal and probably led to a premature death. Yet we mourn his passing. He was an influence in my life.

Tiger has been busted. Drugs are involved. There is way to much interest in that story, He's a golfer. He's a record setter. But why do we expect more from him?

It's a fair point and question; athletes definitely get held to a much higher standard than rock stars.

Somewhere along the way athletes have been exalted as entertainers and role models whereas rock stars have mainly gotten a pass on all personal things and are viewed as strictly entertainers that are almost supposed to have volatile personal lives. Athletes I suppose have brought it on themselves a bit and been victims of their own success- when you appear on Wheeties boxes and take millions to be the face of a brand then the public feels like you have an obligation on and off the field to conduct yourself accordingly. Not saying this is fair or not, just the way it is.

As for Gregg specifically (needless to say, I'm a very biased fan of his), Tiger and plenty of others could probably learn something when it comes to PR. Gregg was always honest and genuine with his fans about his flaws and so people loved him in spite/because of these flaws...the same thing can largely be said for JDaly in the golf world. Tiger has always been so guarded and walled off (yes, understandably for some reasons) that when the veil is pulled off from something negative like this, people want to come down extra hard with the hand of judgment on him. Everybody likes a comeback story and people like flawed heroes...I don't think it'll ever happen but if Tiger wants to take the wind out of the sails of most haters, being more open and honest about his flaws would go a long way IMO.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, uitar9 said:

I find the issue of drug use interesting. Greg Allman died this week. His lifestyle was brutal and probably led to a premature death. Yet we mourn his passing. He was an influence in my life.

Tiger has been busted. Drugs are involved. There is way to much interest in that story, He's a golfer. He's a record setter. But why do we expect more from him?

Who "expects more" from him?  I expect exactly what I would expect of anyone.  That they obey the laws, don't put others at unnecessary risk, and conduct themselves in a manner that generally conforms to societal norms.

The only reason we even know about this is because of his celebrity.  If you or I did the exact same thing, no one outside of our relatively small circle of acquaintances would ever know, but that doesn't mean that our actions would be considered in any less egregious. 

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

17 minutes ago, skydog said:

I don't think it'll ever happen but if Tiger wants to take the wind out of the sails of most haters, being more open and honest about his flaws would go a long way IMO.

Agree with this. Also agree it will likely never happen. The same genetic combination that made him able to compete at such a high level seem to contribute to his lack of openness, even with his friends and family.

Edited by chspeed
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jack Watson said:

Darwinism is no excuse for cheating.  Bad argument.  When you get married you make a conscious commitment.

Again,  if you never grew out of a need for strange,  then why get married?  Why have kids?  

We are not monkeys.

It's not Darwinism, it's evolutionary biology. Humans were never meant to be monogamous. Choosing to is fine, but it's not in our DNA. 

1 hour ago, Jack Watson said:

We are not monkeys.

Honestly society, media and religion shames men (maybe women) into marriage. There is something wrong with you if you don't get married have kids. I can attest that societal conditioning makes it imperative to get married and have a family, even if you don't necessarily think it is for you.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

15 minutes ago, Apoc81 said:

It's not Darwinism, it's evolutionary biology. Humans were never meant to be monogamous. Choosing to is fine, but it's not in our DNA. 

Actually I feel sorry for your wife. When someone chooses to go against their natural DNA driven instincts it is probably only a matter of time.  Marriage can get tough at times without having that hang over it.

John

All will be known in the fullness of time.  Here's a question I was thinking about yesterday... America loves a comeback story.  Some people root for the favorite (i.e. Yankees fans)... a lot of people root for the underdog.  There have been countless times Celebrities have crashed and burned and then risen from the ashes to be celebrated again.  Robert Downey Jr. comes to mind.  Will Tiger ever get to the place where he will be the underdog and people will root for him?  Is he there now?  To me, Tiger has always been the NY Yankees and Phil was the Chicago Cubs... or maybe the LA Dodgers so I haven't rooted for him... except in the Ryder Cup.  Don't get me wrong... I was amazed and in awe of his dominance and talent but found it very hard to root for the guy. 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

23 minutes ago, Apoc81 said:

1.) This is pretty far off topic.  2.) This is a huge oversimplification of the human condition and ignores the fact that humans are capable of developing love and personal attachment that other non-monogamous animals are not.

3 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

Actually I feel sorry for your wife. When someone chooses to go against their natural DNA driven instincts it is probably only a matter of time.  Marriage can get tough at times without having that hang over it.

John

Bla bla bla my wife and I are just fine. We don't fight over petty shit like natural attraction to other people. You know, normal life shit. She knows when someone is attractive.

4 minutes ago, todgot said:

I was amazed and in awe of his dominance and talent but found it very hard to root for the guy. 

Pretty much how I felt in his prime.

4 minutes ago, todgot said:

Will Tiger ever get to the place where he will be the underdog and people will root for him?  Is he there now? 

I think he's already there and if he somehow manages some sort of his comeback in his career, he will reach far higher popularity than he did in his prime. To your point, I'm rooting for him now and never did in his prime.

Note: This thread is 2508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!