IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think this recent blog post shows someone who really really wants to return to the pro circuit. 

Clearly it's not about money. I guess it's hard to be at the top and accept an early retirement.

http://news.tigerwoods.com/tigers-blog-updates-on-tiger-jam-and-my-recovery/

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I really don't know what to say. Hard to feel sorry for someone who has everything. He has been looking aged lately and with age your ability to manage alcohol diminishes. It is careless but I really have no room to talk because I have had times when I was younger that were suspect. He is human and we make poor choices sometimes. He will suffer the consequences just like everyone else.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

His lawyers will give him a lot of help beating this. That, or at least a lessor charge. The arresting office better hope he has a 100% perfect report. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

23 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Just saw his mugshot. Holy smokes. Looks of a trainwreck. His eyes have the look of someone who was drugged up. 

Not a flattering pic, to be sure. I just don't get why he'd put himself behind the wheel in that condition. Why no driver? If he was at a party, what sort of friends let him leave by himself?

2 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

That booking photo is proof a picture is worth a thousand words. Looks like it was one hell of a night!

I don't know anyone who looks good at 7am after being up all night, regardless if there were any drugs involved (legal or illegal).  Whether it's an all nighter for work, or an all nighter for other reasons, a picture is not going to be flattering.

14 minutes ago, Patch said:

His lawyers will give him a lot of help beating this. That, or at least a lessor charge. The arresting office better hope he has a 100% perfect report. 

If some of the reports circulating in the gutter press are actually true - 3am, all over the road, reeking of booze - it might be better from a reputation standpoint to just appear contrite and take the rap, rather than having one of those self-proclaimed "aggressive" DUI attorneys start submitting motions to view the arresting officer's personnel file, etc, etc...

It seems that Florida does allow plea bargaining DUI cases down to "wet reckless," provided the BAC is <1.5

I am surprised he is drinking that much with the medication(s) he is, probably, taking - postop.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

They step up drunk driving patrols on holiday weekends. Some places have checkpoints. Woods got caught. I know this is the Internet where everyone is an angel, always follows the RoG to the letter, comes to a complete stop at every stop sign, never drives 5 mph over the speed limit, and hits their drivers 280 yds carry, but how many of us have driven under the influence and were not caught? 

• Upvote 3

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I'm betting it's prescription painkillers and he didn't realize how out of it he really was. Insomnia after surgery is normal. Painkillers after back surgery is normal. 

I'm in no way defending what he did, but I know after I suffered 3rd degree burns I drove on painkillers after I could get around again too, and had no idea what a risk I was taking, because I was taking them as prescribed. After a week or so, I realized when I suddenly got really tired driving. Then stopped until I was off painkillers about a month later. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, caniac6 said:

Bye,bye endorsements.

I doubt it. He doesn't have many right now.

46 minutes ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

I don't know anyone who looks good at 7am after being up all night, regardless if there were any drugs involved (legal or illegal).  Whether it's an all nighter for work, or an all nighter for other reasons, a picture is not going to be flattering.

Right. Nobody looks good in a mug shot even if it's in the afternoon, let alone at 7am after not going to bed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, Apoc81 said:

I'm betting it's prescription painkillers and he didn't realize how out of it he really was. Insomnia after surgery is normal. Painkillers after back surgery is normal. 

I'm in no way defending what he did, but I know after I suffered 3rd degree burns I drove on painkillers after I could get around again too, and had no idea what a risk I was taking, because I was taking them as prescribed. After a week or so, I realized when I suddenly got really tired driving. Then stopped until I was off painkillers about a month later. 

I guess i'm wrong, its saying Booze. **** Tiger, get it together. **** sakes. 

Edited by Apoc81

15 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

They step up drunk driving patrols on holiday weekends. Some places have checkpoints. Woods got caught. I know this is the Internet where everyone is an angel, always follows the RoG to the letter, comes to a complete stop at every stop sign, never drives 5 mph over the speed limit, and hits their drivers 280 yds carry, but how many of us have driven under the influence and were not caught? 

I'm sure a lot of us have driven a bit buzzed at some point, but not many of us have had wives take irons to our car for cheating with a million different girls. Point is, like I said before, Tiger's decisions off the course have been very poor, and this is just another example of that. He's far from a role model off the course. Great role model on the course as far as his play goes before the age of 37, terrible off. 

Edited by ChrisP

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I doubt it. He doesn't have many right now.

Right. Nobody looks good in a mug shot even if it's in the afternoon, let alone at 7am after not going to bed.

Let alone in their driver's license photo.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Let alone in their driver's license photo.

Yeah. And they re-take those if you ask (ours do, anyway), and you can prep for them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, ChrisP said:

I'm sure a lot of us have driven a bit buzzed at some point, but not many of us have had people taken irons to our car for cheating with a million different girls. Point is, like I said before, Tiger's decisions off the course have been very poor, and this is just another example of that. He's far from a role model off the course. Great role model on the course, terrible off. 

He had/has vices. What do you expect from one of the most famous athletes in the world? Regardless of sport. I played university hockey here in Canada. Athletes get inflated ego's, we womanized and partied and cheated on gf's for years, we just weren't superstars, and the time passed, we had to grow up. Tiger could have his pick of millions of women, so he did. I don't hold that against him, he committed no crime. People around him inflated his ego to the point he held godlike status, it was a long fall from grace, but I don't hold his personal life against him, and never did.  But DUI, that's far worse in my eyes. 

I was listening to the PGA station on Sirius earlier. David Armitage said something interesting: ..."it may be time to start viewing Woods' as an underachiever."

Note: This thread is 2486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!