IGNORED

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Al B Tross
Note: This thread is 2508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

God, the gutter press are liars. The report has now been released.

Police report: https://www.scribd.com/document/349852438/Tiger-Woods-Arrest#fullscreen&from_embed

Asleep in car, slurring when awoken, no smell of alcohol, cooperative. Gave breath sample (zero).

Edited by ScouseJohnny
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, David in FL said:

Yeah.

An attorney buddy tells me that even sleeping it off in the backseat, with the keys in your pocket, could get you charged.

This happened to an Ohio State QB a few years ago. A cop found him in his car trying to sleep off drinking to much. The keys were in the ignition and he got cited. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Several questions unanswered. Why refuse breathalyzer if no alcohol unless you parroted what attorneys told you for years - make them delay and get the blood test.

If it is prescription drugs, it sounds like an excuse unless he clarifies it was a newly prescribed drug.

And then, we all have problems, even million-billionaires - but after all of Tiger's issues, one would hope he would take accountability, tell himself "I don't want to repeat this cycle," and seek assistance.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

1 minute ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Several questions unanswered. Why refuse breathalyzer if no alcohol unless you parroted what attorneys told you for years - make them delay and get the blood test.

If it is prescription drugs, it sounds like an excuse unless he clarifies it was a newly prescribed drug.

And then, we all have problems, even million-billionaires - but after all of Tiger's issues, one would hope he would take accountability, tell himself "I don't want to repeat this cycle," and seek assistance.

He did a give breath sample. It was zero. Looks like his statement of last night was the truth. His prescriptions just zonked him out. And then the cops found him asleep at the wheel of his car.

2 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

He did a give breath sample. It was zero. Looks like his statement of last night was the truth. His prescriptions just zonked him out. And then the cops found him asleep at the wheel of his car.

Thanks. But he had the surgery almost a month ago? New prescription?

Whatever the case, he seems to have so many issues - lack of a mentor - since his father's death, that he may need to find himself.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

4 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Thanks. But he had the surgery almost a month ago? New prescription?

The guy has been in chronic pain for years and Rx painkillers/muscle relaxers are amazingly habit forming even if you don't have pain to manage. I don't think he would of had a hard time finding a doc to keep him in scripts.

Either way, this story is definitely looking like less and less of a tabloid filler by the minute.

Seems like people born with great talents are also have big burdens to bear at times.  Some do it well and others struggle with it.  Can you imagine what it would be like to be Tiger Woods and not be able to play top tier golf anymore?

Butch

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, skydog said:

Either way, this story is definitely looking like less and less of a tabloid filler by the minute.

TIGER ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, PULLED OVER AND PARKED! doesn't have the same ring to it…

• Upvote 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

45 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

God, the gutter press are liars. The report has now been released.

Police report: https://www.scribd.com/document/349852438/Tiger-Woods-Arrest#fullscreen&from_embed

Asleep in car, slurring when awoken, no smell of alcohol, cooperative. Gave breath sample (zero).

I guess Tiger needs a new phone number now

• Upvote 1

John

This story turned into a YAWN... I think he was just "sleep driving." Doesn't the police know that you shouldn't wake someone up when they are sleep driving....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Reciting the national anthem backwards is much harder than the alphabet.

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Seems like there should be a different category for that. "Driving" implies, y'know, driving.

DUI laws include intent to drive, so technically they could nab you at the bar parking lot as you're getting in your car. Backseat and asleep in your car with the keys in your back pocket won't matter.

It's not limited to motor vehicles on the road, either. You can get a DUI for operating a boat, golf cart, or tractor under the influence.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Wait, I thought Vioxx was pulled? I got a prescription for it a long time ago and remember reading about the heart attacks and it was discontinued?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've seen up close how prescribed meds can have adverse effects. I house an older family member, basically he's my roommate, and he's prescribed several Rx's. His PCP is careful when they introduce new meds or change meds, they take blood etc. but they don't know exactly how a patient will react until they take the meds.

Anyway this guy is 73 yrs old and certainly isn't a partier. He has alarms and one of those boxes for pills the days of the week have several spaces to organize by time of day. Couple years ago I hear a loud noise at 2AM ish and go downstairs to find him sprawled on floor under a step ladder. Next to him a bottle of Windex and a rag. He's buck naked rolling around like a drunk person slurring he wants to clean his dobbin. Looked like he was trying to wipe down a light fixture because he was directly below it. He's in and out and a total limp noodle, eyes glassy and in obvious distress so I called 911. They get there and by then he was coming around answering questions like name and date of birth with great clarity.

His docs best guess a new sleep aid recently prescribed was a bad match for his pain meds. Given Tiger's recent surgery he may have a new combo of meds and the story pretty much supports it was unintentional. That stuff can totally black you out and then some. I refuse anything stronger than OTC pain relievers when my doctors suggest it. My back has been tweaked for two years and I won't take  Flexeril.

Dave :-)

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Reciting the national anthem backwards is much harder than the alphabet.

Tiger always did like a challenge…

Also, people are missing the real story here. Tiger was on his way back from LA California golfing! That puts him WAY ahead of schedule!!!!

;-)

Funny enough (barely) that I decided to Tweet it.

• Upvote 4

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, skydog said:

The guy has been in chronic pain for years and Rx painkillers/muscle relaxers are amazingly habit forming even if you don't have pain to manage. I don't think he would of had a hard time finding a doc to keep him in scripts.

Yes, the point I'm making is that he must hold himself accountable and request assistance. He's had issues since his father died.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Yes, the point I'm making is that he must hold himself accountable and request assistance. He's had issues since his father died.

What issues? A broken body and a  failed marriage. That happens, especially to high level athletes. I mean, c'mon, before Tiger, the tour was full of older guys who were in poor shape. It wasn't just Tigers talent that got him where he was, but his phenomenal conditioning, something that was sorely lacking in golf at the time. 

Tiger has trained with Navy Seals for hell week (and completed the training) as well other training exercises with them. He ran and hit the gym 6 days week, on top of practicing hours a day. Those are Tigers issues, imo, his body broke down. This is just a big fat nothing, the guy had a bad reaction to meds while driving, it's absurd to use this to point to some bigger problem when he's just had disc fusion surgery. 

I'm gonna be 36 in July. I played competitive hockey since I was a child until a few years ago, started at 3 1/2. My right knee has been through surgery twice. I have aches and pains all over. I'm 6 years younger than woods, and some mornings I have to take Advil before I stretch (I refuse to take anything stronger without actual need, my doctor has tried to prescribe me percocet), and sometimes i'm sore all day. 

I doubt I've trained half as hard as Tiger in my lifetime, so ya, pretty standard. 

Edited by Apoc81

Note: This thread is 2508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!