IGNORED

GIR is KING! GAME GOLF Challenge June 2017

roamin
Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I forgot my game golf unit at home today....it is not super clear if that was a good or bad thing... Using the phone is just not an option for me.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I signed up, I played a round, and I'm currently not ranked dead last. I can take a moral victory out of that.

• Upvote 2

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I played three times last week, but it was with my spare set back home (did not bother bringing the tags with me).  I was only hitting about 8 greens a round anyway... looking forward to seeing how the leaderboards shake out 

Week Four Results

The action dies down a bit as we near the end of our quest and with only one day left, it looks like we may have a new king.

The overall leader board is dominated by outsiders with no rightful claim to the throne, but as the smoke starts to clear, we see the gap has narrowed between the two TST titans fighting it out for the crown. @coachjimsc posts another solid round but fails to raise his total, leaving the door open for a Friday afternoon on the golf course to be his undoing. I wonder if @iacas has a tee time scheduled?

gir-week4a.png.35b362c454bcc4b79aca0ba47efa5490.png

In the individual round challenge, TST has fared much better and has the enemy flanked on all sides, with @iacas holding the top of the mountain. @coachjimsc and @JxQx brought the heavy artillery and have fought bravely, but pending a gallant and miraculous charge in the final hours of battle, this one looks to be signed and sealed.

gir-week4b.png.4dbb31019c770600de7349f62a237bee.png 

@iacas isn't eligible to take home the prize in either challenge, so it looks like @coachjimsc may have a few ball markers to spare soon...but there's still time...

Highest GIR% Overall - http://www.gamegolf.com/challenges/11194/leaderboard
Highest Single Round GIR% - http://www.gamegolf.com/challenges/11195/leaderboard

p.s. "cough, cough." I think I feel a cold coming on, may need to take a sick day. ;-)

• Upvote 4

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

• Administrator
6 hours ago, roamin said:

Week Four Results

gir-week4a.png.35b362c454bcc4b79aca0ba47efa5490.png

gir-week4b.png.4dbb31019c770600de7349f62a237bee.png 

Are Rachel, Tony, or Matt members here? You have to speak up today or very early tomorrow to count.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Although the GameGolf website still shows "Results Pending", I think it's safe to call it...

All hail King Jim and King Erik! Long Live the Kings! :beer:

Congratulations to @coachjimsc for being the top TST member in each challenge and taking home four of these awesome ball markers! (remember to PM @iacas your address :-D)

King Jim launched his assault early, facing initial resistance, but repeated charges from his rivals were no match for his steady and accurate salvos. After grabbing the top spot in week two, he never looked back.

gir-final-o2.png.1d3882f29b55138907bc34a3cfa4bc2e.png

In the individual challenge, King Jim declared his intent to unify the realm but was hit by a piercing blow from King Erik in week three that severed the kingdoms and couldn't be overcome.

gir-final-b2.png.22c06616473bb0f70c60e85b09d21c28.png

For the excellence of their feats on the field of honor, King Jim and King Erik, in their merciful wisdom, have granted pardon and elevated to the rank of Knight, all warriors who managed to breach the gates of the city and claim a spot among the Top 5 during the challenge.

Three cheers for the Knights of the Top 5 Tables! :beer:

@b101, @JxQx, @InTheRough@roamin, @saevel25,  @Valleygolfer

"Hip, Hip!... Hip, Hip!... Hip, Hip!..."

Finally, a big thanks to everyone else who participated in the challenge and put up with my silly posts... :-P

@billchao, @ChillyDipper, @cipher, @Denny Bang Bang, @georgep, @Hardspoon, @Slowcelica

Full TST member results in the spoiler...

Spoiler

gir-final-o1.png.01e51f6e20873dcbbd43a736cf406a17.png

gir-final-b1.png.2fe195ad9227a7f626bd3d5ce132b09b.png

*I think I got all of the TST members, if not, sorry I missed you! :(

• Upvote 5

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

Thanks for putting this together and doing the write-ups, @roamin! Though I never had a chance, it is fun to participate in these challenges. I did have this challenge in mind during my rounds but wasn't able to think my way into more GIR. Mental game needs more work ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Congratulations to the winner!

5 hours ago, roamin said:

*I think I got all of the TST members, if not, sorry I missed you! :(

I thought I entered the contest.  Oh well, I'll continue trying to hit more GIRs anyway!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 hours ago, Shindig said:

I thought I entered the contest.

You did. I did too.-- He just missed our names. You came in 11th on the single round, and I came in 20th (I was expecting to be last, so I'm not disappointed). ;-)

59595365534f4_GIRchallenge.jpg.dd8c142a13a915dc224f231cc0605e80.jpg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

(edited)
8 hours ago, Shindig said:

I thought I entered the contest.

2 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

You did. I did too.-- He just missed our names.

Sorry, guys! Thanks for participating!! :beer:

Congrats to @Shindig for the Top 10 finish among TST members in the single round challenge! (7th)

Edited by roamin

Jake

• Administrator

@coachjimsc, send me your address.

Thanks!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/2/2017 at 3:50 AM, roamin said:

Congratulations to @coachjimsc for being the top TST member in each challenge and taking home four of these awesome ball markers!

Thank you @roamin for putting this together. It was loads of fun. Only got into my head on the last round. ;-)

Being selected King and not really needing 4 new ball markers, I would like to bequeath my 2 ball markers from the Single round GIR to the next best finisher from TST. 

Looking forward to the next challenge.

Happy 4th to everyone.

• Upvote 2

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

46 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Thank you @roamin for putting this together. It was loads of fun. Only got into my head on the last round. ;-)

Being selected King and not really needing 4 new ball markers, I would like to bequeath my 2 ball markers from the Single round GIR to the next best finisher from TST. 

Looking forward to the next challenge.

Happy 4th to everyone.

A most gracious and benevolent king. You're a class act, sir! :-)

( @JxQx, looks like you'll need to PM your address to @iacas;-) )

Jake

Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!