Sign in to follow this  
roamin

GIR is KING! GAME GOLF Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 1064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

50 posts / 4736 viewsLast Reply

GIR is KING! Yet I still go for pins when I shouldn't. :-(

I recently received a GameGolf Live and have enjoyed analyzing the stats the website provides (it's a good distraction from my swing). So I decided to give the "Challenge" feature a try to help me keep GIRs in my sights.

I've started two challenges that will run June 1-30; highest GIR% overall, and in a single round. Tie-breaker for both challenges is putts-per-hole. The challenges are open to everyone on GameGolf, but if anyone here is interested, I'll spring for a nifty TST-logo ball marker for the top-finishing TST member in each challenge (if @iacas will "drop-ship" them for me :-)). Good luck!

Highest GIR% Overall - http://www.gamegolf.com/challenges/11194
Highest Single Round GIR% - http://www.gamegolf.com/challenges/11195

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bump for the day crowd. Challenge starts today and runs through the end of the month.

Already some stiff competition. Happy Hunting!!

10 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I'm in the lead!!

Just saw that. Looks like it was a very nice round! ('cept for those pesky two-footers :~()

I walked 9 after work and got 56%, but I played 1-5 & 15-18 (slow league play in front of me and an open back nine, so I made the jump when I had the chance). I made the switch at 14 but skipped it to make sure I only played 9 holes, but it doesn't look like GameGolf is accepting the 'split' round for the challenge.

Rain in the forecast all weekend, so it'll be next week before I get another chance at it.

8 hours ago, iacas said:

I'll double it to TWO ball markers. :-)

Sweet!! I love mine and am sending one to my dad for Father's Day (plus a copy of LSW ;-)).

8 hours ago, iacas said:

And I'm not eligible

Phew! The competition is already tough enough. :-P

3 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

Too bad I don't have my GG anymore :(

3 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

I'd do it but my GG unit died and it's out of warranty.

The free phone app will let you tag shots without the device. Not as convenient, obviously, but works fine and gets you in the challenge. :beer:

6 hours ago, roamin said:

The free phone app will let you tag shots without the device. Not as convenient, obviously, but works fine and gets you in the challenge. :beer:

Ah cool. I forgot about that. I'm playing 9 holes tonight and 18 tomorrow so I'll get on board!

I really wish there were more options and stipulations for challenges. This would be much better as an 18 hole only challenge. There is so much more that could be done and it has not changed much the last few years.

I have no game Golf :(. hit 13 and 9 on my last 2 rounds ! and im trying to improve that even futther. 2017 record it´s 16 GIR at my home course.

I have the same issue of tending to go for pins I shouldn't. Definitely joining these challenges.

I just joined.  I'm not sure I'll get more than one or two rounds in this month, but I'll certainly help make other people feel better about their GIR %'s!  :-P

Note: This thread is 1064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!