IGNORED

Hank Haney questions Bernhard Langer's Putting

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 2366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, rehmwa said:

But McCarron - I was watching the tourney yesterday and it looks like the hand is touching, the forearm is FIRMLY pressed to his side/chest,.... just a lot of very firm contact from the elbow to the hand.  That's what it looks like. 

Post some video.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

Post some video.

expect disappointment - I don't have a DVR at work nor did I yesterday

Bill - 

3 hours ago, rehmwa said:

I'm not totally convince on Langer one way or the other.  Loose shirt, etc and I'm not scrutinizing too hard either way.

But McCarron - I was watching the tourney yesterday and it looks like the hand is touching, the forearm is FIRMLY pressed to his side/chest,.... just a lot of very firm contact from the elbow to the hand.  That's what it looks like. 

I watched a little yesterday as well.  Langer was finished with his round, so nothing to see there, and I only saw one putt of McCarrons.  It wasn't zoomed in that much and was entirely inconclusive.  He could've very well been clear of his body and shirt for all I know.

I'll record tonight's rebroadcast if I remember so I can FF through to all of Langers putts.

Edited by Golfingdad

4 hours ago, rehmwa said:

I'm not totally convince on Langer one way or the other.  Loose shirt, etc and I'm not scrutinizing too hard either way.

Did you happen to get a time stamp on McCarron? Or which hole he was on?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
4 hours ago, rehmwa said:

expect disappointment - I don't have a DVR at work nor did I yesterday

You have a phone, right? :-)

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Did you happen to get a time stamp on McCarron? Or which hole he was on?

Or that…? Use the DVRs of OTHER people!? :-D

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Congrats to Scotty Mc! He is a cool guy and anchored his way to a win today despite all the flack they took all week. You honestly can't tell if they are anchoring or not with the baggy shirts they wear. To accuse them is just sour grapes.

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

To accuse them is just sour grapes.

I don't think so. What sour grapes would Hank Haney have about Scott McCarron? Or the commenters here?

4 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Congrats to Scotty Mc! He is a cool guy and anchored his way to a win today despite all the flack they took all week. You honestly can't tell if they are anchoring or not with the baggy shirts they wear. To accuse them is just sour grapes.

You just said "you honestly can't tell if they are anchoring or not..." First, they are. Maybe not all the time, but BL certainly has. No, it isn't sour grapes. It's a reasonable argument as these guys may very well be cheating. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

31 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You just said "you honestly can't tell if they are anchoring or not..." First, they are. Maybe not all the time, but BL certainly has. No, it isn't sour grapes. It's a reasonable argument as these guys may very well be cheating. 

Yes it is. You can't say for certain whether they are anchoring or not. Post some videos and call them in. I'm sure some players out their don't like them and would have blown this up instead of the talking heads needing something to talk about. 

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Yes it is.

Yes what is? Sour grapes? How? We're not competing. They're not taking money away from anyone posting here.

3 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Post some videos and call them in. I'm sure some players out their don't like them and would have blown this up instead of the talking heads needing something to talk about. 

Videos have been posted. Look and judge for yourself. I've seen some and think they look like they're anchoring. Others it looks like they might have enough room there to not qualify.

And no, players wouldn't have "blown this up." They've talked about it behind the scenes, and they're unhappy, but it's the claims of "sour grapes" that keep them quieter. There are a lot of players that think they're anchoring. The culture prevents them from making a big deal out of it. The same culture allows players to leave their balls in positions to assist others on the greens.

2 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Yes it is. You can't say for certain whether they are anchoring or not. Post some videos and call them in. I'm sure some players out their don't like them and would have blown this up instead of the talking heads needing something to talk about. 

Definitely NOT sour grapes.  Sour grapes is when you don't get what you want and then claim you never wanted it in the first place.  That's not at all what's happening here.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Videos have been posted. Look and judge for yourself. I've seen some and think they look like they're anchoring. Others it looks like they might have enough room there to not qualify.

And no, players wouldn't have "blown this up." They've talked about it behind the scenes, and they're unhappy, but it's the claims of "sour grapes" that keep them quieter.

I honestly can't tell. They may be they may not be.

The real question is if it was such and advantage, why didn't everyone do it when it was allowed?

Trollin' is the life

(edited)
12 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I honestly can't tell. They may be they may not be.

The real question is if it was such and advantage, why didn't everyone do it when it was allowed?

No. That's not the real question. Anchoring was banned because the USGA didn't feel it was a stroke becoming of the nature of the sport. @iacas explained it better somewhere else, but that's the gist of it. The question is not whether we agree with the rule or if it's an advantage,  it's whether BL, McCarron or anybody else is breaking that rule. Evidence shows they very well may be. That's what the whole discussion is about.

Edited by Vinsk

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Untrue.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I asked a question. Untrue? What is untrue? 

That's not "the real question." Stating "the real question is" is untrue.

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's not "the real question." Stating "the real question is" is untrue.

Yeah everything has to be so literal. Whatever but it's a stupid rule and everyone can still whine about it but nobody dares make a claim. Either call them out or deal with it. Chamblee and Haney need the social media attention.

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Yeah everything has to be so literal. Whatever but it's a stupid rule and everyone can still whine about it but nobody dares make a claim. Either call them out or deal with it. Chamblee and Haney need the social media attention.

• I don't think it's a stupid rule.
  • Others have called them on it, but it doesn't necessarily have to be super public or by making a scene.
  • Chamblee and Haney have "called them out".

We disagree on this issue, on multiple fronts. That's fine by me.

Note: This thread is 2366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!