IGNORED

Anyone used Thomas Golf hybrids?

I bought Thomas hybrids (1-LW) over 15 years ago. They are easily the best clubs I’ve ever bought. Extremely forgiving and long. I’m 6’6” and find getting fitt d for clubs extremely difficult but the Thomas golf folks have their own fitting process which worked great for me. My next investment is a Thomas hybrid 460 cc driver

I have played Thomas hybrids they are of mid to low quality. The club design has not changed in 5 to 7 years maybe more. They seem to be a internet only company selling an antiquated product. I believe they are a one or two man operation using a drop ship service. The quality is questionable AT BEST. For an all hybrid set look at the Cobra or Cleveland Turbo line. I would avoid Thomas golf go with an established reputable company. 

18 hours ago, Groundhog34 said:

I have played Thomas hybrids they are of mid to low quality. The club design has not changed in 5 to 7 years maybe more. They seem to be a internet only company selling an antiquated product. I believe they are a one or two man operation using a drop ship service. The quality is questionable AT BEST. For an all hybrid set look at the Cobra or Cleveland Turbo line. I would avoid Thomas golf go with an established reputable company. 

I agree with most of what you say, but I think the Thomas quality is there, they are well made. What I agree with you on is the design dating, yes they are older vintage, not updated or changed through the last several years. Why buy a product with a 7 yo design? I have a few of their hybrids and the aspect I like about them is they are not hooking machines that so many golfers complain about with today's hybrids. There isn't any 1 or 2 * closed face. That stood out to me as soon as I hit them.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2020 at 7:27 AM, Monty36 said:

Thomas Golf is a company that you should advoid. At one time their product was very good, professionally built. Not any longer! Since the mailing address is the same as a golf component company, HIREKO, they either combined or were bought out? In any case, the workmanship of the club I recently received is terrible! Also, Customer Service will not return emails. Also, phone calls go to pre recorded messages. You are better off dealing with another company!

I agree!,  I attempted to do an online fitting (twice)for a hybrid mini driver with NO response.I went ahead anyway and bought the AT705 mini driver and have used it without success, its clunky and the directional line on top only faces the target correctly with the club shaft angled towards the target NOT in neutral position as shown on the videos. Very disappointed ! AND no response from the company!

• 3 months later...

I bought Thomas Hybrids from gap wedge to 5. Whilst I liked all of them the 8 to gap tended to pop up and go nowhere sometimes if I caught them a bit high on the face (my fault obviously)so now I just use the 5,6 and 7 and find them (esp the 6 and 7) miles easier to hit than a conventional iron they are very good with almost no chance of a shank. I have 8 to gap in Cleveland HB Turbos as the they are more like a conventional iron and don’t pop up. I would recommend Thomas clubs- and the service was good too.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a Thomas hybrid but I did recently buy a Thomas 21 wood from them directly, was struggling with the wedge I had and hit my fairway woods well so figured I would give it a try. It has a traditional pitching wedge loft(46 or 47 I believe). It came quickly (less than a week) and I have been pleased with it. Not a long hitting wedge but it is almost impossible to hit fat or skull...my miss with it might end up short but it has not caused any blowups around the greens.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Russell said:

I suffer from shanking the ball, and am considering full set of hybrids. Do you think this would help ? ( I have had numerous lessons and shanking is more of a ‘confidence’ issue.

A) You'll still hit the ball really poorly super in the heel of a hybrid.
B) I highly doubt it's a "confidence" issue and not an actual mechanical thing you can fix and practice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Russell said:

I suffer from shanking the ball

Define suffer.

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 3 months later...

I have 2 hybrids which I love, however I purchased 2 more and the shipping got screwed up and this company is nearly impossible to deal with.  If I were interested in buying hybrids I would buy them somewhere else.  This company has no phone conversations,  only email. They are super slow at returning your emails, their customer service is horrible.  Stay away!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post but I recently bought 4,7,9 Thomas woods April 2022.  I'm not too happy with them.  I really wanted to like them even though I knew it was old technology so gave them a good tryout.  I'm female and got ladies flex.  The overall appearance is nice, they look well made. The long alignment line on the top is ok. That's the biggest selling point they use, now I understand why.  Unfortunately these shafts weigh 77g and have a poor quality feel, just barely alive.  Shafts like this cost $20 at Golfworks, I considered swapping out for a better shaft but the head has a high metallic ting sound which doesn't sound great to my ears.  So didn't seem worth it.  I lost at least 10 yards distance.  The men's shaft weigh 68g or thereabouts, which is more reasonable for a wood.  So I should have stuck to Mizuno which was what I was looking for before I got sidetracked by Thomas' easy to navigate website and ordering system.

• Thumbs Up 1