IGNORED

2017 U.S. Open Discussion Topic

Utah_Golf
Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

41 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Looks like birdies are falling again this morning. Up to 50 players under par now. Even Paul Casey smiled last night and said it doesn't really feel like a U.S. Open. It shouldn't be this easy.

Remember the theme music from the movie 'Jaws'? Saturday morning, the music starts.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like kevin na found the fescue or something. He's blowing up today. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I'm really liking the online streaming picture-in-picture of another group, switch with one click, on usopen.com

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Remember the theme music from the movie 'Jaws'? Saturday morning, the music starts.

If the wind picks up and greens firm up, then yes. Erin Hills is dependent on the conditions to make it tough. There are some courses like Merion and Oakmont that can play tough no matter what the weather is, but not Erin Hills. Shinnecock and Chambers Bay are pretty much the same way. You need the right conditions or else players will shred the course.

17 minutes ago, phillyk said:

No complaints here. I know some here may like Kevin Na....not me. I am not a fan. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but the guy drives me nuts. He's like that annoying kid in school who makes it feel like a drill is being shoved in your tooth while sitting in class.

26 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Dammit I put the whammy on him. :-(

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Starting to feel like Si Woo Kim is going to be one of those guys who misses cuts and WDs from all the small tournaments, but when it comes to the big ones, he will contend and maybe win. The way he didn't flinch at Sawgrass, you get the feeling that if he gets in contention this weekend, he will be super dangerous.

Case in point:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 10.58.50 AM.png

Edited by ChrisP

Is that a 5 finger AE read? From where's he's aiming, seems like more than 5 fingers.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

18 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Starting to feel like Si Woo Kim is going to be one of those guys who misses cuts and WDs from all the small tournaments, but when it comes to the big ones, he will contend and maybe win. The way he didn't flinch at Sawgrass, you get the feeling that if he gets in contention this weekend, he will be super dangerous.

Case in point:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 10.58.50 AM.png

So...the millennial Asian version of Tom Lehman?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I really like Fox's coverage. Pro Tracer all over the place, and I like all of their analysts. If they could subtract Joe Buck, I'd want this team for every event.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I really like Fox's coverage. Pro Tracer all over the place, and I like all of their analysts. If they could subtract Joe Buck, I'd want this team for every event.

I actually like have the announcing crew they have now. I like O'Donaghue more than Buck and Darren Clarke growing on me as an analyst. Not a fan of Strange or Buck. Faxon and Azinger are good, though.

Steve

Born to German/French naturalized immigrant father and a Chinese Taipei/Japanese naturalized immigrant mother. His great-grandfathers were both talented athletes. Johann Hoffmann (soccer) won multiple Bohemian, Austrian and French titles, while Richard Schauffele excelled in soccer and track and field, garnering more than 40 titles in discus, javelin and the shot put.

Steve

5 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

That's funny

while watching coverage last night, one of the commentators talked about AimPoint while Justin Rose was putting and the other guy said it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. It sounded like Johnny Miller but I'm not sure who it was. Why are the commentators so uneducated? Idiots.

It was Azinger.He said just hit the ball after all the finger, foot stuff was explained to him and naturally Rose 3 putted from 4 feet after using aimpoint.

2 hours ago, Aflighter said:

It was Azinger.He said just hit the ball after all the finger, foot stuff was explained to him and naturally Rose 3 putted from 4 feet after using aimpoint.

You still have to putt the ball, haven't seen the video, but it could have been his putting rather than where he was aiming, like Adam Scott from 1 foot.

Steve

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, ChrisP said:

Danny Willett has really gone the wrong way since winning his green jacket last year. Dead last place right now. Hopefully this is rock bottom for him and he can bounce back and not go to the graveyard of players whose careers collapsed after winning a major championship.

Players play, tough players win!

I dont know about you guys....But it does make me feel a little better watching these guys double cross driver 50yds into the fescue a few times...glad to know im not the only one lol....Everybody is only human but it does suprise me a bit how often some guys are doing it.....(like rahm just did) 

• Upvote 1

I hope Fowler can hold it together through Sunday.

not a huge fan but he works hard.

Edited by Apoc81
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!