IGNORED

2017 U.S. Open Discussion Topic

Utah_Golf
Note: This thread is 2491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Someone upstairs is either rooting for Fleetwood or setting him up for a terrible fall tomorrow.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They're really back loading the commercials aren't they? 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

23 minutes ago, zipazoid said:

Don't care for idiots who yell out stuff, but I gotta give props to the guy who started singing "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow..." when Fleetwood teed off. 

Now I don't want him to win, so we all can be saved from the lame song title pun Joe Buck will come up with if he does.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 minute ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Now I don't want him to win, so we all can be saved from the lame song title pun Joe Buck will come up with if he does.

I'll predict it now -

"Have you any dreams you'd like to share, Tommy?"

3 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

If he loses, Joe Buck can still ask him if the landslide brought him down. 

• Upvote 3

-- Michael | My swing! 

15 minutes ago, Shindig said:

If he loses, Joe Buck can still ask him if the landslide brought him down. 

Now would be a good time for that pun.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Just now, Chilli Dipper said:

Now would be a good time for that pun.

Does he not want to sleep on the overnight lead?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Anyone notice this? ProTracer or whatever it's called now, TopGolfTracer, TopTracer coming up before ball comes off clubhead.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

My vote for MVP today goes to whoever dressed Holly Sonders...

• Upvote 4

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It seems fitting that in the first Open in a quarter century without Tiger or Phil, the leaderboard is full of many of the guys that have been touted for a long time now as the future of the game- Koepka, Thomas, Fowler, and Reed. It's good to see them all step up to the plate and playing this well now.

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Anyone notice this? ProTracer or whatever it's called now, TopGolfTracer, TopTracer coming up before ball comes off clubhead.

I noticed that one, but it was the only time I saw it happen. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

15 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I didn't notice that, but a few times this week I feel like I heard the sound of the club hitting the ball before the club on screen made contact. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun. Feels like it could be like Augusta's back nine when the leaders get back there. I mean anyone who is -7 or better probably has a shot. 

I'm rooting for one of Rickie, Koepka, or JT tomorrow. Love a young American golfer like that to get his first. Harman would be a great story, too. Patrick Reed making a charge and pulling it out would be pretty epic too. Going to be a lot of fun tomorrow afternoon!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I agree. I hope Fleetwood doesn't create another Danny Willet story. Kinda nice to see someone win who will do something with it. DW has just proven exactly what many thought: Somebody had to be in second place when JS gave the Masters away...just happened to be DW.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. I hope Fleetwood doesn't create another Danny Willet story. Kinda nice to see someone win who will do something with it. DW has just proven exactly what many thought: Somebody had to be in second place when JS gave the Masters away...just happened to be DW.

I don't see that happening tomorrow. Too many players within a couple of shots. Whoever wins, it's not gonna be where someone gives it away like Spieth did to Willett - someone is gonna have to shoot a 65 or 66 to win it.

We may have an unknown champion, but I'm willing to bet that that unknown player goes real low tomorrow to take it, not handed it.

Edited by zipazoid

Note: This thread is 2491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!