IGNORED

2017 U.S. Open Discussion Topic

Utah_Golf
Note: This thread is 2487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

30 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I actually think Fleetwood going under the radar a lot today. The guy is going to feel right at home with these conditions. He's not in the last group so the pressure is off of him. And he's been on the leaderboard a lot this year in tournaments so he has experience in Sunday pressure....although today's probably ramped up a bit than your normal BMW Open. 

Of course, if Justin Thomas or Rickie Fowler win, I'll be very happy as I put some Vegas $$$ on both of them pre-tourney (along with Jason Day who dudded on me). So I'm pulling for either one of those two to win.

I agree. No one expects him to win and it is definitely good for him not to be in the final group. He is playing well and hs a great chance. All depends if he believes he belongs there and believes he can win.

Did Patrick Reed pack any extra clothes this week?  Looks the same as yesterday.

I do like the little facts they mention about the playeers tho, they mentioned that Reed has exactly 12 balls in the bag, marks tails sides up w/a 1932(?) quarter, has 6 tees in his pocket and doesn't start reloading them until he breaks all 6.  Reminds me of those "what's in my bag" articles in the magazines.

Edited by 26point2

1 minute ago, Marty2019 said:

Damn airplane noise is really irritating.  

Honestly, I didn't even notice it until the commentators said something about it.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, 26point2 said:

I think it's the blimp. 

They said it's not. They said it's an airplane and they have no control over it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Matsuyama with a great birdie putt. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

9 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Matsuyama with a great birdie putt. 

They said he is 180th on the Tour in strokes gained putting.   That's remarkable.  He's top 10 in the world, and about the worst putter on tour.  

Just now, Marty2019 said:

They said he is 180th on the Tour in strokes gained putting.   That's remarkable.  He's top 10 in the world, and about the worst putter on tour.  

#Strokes-Gained-Tee-to-Green!

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Thanks to all posting here. On the road and stuck with the website streaming since it won't let me watch the tv coverage through xfinity mobile. No clue why they think I'd want to watch streams of players who aren't in contention. 

3 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

He's top 10 in the world, and about the worst putter on tour.  

Awesome. Putt for dough, my ass. LSW for the win!!

Edited by roamin
Typo

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

2 minutes ago, roamin said:

Awesome. Putt for dough, my ass. LSW for the win!!

Indeed!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I see our leaders aren't fond of the first fairway today.  

Fairways are overrated anyway. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!