IGNORED

2017 U.S. Open Discussion Topic

Utah_Golf
Note: This thread is 2491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

20 minutes ago, mdl said:

Don't you wish you could play a 7600 yard course and never hit more than 6i into a par 4 :-P

Those guys play a different game than we do...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I met  Mr Davis this week. I have no doubts that the course  will be a true test of golf. There will be a lot of uneven lies and there is a lot of elevation and blind or semi blind tee shots. The thick fescue has been over  blown. 

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

HAPPY US OPEN THURS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

15 hours ago, David in FL said:

Just heard that Dru Love is playing this week and his dad, DL III, is on the bag.  Very cool! 

I thought I saw a Love IV! Cool.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

HAPPY US OPEN THURS!!!!!

WoooooHoooooo!!!

:dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Very early but so far a lot of birdies going down without the big boys even going out yet. Four par-5s....the first time in 25 years a US Open has had that many par-5s on a layout. Add in wide fairways, some receptive fairways and greens and I don't think you're going to see the kind of carnage we're used to seeing at an Open. I hope we do because that's what makes the US Open the US Open...but I think we may need to wait for Winged Foot in a couple years to see carnage again.

Talor Gooch should take a quick picture of the leaderboard so that he can show people, years from now, how he once held the lead in the US Open!

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

WoooooHoooooo!!!

:dance:

I believe my work day will be cut a bit short today :-)

my get up and go musta got up and went..

33 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Very early but so far a lot of birdies going down without the big boys even going out yet. Four par-5s....the first time in 25 years a US Open has had that many par-5s on a layout. Add in wide fairways, some receptive fairways and greens and I don't think you're going to see the kind of carnage we're used to seeing at an Open. I hope we do because that's what makes the US Open the US Open...but I think we may need to wait for Winged Foot in a couple years to see carnage again.

I was hoping not - but the early indications look that way.
Most of the morning players have started and right now 19/56 are under par and only 22/56 are over par. I haven't tried to look at a front/back split but right now it looks like you could be right.
Of course part of the reason is that the USGA decided to play it as a par 72 (which I like), because they would likely have 4 500+ yard par 4's.

I still say let's see what happens when it dries out a little, the greens firm up and the stimpmeter starts to creep up.

Players play, tough players win!

18 minutes ago, Grass Destruction said:

Your link for the live stream is working for me. 

ugh....

Colin P.

33 minutes ago, colin007 said:

is the live stream not working for anyone else? ive tried 3 different browsers.

http://www.usopen.com/watch/live.html

Not working for me, either, but that might be because I'm at work.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

16 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I was hoping not - but the early indications look that way.
Most of the morning players have started and right now 19/56 are under par and only 22/56 are over par. I haven't tried to look at a front/back split but right now it looks like you could be right.
Of course part of the reason is that the USGA decided to play it as a par 72 (which I like), because they would likely have 4 500+ yard par 4's.

I still say let's see what happens when it dries out a little, the greens firm up and the stimpmeter starts to creep up.

Yeah, I'm hoping this course dries out because this course's teeth would come out and you'd see it play to its full potential. Erin Hills, like Pinehurst and Oakmont, depends on fast conditions to make it play tough. They're expecting a lot of rain after today, though, so that may not be good.

Put $10 bucks on Rickie this week so I'm happy to see him starting out really strong.

Note: This thread is 2491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!