IGNORED

Nice Stand Bags

Note: This thread is 2463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Hell, I'd take 10lbs extra weight if my clubs would come out nicely.

For a carry/stand bag? That wouldn't sell…

Clubs could still bind if you had 14 full-length nylon bits of fabric. So I took it to mean those plastic dividers/tubes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Really? Just a panel of nylon running down? Hell, I'd take 10lbs extra weight if my clubs would come out nicely.

10 pounds more is a hell of a lot of weight for a stand bag.

I've always had bags with anywhere from 4- to 6-way dividers, except one 14-way bag I had. Not coincidentally, that one was way, way too heavy to carry comfortably. It's not just the nylon, its the plastic and fabric that has to go on top and on bottom that add weight.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 0:19 AM, Golf Grouch said:

I respectfully disagree.  In my experience, a high-quality stand bag is materially better than a low-quality one.  Broken stand mechanisms, bent stand legs, undone stitching, and broken zippers are just some of the issues I've encountered with lower-tier bags.  Not worth it, IMHO.

broken zippers or legs is one thing i haven’t had with the Nike stand bags. only bag i have had troubles with was a ping stand bag. but that was way back in the day so their bags prob a whole lot better now. i paid 80bucks for my 2017 nike sport bag. it’s way better then my 130$ bag. i’m not a fan of the 14way bags. always jus like the 4-6way bags the best

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 11:08 AM, Golf Grouch said:

I don't understand why people like Ogio.  I find their products to be low quality for the price point.

Stand bags from Sun Mountain are the best for the money, IMHO.

To each his own, I guess...I really like the Ogio bags with the "Woode" top.  Keeps my clubs organized and easy to pull.  The only problem I ever had with Ogio was very thin shoulder straps on one bag and that was VERY uncomfortable.  I replaced that one this year with another Ogio and it is very comfortable to walk with.  Got it for under $100.  Just sayin'...everybody likes something different...

Approaching "70"....age, not score...

Ping G5 10.5 driver and 3w, TFC 100 R

Maltby H3, H4, H5, Maltby Pro Series R

Pinhawk SL 6i-Aw, Maltby Pro Series R

Maltby TSW 54 & 58, Maltby Pro Series S (tip trimmed to 8i length for the "spinner shaft" effect...experiment that seems to be one of my better decisions!)

Maltby Pure-Track PTM-1, 33" with +2* loft added

Note: This thread is 2463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!