IGNORED

PGA Championship Moving to May

iacas
Note: This thread is 2448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/10/2017 at 1:07 PM, skydog said:

I'm not saying they've necessarily excluded southern ones in the past, but yea, the North and Midwest/Great Lakes seem to get more than a fair share of PGAs historically....NY/NJ have three of the next six PGAs. I know you have to go where the big populations of people are to some extent, but off the top of my head I would like to see the likes of Austin CC maybe get one, throw in a desert course, and maybe something like Shoal Creek in Alabama.

I would love to see Austin Country Club get a major as well, but don't think it is long enough, even from the Gold tees, and they really don't have the space to extend holes for an event.  Granted the few times I was privileged to play there, it was much much more than long enough for me.  

Tom Kite was quoted as believing the course was not long enough for a major before the tour came in 2016.

Now a course that is more than long enough and historic that could hold the event is Champions in Houston.  Would love to see a PGA Championship there.

Edited by scotth

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!