IGNORED

San Diego area golf round soon anyone?

Note: This thread is 1861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, Hategolf said:

I also think that San Clemente muni is a nice summer choice.

Lets pencil Saturday 08/19 in the morning. San C!emente does not take tee times until 7 days before, so the earliest we can secure a tee time for the 19th is the 12th. I will PM on the 10th to make sure you are still on. 

Sounds like a plan. Saturday 8/19 

@Hategolf

@Hacker James  (+1 maybe)

@Shindig

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Sounds like a plan. Saturday 8/19 

@Hategolf

@Hacker James  PLUS 1 

@Shindig

Looks like we got at least one foursome. (Daughter sez she is in as long as on a Saturday)

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

5 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Not sure if  @Hategolf is referring to potential scores, or the weather after reading @Shindig response.

He meant one and I meant the other.  It's a reference to a line attributed to Bob Hope, "I always shoot in the 80s.  If it's any hotter, I won't play."

@Hategolf -- not sure who you PM'd, but if you're okay with it, I could tag the people that have been part of previous So Cal meetups.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

18 minutes ago, Shindig said:

He meant one and I meant the other.  It's a reference to a line attributed to Bob Hope, "I always shoot in the 80s.  If it's any hotter, I won't play."

@Hategolf -- not sure who you PM'd, but if you're okay with it, I could tag the people that have been part of previous So Cal meetups.

good one.  I had not heard that before. 

"James"

23 hours ago, Shindig said:

I pmd you and @Hacker Jamesonly, since I do not recall anyone else expressing interest. But if there are other folks willing to join by all means, we can work it out. 

My reference was score related but I got the joke.

@Hacker James, I'm glad your daughter is willing to join.

Maybe this becomes the TST So Cal end of summer meetup?  This was my tag set when I tried to organize one last year.  Not sure why the second and third aren't looking like the others in the interface.  Hopefully they see this.

@mvmac @Golfingdad @tristanhilton85   @Big C @Lihu @Bechambo @Pakoh @GolfSwine @No Mulligans @bmartin461 @tonygonz1 @Mark B @Coronagolfman @Ringworld @jefkve @bplewis24

Also @spider  @Golfingdad @tristanhilton85 (my tagging seems to work again)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Maybe this becomes the TST So Cal end of summer meetup?  This was my tag set when I tried to organize one last year.  Not sure why the second and third aren't looking like the others in the interface.  Hopefully they see this.

@mvmac @Golfingdad @tristanhilton85   @Big C @Lihu @Bechambo @Pakoh @GolfSwine @No Mulligans @bmartin461 @tonygonz1 @Mark B @Coronagolfman @Ringworld @jefkve @bplewis24

Also @spider  @Golfingdad @tristanhilton85 (my tagging seems to work again)

and @gregsandiego @chilepepper @spider

"James"

I'll play if you have room.  San Clemente is about 1 hour 15 minutes away from where I live and is in my range, that is on the upper end of as far as I want to travel for a day golf trip.

If I get a vote, I prefer early morning.

Edited by No Mulligans

I'm now out.  I just found out from my wife we have something scheduled that afternoon.  I won't be able to make the round and the commute and get back for that obligation.  Sorry.

9 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Thanks for the mention.

I see you guys talking about San Clemente and I'm thinking isn't that Orange County?

I believe it is. Just North of San Onofre right off I-5.  Probably a drive of 1 1/2 hrs for you.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

9 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Thanks for the mention.

I see you guys talking about San Clemente and I'm thinking isn't that Orange County?

Yes.  I tend to think of San Clemente as south Orange County, but I'm coming from north of it, not south of it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

looks like we are back to a foursome again. Maybe some of the area big guns will check in soon. 

"James"

12 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Thanks for the mention.

That's the problem with Southern Calif. for meetups, it's always been a long drive for me for any of the locations.  That and Torrey is inexpensive and only about a 10 minute drive for me.  Let's do a Torrey Pines meetup ;-)

3 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

That's the problem with Southern Calif. for meetups, it's always been a long drive for me for any of the locations.  That and Torrey is inexpensive and only about a 10 minute drive for me.  Let's do a Torrey Pines meetup ;-)

Yeah, if I had that option, I'm not sure I'd ever go anywhere else either.  A friend of mine found out, many years ago, that I was applying to teach at UC San Diego, and advised me not to do so.  He told me I'd probably not do very well there professionally because of the Torrey option.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

@gregsandiego  So....Greg...are you going to join us?  I hope so.

I can play from any set of tees, but am not to proud to move up to the silvers as that's where my game truly belongs.

"James"

Note: This thread is 1861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!