IGNORED

San Diego area golf round soon anyone?

Note: This thread is 1839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unfortunately this month isn't good for me. I'm traveling until the middle of the month then I have two tournaments towards the end of the month.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
9 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

That's the problem with Southern Calif. for meetups, it's always been a long drive for me for any of the locations.  That and Torrey is inexpensive and only about a 10 minute drive for me.  Let's do a Torrey Pines meetup ;-)

...I live in Carlsbad and I drive to Coronado to play. I also would drive north and have drove to Yorba  Linda to play Black and Gold.

I tell you what, get us all attendees the SD city resident rate and I'm in for Torrey!

With that said if there is a course that is conveniently located for most I personally would be ok to drive. 

Edited by Hategolf

Hi All! 

I'll be in the area and would love to meet ya'll in person to hit the ranges or do a round together! If nothing else, we can talk shop. I also travel lots through Cali so don't mind meeting some travel golf companions!

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Howie

Edited by RandallT
Removed phone number but you can use messenger to share contact details.

9 hours ago, Hategolf said:

...I live in Carlsbad and I drive to Coronado to play. I also would drive north and have drove to Yorba  Linda to play Black and Gold.

I tell you what, get us all attendees the SD city resident rate and I'm in for Torrey!

With that said if there is a course that is conveniently located for most I personally would be ok to drive. 

My suggestion is to leave the venue as is, once you begin changing things around, you will lose participation and leads to confusion.  I will go anywhere as well, but it should be nailed down. My daughter lives in San Clemente if that is of any help. Not everybody can get Torrey local residency rates. So far all the committed players live North of Carlsbad. (I am in North Escondido). We are still at four?

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

10 hours ago, Hacker James said:

My suggestion is to leave the venue as is, once you begin changing things around, you will lose participation and leads to confusion.  I will go anywhere as well, but it should be nailed down. My daughter lives in San Clemente if that is of any help. Not everybody can get Torrey local residency rates. So far all the committed players live North of Carlsbad. (I am in North Escondido). We are still at four?

I'm with you on that.  I was making a joke cause the chances of getting a resident rate at Torrey for non SD residents are slim to non.

As far as I know so far we have a foursome that includes your daughter.

13 hours ago, Howe Doogie said:

Hi All! 

I'll be in the area and would love to meet ya'll in person to hit the ranges or do a round together! If nothing else, we can talk shop. I also travel lots through Cali so don't mind meeting some travel golf companions!

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Howie

Howie, you are welcome to send me pm. If you want to play or do a range session. I'm in north san Diego county. 

31 minutes ago, Hategolf said:

I'm with you on that.  I was making a joke cause the chances of getting a resident rate at Torrey for non SD residents are slim to non.

As far as I know so far we have a foursome that includes your daughter.

Howie, you are welcome to send me pm. If you want to play or do a range session. I'm in north san Diego county. 

Sounds good. We may pick up a few more, but in any event, should be fun. (it was last time, with @spider and @Shindig when we played at Camp Pendleton).  I really like Arrowwood also, but it is considerably more difficult and price is a bit higher, but still reasonable,. especially for senior and/or military. I agree with you on the muni, easier to get to.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

surely there are more San Diego and Orange County members who can join us! " C'mon guys/gals   live a little!"

"James"

@Shindig thanks for the invite, but this month is already booked up for me. Hopefully I'll be up for the Fall or Winter outing....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Doing a "tune up" round tomorrow with my daughter at Welk Resort. They have two courses there, one is a par three and the other a little longer executive course.  Rita and the kids are using their time share there. Its okay, I need to work on my iron play anyway which has been suffering of late.

"James"

On 8/5/2017 at 6:32 AM, Hacker James said:

Agreed. I didn't mean to confuse I was just curious about OC vs SD. I'll join you one of these times when I feel more confident.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

8 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Agreed. I didn't mean to confuse I was just curious about OC vs SD. I'll join you one of these times when I feel more confident.

Confidence is over rated. While, it is natural to want to feel comfortable, what you need to realize is that people are really concerned of their own game and pay little attention to yours. I am only now getting to the place where I can play within myself and not be bothered with how well I perform or not compared with others. You should just welcome the opportunity to get out with a small group for the sake of the event itself. You will more than likely observe, that just about everyone will have their share of shots that go all over the place and that in the end you are much better than you thought you would be.

Then....there is always the next time. There will always be a "next time".

On 8/8/2017 at 3:23 PM, Hacker James said:

Doing a "tune up" round tomorrow with my daughter at Welk Resort. They have two courses there, one is a par three and the other a little longer executive course.  Rita and the kids are using their time share there. Its okay, I need to work on my iron play anyway which has been suffering of late.

meh ....it was disaster city...shot an  83 but par is only 62. Nice course though, a few par 4's. I really should play it more often and see if I can get a handle on my iron play. Hybrids are a blessing and a curse at the same time. 

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

13 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

I'm sure you're good company no matter what score you shoot.  

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I sent a pm with a little info.

@gregsandiego, the more you make it an issue the more it grows on you and it becomes an obstacle.

I played a full round of shanks once and lost about 6 balls while playing in a foursome. I was pretty upset and discouraged... I had to go back the next day and play again to get over it.

It is not as important to play well as it is to be pleasant and polite...as of matter of fact, a series of bad shots and swings with good sense of humor can be perfect ingredient to drop the pressure for the entire group.

@Hacker James, I played that course and it is fun. Great place to practice Iron shots. If you  need a playing partner to play it again, let me know.

7 hours ago, Hategolf said:

@Hacker James, I played that course and it is fun. Great place to practice Iron shots. If you  need a playing partner to play it again, let me know.

Welk is just  a short way from my house and I still have one more spot on a coupon my daughter gave me. I will try to get out there one day this week. I am expecting delivery of a new hybrid (Tour Edge E9 26 deg) and want to try it out. The nearest driving range is at The Vineyard except for a rinky dink one off of Centre Center North but I dont like it as you are hitting up hill. The new club may get here this weekend, or Monday at the latest according to the tracking (it is already in San Marcos). I am free most anytime.

"James"

looks like we are all set. Tee time has been confirmed unless earlier one can be had. San Clemente Muni 8/19/2017 10:15

Thanks @Hategolf.

Foursome

Hategolf

Shindig

Hacker James

Rita

"James"

Great time with @Shindig @Hategolf @Hacker James Rita

I could not hit the ball out of shadow, irons sucked. I was the "Master of Disaster", but you know....

IT'S ALL GOOD

Thanks Guys/Gal.

"James"

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

I could not hit the ball out of shadow, irons sucked. I was the "Master of Disaster", but you know....

Next outing you'll show us how much you've improved you mean. :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!