IGNORED

Etiquette Violation?

Cartboy
Note: This thread is 1684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Casual round with nothing at stake? I don't care.

Playing for money? You'd better mark it with something. I don't care if it's a mark repair tool or tee or coin. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/15/2017 at 9:48 AM, Cartboy said:

I have not played with that guy since.  Nothing's been said, but I sense nothing had to be.

Thats what I would do.  No politics, no religion.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

I used to run an ongoing Quota game for this group, and they bugged me to start it up again.

I did yesterday.

Guess who I got paired with?  Guess who beat his target?  Guess who did not?

When you live in area that is 99% politically-incorrect Old Farts, and you like to play golf, and you don't like to play alone, like so much in life, it is what it is.

In my 70 years I have learned that the -------s are not in power for long.  The pendulum swings.

👽

Edited by Cartboy

2 hours ago, Cartboy said:

I used to run an ongoing Quota game for this group, and they bugged me to start it up again.

I did yesterday.

Guess who I got paired with?  Guess who beat his target?  Guess who did not?

When you live in area that is 99% politically-incorrect Old Farts, and you like to play golf, and you don't like to play alone, like so much in life, it is what it is.

In my 70 years I have learned that the -------s are not in power for long.  The pendulum swings.

👽

Kinda funny, the group was having an email discussion about our quota game this morning, and it turns out that the person to whom I have been been referring, and who corrected my scoring at the end of the round yesterday, giving him the point that he needed to win, admitted that he made an error, and my scoring was correct, and that he had made it even with the other two winners.

• 2 months later...

People who like to use golf as a means to engage in conflict-related discussions are engaging in borderline inappropriate behavior. They are not there to enjoy the game of golf. If they are not self-aware enough to understand when they are making people uncomfortable, then the best thing that you can do for yourself is to not play with them. Sometimes it happens that you get stuck with these people when getting paired up on the tee sheet. If it is really bad, I'll just stop playing at the turn and cite some excuse. Physical problems are easily defensible and don't make it seem like something else. If it's a tournament, complete your round and ask to be placed in another group. If it's casual play with 'friends', talk with your other playing partners 1:1 and just tell them 'look, I don't care for this kind of dialog and behavior when I'm out on the course. If Jim continues to be a dick, I'm quitting after 9.' In any case, my solution is to just stop playing with them, sometimes permanently.

Many years ago, we had a friend who had an uncontrollable temper and would routinely slam his clubs into the turf, throw clubs (anywhere), and who would curse until it just became a negative experience for everyone. Some of our friends thought it was funny. I did not. The next time the topic of golf with these friends came around I was really clear with everyone that I wouldn't play with people who behaved that way....and they stopped inviting me, and it didn't matter to me. The same is true for 'course drinkers'. I'm not interested in spending my afternoon chugging beers and cocktails all afternoon in the sun while trying to play for score.

For the other scenario, my rule is that as long as I'm not signing your score card, playing in a tournament or playing for money, you can do whatever you want.

Note: This thread is 1684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!